Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which phone? W995 v E75 v S8000

• 10-11-2009 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am now due an upgrade from three and am not sure which phone to go for. I currently own a C905 and am quite happy with it apart from battery life which I find terrible.
    Anyway I was wondering which of these phones I should go for - W995 v E75 v S8000. I use my phone for surfing the net on the way in and out of work (an hour each way) listening to the radio, taking photos and watching the occasional video.
    Would I be better off staying with my current phone or upgrading?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

You could always take the upgrade and then sell it on www.adverts.ie :)
    The E75 is a good all rounder, but its main strength is the keyboard. Smallish screen for browsing but.
    The camera on the phone you have would be very good - you might notice a come-down in quality going to the Nokia.
    Have the other two got a standard 3.5mm headphone jack or is that important to you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Battery life on the samsung is terrible. camera on the e75 is terrible so i'd pick the w995

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Yep...overall the e75 is the best of the 3, but sadly the camera doesn't hold up...even compared to many 3.tmp shooters. The screen is not an issue: it's the same as on my e71, and I surf a LOT on it...size aside it's excellent. Even small text is legible; it's great in full sunlight even where the Samsung is pretty useless. One thing many ppl don't know about the e75 is that it has dedicated audio chip...sound/use as mp3 player is excellent. Still: if cam is important take the SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Thinking of going for the W995 as I like SE. Is the camera much worse on this than the C905 does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I went from a C905 to a S8000 and the battery doesn't seem any worse, it all depends on how much stuff you have turned on. Turn off bluetooth, gps, wifi and 3G, and the battery life is fine.

The 5MP camera on the S8000 is better than the 8MP one on the C905 but the C905 has a better OS. The screen on the S8000 is better, as is having a 3.5mm headphone socket.

Switching between WiFi and 3G for internet access is a pain/fiddle on the S8000, so if you do that daily it would annoy, but if you mainly/only use 3G it would be ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement