Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 Phone

• 10-11-2009 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

I need a new mp3 player and a phone so was considering a phone with mp3 player. The one i have seen on special from o2 has an mp3 player but limited internal memory but it can accept a 2gig memory card. 2gigs is fine for what i want to use mp3 player for. Just a few questions, does the memory card store your mp3 and play straight back or do you have to wait for songs to be transfered from memory card to internal memory?Basically what would the downside of such a player be relative to normal mp3 player i have always had?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

it will just play the tracks straight from the memory card, you won't notice any difference to the playback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Also wheres the best place to buy a sim free phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Basically what would the downside of such a player be relative to normal mp3 player i have always had?

As IH77 says above, the songs are played directly from the memory card, so no loading/copying needed.

The only disadvantage is that the player tends to be basic enough (depending on the phone model, of course). Having said that, it is not really a big deal.

Also, not all phones play all formats (e.g. mp3, wav, mp4, etc.) so you would need to check. Most phones, as far as I know, will not play protected content (such as songs downloaded from iTunes). Then again, neither will most mp3 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    As IH77 says above, the songs are played directly from the memory card, so no loading/copying needed.

The only disadvantage is that the player tends to be basic enough (depending on the phone model, of course). Having said that, it is not really a big deal.

Also, not all phones play all formats (e.g. mp3, wav, mp4, etc.) so you would need to check. Most phones, as far as I know, will not play protected content (such as songs downloaded from iTunes). Then again, neither will most mp3 players.

might add that now itunes songs are DRM-free, and you can 'upgrade' older purchases.

Also, OP: you probably wanna make sure the phone has a standard earphone socket so you can use good earphones. Most annoying to use a silly adapter - most notably Samsung and Sony Ericsson's often highlight multimedia functions but come with some prorietary adapter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Samsung Jet has a standar headphone socket, and can be equipped with memory cards up to 16 GB, it has 2 GB built in, and plays MP3/WMA/AAC and WAV audio files.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Also wheres the best place to buy a sim free phone.

ebay or expansys. you have to be a bit careful with some of the lads on ebay though..

Advertisement