Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAQ Re-organisation.

• 10-11-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

I'm starting to put a bit of work into reorganising the FAQ's and i'd like a little help with ideas and suggestions, updates and rewrites where appropriate, sourcing new materials, etc...

It is the season that we are going to get asked multiple times where can I get the cheapest banjo camera (ok, maybe there isn't such thing as a banjo camera) and I want to have the FAQ's logically organised that the forum members can simply point the person asking the question towards the relevant part of the FAQ.

The FAQ has grown so what i'd like to do is trim it back to a single post with things logically organised within headings. I've been looking through it and the information that is contained in there is a wonderful resource for people.

So what's needed:
    • Suggestions for reorganisation categories, etc.
    • There are a bunch of things which haven't yet been done (at end of first post). If you can write one up and contribute a post on any of them it would be appreciated.
    • Identify Posts which have not yet been linked in there or supplementary posts to something that is already linked.
    • Updating of information on the existing FAQ posts - such as the places to buy etc.

If you are starting on a task, then post here what you are looking at so that others don't end up doing the same thing.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

A little done - lots more to do. The first bit moves it from an extended list to an ordered list.

Could do with references to updated content and write ups of some of those areas on the todo bit at the end.

Go on, You'll be exonerated if you just write up one piece for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

hey!
    i can have a look at the one i did originally and redo it, if anyone wants to make any recommendations let me know

peace

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I'll do tripods, gather up the best range from 0-50 50-100 100-300 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

That's great guys, your help is gratefully accepted.

There is one thread with a broken link - something to do with workflow. I've moved it to the bottom while the reorganisation goes on.

Can anyone recall what it may have been originally linked to?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Looks much better already.
    One suggestion for the "How to insert a picture in a post": Maybe you could add the bit to choose the correct size i.e. < 800 (especially in flickr = Medium size) under 2.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Chorcai wrote: »
    I'll do tripods, gather up the best range from 0-50 50-100 100-300 ?
    Looking forward to that!

Advertisement