Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst thing your dog has done?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Jedder used to go behind the sofa for a poo on the carpet when he was a pup. We never got the stain from the repeated poos completely out. Before we got the carpet my mother was considering getting a wooden floor, she regretted not getting it. We have a wooden floor there now.

The worst thing Jedder did was kill two guinea pigs, he killed one within hours of my sister buying him (he managed to get the hutch open), my sister bought a new guinea pig a few days later and two years later Jedder got him in the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Came home the Sunday before last after visiting the folks to find the dogs had somehow managed to get into a cupboard and removed 3 packets of pasta, a large pack of noodles and a sachet of chow mein sauce. The packaging and what they hadn't eaten was strewn over the floor and down the back of settee and chairs. The only one with the grace to look ashamed of herself was the eldest. The other two sat looking innocent while directing "it was her" glances at her, but this was rather spoiled by the youngest suddenly pouncing on some tagliatelli and devouring it.

They all had the nerve to look miffed when their dinner wasn't forthcoming at the usual time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Elly (my rotty) decided that as punishment for me leaving her indoors, in a warm bed, with fresh water and food she would chew and crap on my new €600 pig skin leather jacket. God help me it was only out of the shop and never on my back. Went berserk but looked down at a 6 month old rotty puppy and suddenly the jacket didn't seem important. Damn dog has my number.

PS - Gave the jacket an appropriate burial. :(
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

My Golden Retriever ate one of my books....."Marlay and Me". I swear to Dog it's true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭TheScribbler

I've recently been made unemployed, so as you can imagine, every penny counts. I had left a few euro and my redundancy cheque in my purse, ready to go to the bank the next day.

I got up, the purse was nowhere to be seen. I franticaly searched for about an hour. I was about to cancel all of my cards and ring the job to cancel the cheque but I decided to call my OH first, just to check he was 100% sure he hadn't moved it. So I was on the phone, strolling around the back garden. There, up under a little tree was my soaking wet purse with some chew marks. :eek: The dog also had a stash of cooking utensils, a plastic cup, 2 tea towels and a bar of soap :confused: He must have been robbing bits and pieces for ages and hiding them up the back of the garden.

I love the idea of a secret hiding place for canine treasures. My sister has a Jack Russell bitch that is utterly eccentric. About a year ago the dog would disappear from a well fenced garden for hours at a time.

One day her husband caught sight of the animal struggling to pull a very large doll by the hair through the hedge into their garden. Watching with interest he noted that she excavated a giant hole in one of several large flower pots at the back of a garden terrace and proceeded to immerse the doll into it head first then cover it over with soil, leaving the legs upright all akimbo like some alien tree. Closer inspection identified some 9 or 10 teddy bears and miscellaneous soft toys that were similarly semi buried in other strategic locations.

My sister harvested them all and set about washing & drying the 'once loved' appendages with a view to returning them to the neighbour whose little girl must have been missing her toys. 'Oh dear,' said the neighbour on being offered the large bag of booty with fluffed up fur and neatly pressed doll's clothes, 'actually none of these are ours!'

My sister never did find out who owned the mislaid goodies and the dog stopped her spate of kidnapping. Or so my sister thought! Yesterday a fluffy toy rabbit was discovered at the back of the hydrangeas, buried with only his head and ears blowing in the wind, prompting another animal rescue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Yogi, our pom/jack russell cross ripped up the lino in the hallway of my boyfriends appartment last night! :eek:

In the days that nylon carpets were fashionable, I had a 6 month old boxer who shredded most of a hall carpet in an afternoon, having chewed several legs of the kitchen table the day before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

I love the idea of a secret hiding place for canine treasures. My sister has a Jack Russell bitch that is utterly eccentric. About a year ago the dog would disappear from a well fenced garden for hours at a time.

One day her husband caught sight of the animal struggling to pull a very large doll by the hair through the hedge into their garden. Watching with interest he noted that she excavated a giant hole in one of several large flower pots at the back of a garden terrace and proceeded to immerse the doll into it head first then cover it over with soil, leaving the legs upright all akimbo like some alien tree. Closer inspection identified some 9 or 10 teddy bears and miscellaneous soft toys that were similarly semi buried in other strategic locations.

My sister harvested them all and set about washing & drying the 'once loved' appendages with a view to returning them to the neighbour whose little girl must have been missing her toys. 'Oh dear,' said the neighbour on being offered the large bag of booty with fluffed up fur and neatly pressed doll's clothes, 'actually none of these are ours!'

My sister never did find out who owned the mislaid goodies and the dog stopped her spate of kidnapping. Or so my sister thought! Yesterday a fluffy toy rabbit was discovered at the back of the hydrangeas, buried with only his head and ears blowing in the wind, prompting another animal rescue!

Sounds like the dog works for the Doll Mafia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

My Irish terrier cross is dead now, but she left a legacy of bad deeds including

Stealing a bottle from a baby
    chasing winos out of bushes
    chasing couples out of bushes:)
    stealing a birthday cake off the table
    stealing a prize from a funfair - it was a teddy, and she slept with it in her bed from that day till she died.

In her favour she also
    flushed out some drug dealers by barking loudly at them
    found a wallet on the beach
    cleaned up the local neighbourhood by eating all the rubbish on her walks.
    was the best buddy I ever had...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kd20

never ever get a labrador! 3 yrs ago I got the most adorable lab pup his name is Murphy. 3yrs on I have aged about 5yrs. Here are some of the things he did to me. He chewed the carpet on the side of the stairs (this was his only offence indoors because he moved out to his new wooden dog house when he got bigger) so after that, he chewed 2 lovely beds to bits, left over carpet was put down in his house ..TWICE..to give him some comfort he pulled that up, he then ate the floor off his house, then the door and then the felt off the roof, he wasnt happy until his house was destroyed, then he had cheek to look at me with his puppy eyes when he was sitting in his house soaking wet with no comfy place to lie!!! He then ate my gully lids and blocked the drains with all his toys, pulled 3 different vents for the tumble dryer off the wall, pulled the pipe for the dishwasher off the wall, ate the tube for the outside tap....TWICE, ate my garden bench, pulled panels off my side gate (had to get new gate)pulled the pipe for the oil and 300 euro worth of oil leaked out and burnt the grass, ate the broadband wire..TWICE.. 120 euro a go to get it fixed!!! I could go on forever, He has made me cry so many times but I love him, I used to dread getting phonecalls from my boyf he was home from work before me so he had to face the damage and destruction first then he would ring me to tell me, he has quietened down alot the destruction has ceased but then what did we do? we went off and got him a friend now we have a little springer he is 11mths old now, has done a bit of harm but nothing to the extent that Murph did. We love them both though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

I'm almost 33 years old and since the small age of 3 I have had a Pink panther bear that has been through the mill with me. Pinky was there for all major events as a child and as an only child was my lifelong friend. I'm ashamed to admit that up to his demise I still slept with him in the bed.

Last year, left the house to go shopping and to my utmost regret I left the door to the bedroom open when I came home Pinky was in a thousand pieces on the kitchen floor thanks to my Germand Shep. I cried like a BABY for about an hour (pathetic, I know)

That's th worst she has done apart from the designer shoes, numerous tea towels, shed loads of cusions, himself's wellies, gloves, pillows, socks I could go on and on and on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I don't have a dog nor did I ever (cat person & not home enough for a dog) but this thread is hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

When my dog was about five months old, she mamaged to pull my brother's school jumper off the line and chew off a giant circle from the front.
    She also ate one of my headphones. Just the one ear though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭MrMicra

Walking through Dubin city centre she picked up a massive human turd in her mouth. She was quite pleased with herself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

We live by the local GAA pitch.
    Golden Retriever had a fondness for running over during training sessions, grabbing the sliotars and bringing them home.
    We've a sack full of them, we'll return them one of these days. The GAA club must be broke from constantly replacing the sliotars

The GAA club got lottery funding and build a new stand. The county hurling team and the neighbouring county staged an exhibition match to open the new ground.
    Local radio was there and TG4 showed the game

Lousy dog ran onto the pitch, stole the ball and delayed the game twice! It's there on TG4 for anyone to see.
    Shamed on national TV :o

My husky at 5 months ate a salmon . We had taken it out and left it on the shelf not thinking he could reach it.
    We left the room for 5 minutes and came back to cook it and it was not there . An empty plastic back was on the ground and a very guilty look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Eaten his (now old) bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Our little pup Ozzie has been nicknamed 'Ozzie The Destroyer!"

He is 7 months old now and so far has..

Pulled out the eyes and nose from his 1st teddy bear before ripping its face off and tearing out the insides!!
    Same as above with second stuffed dog teddy!
    Broke 2 sets of ipod earphones that he managed to pull from countertop and table! (he bit into the ear pieces till they were no good!)
    Eaten a section of a cushion from the sitting room!
    He hated his doggy seatbelt so I tied him to the normal seatbelt using his lead about 10 seconds later I looked and he had managed to chew through it!! He also got hold of 2 more leads and chewed right through them!!!
    Depotted every plant in the garden... ate every branch from my dad's favourite tree! Broken every flower pot plastic and ceramic in the garden!
    He stole a packet of cigarettes from my dads friend, he was sitting on a step in the garden with his cigarettes beside him!! Ozzie then proceeded to tear every cigarette in the box into tiny pieces! He also did the same to my boyfriend but we think he actually took them out of his pocket when he wasn't looking!!!!!
    He has also broken 3 cups by throwing them in the air! (He throws plastic plant pots in the air and chases them as a game.. so obviously thought cups would be fun!)
    He broke a picture frame and then tried to eat the glass, my dad had taken them from the shed to be thrown out while he was tidying and ozzie robbed one without him knowing... we were lucky he didn't hurt himself!
    He tore all the foam from his insulation then dragged it from his kennel and left it in the rain!! He ate the door and roof of his kennel!
    We got him a new kennel on monday, he has already broken the flap, we think it was when he tried to drag his new carpet out of his kennel it must have gotten stuck but he kept pulling untill it snapped!! He has also started to chew random pieces from his new kennell!!
    There's loads of other things he has destroyed, lots of shoes, the legs of my pants.. sleeves of jumpers.. he is seriously crazy.

The very worst thing Ozzie has done by far is killed a hen. We have a few in the garden and he ignores them. They are sectioned off and doesn't bother with them! My dad got a new hen about a month ago and the other hens completely rejected her and used to bully her so much that she used to jump over the fence! My dad opened the back door one afternoon and ozzie was standing there with the new hen in his mouth... she was still alive but died a few minutes later, there wasn't any blood, we think she might have died from shock. :(

Then he looks at you like this...
    DSCF0137Small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Lets start with stuff they've eaten - this is all as puppies they've (mostly) grown out of it now.

Skirting boards, carpet, banisters, wall :eek:

Countless shoes - usually gotten to by molly opening the bedroom door then the wardrobe door :rolleyes: so they can all bail in and chomp away on my lovely shoes

handbags, underwear, tights ( most fun incident being when Lucky was a puppy and he presented his bum for me to pull out some remains of tights he had eaten without us knowing - SO lucky he passed them with no complications!)

I once came out of the shower to find Molly sitting with her head in her paws looking really guilty/sorry ... I looked in the bedroom and she'd managed to pull a JIMMY CHOO sandal off the top of the wardrobe and started chomping away on it, luckily they were able to replace the heel for me :o and it looks ok now.

Another time we had to rush Lucky to the vet as *somehow* molly had managed to get one of those kids "tub o farm animals" toys down off a high shelf and lucky had eaten most of the plastic animals, the tub lid and the plastic mat - he was squirting out bits of plastic chickens etc all evening :(

They wrecked a budda bag.

peed on just about everything I own, I once got peed on too! :eek:

Ah but theyre so cute though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

This little monster, Blaze

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/battlescars_/?action=view&current=blaze1.jpg

is house trained and generally well behaved, but when he gets excited.. oh sweet hypothetical Jesus.
    I brought him up to my sister's house (he goes mental when he sees her) on Christmas day a year or two ago, and he proceeded to pee all over her Christmas tree and couch. Bye bye fairy lights.

My parents usually go to Spain for three months during the Summer, and last year when they came back, he got so excited that he ran from the back garden to my parents bedroom and back again a good ten times or so, culminating in him pooping on their bed.

He's managed to get his paws on and eat a packet of 20 cigarettes, a stick of hard butter and numerous towels and socks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 *Sparkles*

I have been following this thread with keen interest. I just had to put this story in about my parent dog Max he was a legend of a dog. He was about 1 year old when my mum went abroad to visit a sick relative she was gone for about 2 months. One day my sister and I came back home from school to find bits of foam everywhere which led to the parents room he had chewed half of the bed and headboard. Then a couple of nights later he made a meal out of the front door and chewed a hole the size of his head. Then he went missing for a couple of days. Heard a gun shot and he came running down the track back to the house with the tail between his legs it was at that point that dad decided to get him neutered. He had such a character cried for days when he died.RIP

Yeah, mutts don't you just love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Funniest thing my terrier ever did was on Sunday. The family left to go to mass just around on the corner across a main road and we left our girl out in the back garden. Anyway we're sitting in mass and suddenly there appears our terrier on the alter!

Was halirous, have no idea how she got out of the back yard but she must our tracked our scent around to mass lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Drank a bottle of eye lens cleaner...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Moznips

my dog has just chewed skirtting board to bits (literally 30 mins ago)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jrd_old

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jane/Desktop/griff_and_daisy.jpg[/IMG]Here's a picture of my two mutts.

We rescued griff from a shelter about 3 years ago, and he was pretty insecure at the beginning, so he used to grab anything that he could reach and bring it into his bed.. he was also fond of rummaging in the bins and any food left on the counters was fair game for him.

We used to discipline him with our slippers, until one day when he buried them in the garden. you should have seen his face, he was delighted with himself.

Our latest arrival daisy seems to enjoy eating wood.. we only have her since july, and she had eaten the legs of the kitchen tables, a lump of skirting board from the sitting room and one of the shelves from the kitchen units.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

jrd wrote: »
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jane/Desktop/griff_and_daisy.jpg[/IMG]Here's a picture of my two mutts.

We rescued griff from a shelter about 3 years ago, and he was pretty insecure at the beginning, so he used to grab anything that he could reach and bring it into his bed.. he was also fond of rummaging in the bins and any food left on the counters was fair game for him.

We used to discipline him with our slippers, until one day when he buried them in the garden. you should have seen his face, he was delighted with himself.

Our latest arrival daisy seems to enjoy eating wood.. we only have her since july, and she had eaten the legs of the kitchen tables, a lump of skirting board from the sitting room and one of the shelves from the kitchen units.

Funny pic, look like a couple of street con-artists waiting for their next victim; the dapper black and white suit would distract you, while the little apprentice would pick your pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cadey110

Our crazy boxer Benny has to date:

Eaten three tree size plants in the back garden( biting straight through the trunk twice.

Eaten the back of his Kennel

Torn down and eaten the side support of the shed

Several of the wifes undergarments ( to which he seems very attraced to!!)

We had him a few days and he pissed all over the wifes feet. I found this hilarious but she didnt for some reason.

Countless other things have been destroyed but at the same time I wouldnt swap him for anything.

Pic below is him after a feed of buttercups. He is a muppet!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The late Sam (a.k.a. 'Rat') used to sleep in what I think was a coal store. It was full of old pillows and duvets so he was like the queen of the parade in there on his pile of softness.

One day he obviously decided he wanted one of his duvets out so he could lie in the sun. Of course it was an old feather-filled one for maximum fun. His cheesy smile in the second photo still makes me laugh.

• Advertisement

Some years ago I had a three month old Cavalier King Charles who somehow managed to get himself up on top of the kitchen table while we were out shopping and polished off about 90% of a pound of butter. He was ill for a week and boy could he decorate the floor with ingested butter?

Advertisement