Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinchilla owners

Options
  • 10-11-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

On Sunday I got my first Chinchilla.

At the moment I have a very basic set up, cage, house, sand bath, chew stick, food bowl and water.

Can people please post pictures of their set up to give me ideas, want to get him some toys and things.

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

eeyore2502 wrote: »
    On Sunday I got my first Chinchilla.

At the moment I have a very basic set up, cage, house, sand bath, chew stick, food bowl and water.

Can people please post pictures of their set up to give me ideas, want to get him some toys and things.

Tks

Heya congrats on becoming a Chin owner. I myself got 2 a few months back and had them about 6 weeks (2 females) and one gave birth to 3 babies. Only 2 survived and are thriving. They were born on Sept 11th so going to new home in a while. I have a white one on hold in a pet shop for me atm as i can't really have 5 in the cage i have. Like you its very basic and i was only coming on here to ask others about their cages :D All i've done to the cage is add wire to the bottom easier to clean. They have 2 shelves. On the bottom they have a log they can go under, a paper roll which is fairly big to go into and also have another kitchen roll thing to chew/play with.

I am planning on turning a large dog cage into a cage for them. Hoping to make it all natural with apple branchs but will also have selves. I found a website to make my own wheel for them to run in and also this "box" for them to sleep in. If you google "homemade Chinchilla cages" you will get some great ideas cause i have. I've just under a month to do it before i get my new Chinchilla so hoping to make my mind up before then and what to do.

PM me if you would like some help etc ;)

Eemia

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Thks, good luck with yours.

I went to 2 local pet shops and couldn't get a single toy for him :(

Looks like I will have to go online and order him something.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Thanks same to you!

Any good at making stuff? Plenty of wooden toys you can make, pretty sure they don't really "play"

zooplus.co.uk/.ie is not bad for stuff

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

I have got stuff for my hamster before from zooplus, will have a look into making some stuff and see how it goes.

Advertisement