Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Moon beer

Options
  • 10-11-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the American beer called Blue Moon is available in any pub or off licence in Dublin?

I'm just back from the west coast of america (so depressed to be home) and myself and my OH fell in love with this drink! It is a light cloudy beer served with a wedge of orange!

Any help appreciated as it might numb the pain of being home!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Available in newry, but I think McHughs Kilbarrack Road may also have some.

It ok, nothing special for a wit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Apparently it's been spotted recently in the offy on the Navan Road, next to Cabra Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

If you can't find it, you should try Hoegaarden, which is the same kind of beer, but is much easier to lay your hands on in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hoprodrye

A very mediocre (if truth be told, ****e) beer brewed by Coors. I don't like the style anyway but, as stated by others here, there's far better readily available in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 darranquinlan

LIKE YOURSELF I WAS ALSO IN THE STATES AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THE BEER.

I WAS LOOKING A LONG TIME TO GET IT OVER HERE AND TO MY SURPRIZE I WAS IN MY LOCAL CENTRA IN CELBRIDGE AND THERE THEY WERE.

SO IF YOU LIVE CLOSE TO CELBRIDGE OR DRIVE HEAD UP THERE

BLUE MOON IS SO GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wine_Guy

O'breins are currently offering blue moon at either 5 or 6 for a tenner, it is available to all stores, so if there is one near you i'd ring or call in. if they have it, buy it and if not get them to order it

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

I bought some in O'Briens in Galway a couple week-ends ago. and yes tere was some sort of deal on them. I found it fairly nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wine_Guy

hoprodrye wrote: »
    A very mediocre (if truth be told, ****e) beer brewed by Coors. I don't like the style anyway but, as stated by others here, there's far better readily available in Ireland.
    why is there always some1 giving out on this site, if ya can't help with an issue are you not better served to stay out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Wine_Guy wrote: »
    why is there always some1 giving out on this site, if ya can't help with an issue are you not better served to stay out?

He is just stating an opinion :confused:, its is a mediocre beer an a poor attempt by Coors to mimic a Belgian wit, with out using a decent Belgian yeast

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

oblivious wrote: »
    He is just stating an opinion :confused:, its is a mediocre beer an a poor attempt by Coors to mimic a Belgian wit, with out using a decent Belgian yeast

I think what Wine Guy means is that while hoprodrye is entitled to express his opinion on Blue Moon, it would have been much more useful if he could have suggested some readily-available wits that he thinks aren't mediocre / ****e. As is, it's not very helpful.

Not to mention that calling another person's preference ****e is a bit rude. I can see the objection.

(/putting words in someone else's mouth)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mjmorrisroe

Musgraves, Sallynoggin. 24 bottles for €23 - Lovely beer...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TalkingGoose

The Living Room on Cathal Brugha street have it on tap for €5 a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Had a few pints of it in o neills on Anne street on Friday night. Think the pub in the central hotel off George street has it as well. Haven't tasted the draught hooergarden yet but the bottles of it taste nicer than the draught blue moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭donaghs

Roughly what part of Dublin is handy for you?

Most recently I saw it in a Centra on Westland Row, near Pearse Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Lilac Wines in Fairview, 5 bottles for €8.99.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Cassidys on Westmoreland Street sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

Sweeney's mongrel, dame street sell it on draught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Camilo

Is blue moon tricky to get a hold of? I live in Tipperary and go to college in Galway and ive seen blue moon in nearly every off-license. Always seems to be sold really cheap as well, looked grubby to me :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

It is a lovely beer in my opinion. Certainly different to the usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Dunnes Bleedin Stores in Ashleaf crumlin...

get the feelin this stuff is everywhere..basically just leave your domicile darranquinlan and you'll find it..

not that bad though in comparison to Hoegarden (considering its made by coors)...

Dont really give a hoot about what purists say about yeast witbeer blah blah blah,, if it tastes good for you then drink up and be merry..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Just remembered The Living Room Cathal Brugha st have it on draft.

They were advertising it as the beer of the month but it hasnt gone anywhere in the last few months.

Advertisement