Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not good at maths, would this work ?

Options
  • 10-11-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Sitting at home, sick with Swine-Flu, in my delirium state I pondered, if the government want to bring in extra revenue, how about offering an option on PRSI to include a kind of long term sickness benefit for, say 2/3rds of your pay (clearly limited, weighted etc etc) that would kick in, say, if you were ill for more than your company would pay out for up to say a year, or 6 months...

Maybe they could even offset it to an insurance underwriter or something...

I would go for that if it meant I got cover at a better price than the rip off insurance co's charge.

Probably would'nt work due to age, health etc reasons, but if it could be found to work, the govt' would get considerable revenue in return?

just a mad idea... blame the delirium :)

FBP.

Comments

Advertisement