Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shelter donation

Options
  • 10-11-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

myself and my future wife are tying the knot next year,instead of the usual crappy favour things(like scratch cards etc) for the guests we're thinkin of makin a donation on their behalf to a animal shelter....has to be wicklow based..we're thinkin of ASH as they tend to have a soft spot for basset hounds as do we..what would be a reasonable donation in this case...we're thinkin 3-400 euro as its not a big wedding and funds are tight.. i think its a much nicer idea than a lotto card or bag of sweets as ive seen at other weddings...what you all think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

dont know anything about ASH but i think its a fantastic idea,,well done,lovely gesture:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It's not uncommon, some people ask instead of gifts for money to be given to a charity etc, so I think it's a nice gesture, and give back to somewhere that means something to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We got a cat from Ash in February and they are lovely. As I have a daughter, cat and dogs I needed a cat that could take all this in its stride. They asked a couple of questions and told me to come see them. We got a great cat, very loving, who fits in perfectly. All they asked was fill in some paperwork and €15-20 donation and they drove half way to meet us when we had to collect him. Needless to say we gave them a bit more and some bedding and stuff our pup had grown out of. They are wonderful people and do a fantastic job.
    I think its a lovely idea, If I saw this at a wedding I'd love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i have heard some great reports about them..and your comments only confirm them so thats great news..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Forgot to add, best of luck for the future:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Best Idea Ever! :D We got Monty from Ash and he is amazing! I have so much admiration for all the team there, they truly do an outstanding job! Have a great wedding day!!

good to hear yourface

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

myself and my future wife are tying the knot next year,instead of the usual crappy favour things(like scratch cards etc) for the guests we're thinkin of makin a donation on their behalf to a animal shelter....has to be wicklow based..we're thinkin of ASH as they tend to have a soft spot for basset hounds as do we..what would be a reasonable donation in this case...we're thinkin 3-400 euro as its not a big wedding and funds are tight.. i think its a much nicer idea than a lotto card or bag of sweets as ive seen at other weddings...what you all think
    What an excellent and lovely idea!
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Not too far off topic, I hope...
    When you donate as a birthday or Christmas gift to someone, which of our animal rescues, shelters or charities emails a card to the person?

as far as i know ASH have their own range of christmas cards this year...check out the webite...thats were i seen them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

i think this is a great idea, just so you know some of the recues do wedding favours, therefore you have something to give to your guests and theres a donation made, you should look into it, theres sumit about it on the ISPCA website...

The top pic of your dog is amazing, not only is he georjus but the pic looks like its off a calender, good camera..:D

thanks crafty...but we cheated..it was taken by our bridesmaid to be who is a photograper ha ha

youre right i just checked out the ispca website and they do wedding favours thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

thats handy, you could get your bridesmaid to do the photos on the day saves you forking out a fortune for a photographer..lol.. :D

i didnt want her to be bridesmaid..i wanted her to take the pictures so it would have saved us a couple of grand ha ha but sssshhhhh told tell tell the other half

ive just seen that ASH have a regular spot on ireland am on tv3..they were just on with 3 lovely dogs for rehoming

Advertisement