Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappy problem

Options
  • 10-11-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

My 21month lil girl is currently in pampers active fit 5+.
    Im finding her in morning with nappy full and letting out.
    Past couple of nights I've taken her up during night and changed her so this won't happen.
    Im pretty sure 5+ is the biggest size? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Try huggies superdry. I dont use them anymore as they arent the softest but they are pretty good for absorbancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I was having the same problem until I discovered Pampers Dry Nites Size 6.

You could also try to limit the amount she drinks just before bedtime (easier said than done, though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

simu wrote: »
    I was having the same problem until I discovered Pampers Dry Nites Size 6.

You could also try to limit the amount she drinks just before bedtime (easier said than done, though!)

Hmm never saw them before. Where did you buy them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Hmm never saw them before. Where did you buy them??

Tesco, in Paul St Shopping Centre, Cork. I haven't seen the Active Fit ones in 6 though.

I see.. I'm in dublin.. bit far to go for nappies:p
    No big tesco near me and I don't drive... but I will have a look around for them, thanks!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Funny, I was just thinking about the same thing. Our youngest (aged 22 months) almost never sleeps through the night in his cot. He'd wake at anytime between midnight and 3am and I would change his nappy then before leaving him in our bed.

Last night he slept till 9am and he was soaked. Yes he's a milkaholic. I find pampers baby dry hold more then pampers active fit and huggies normal ones (whatever they are called). I haven't tried the drynites though.

Huggies do come in size 6 too, so that might be an option. I might try ease him off the milk a bit though. Maybe limit him to one bottle after his dinner. Easier said than done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Most supermarkets or large shops will stock the huggies dry nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Huggies do a size 6 alright. The pampers are just too small in the end. I thought it was stupid, but I suppose they use fewer nappies as they move towards toilet training so they're less popular. Anyway....

I could get some in our local shop and bring them into town if you want? I'll be driving into the city on Thursday (I work up near Guinness). That'll be the last time I drive in for a while (the train bridge should be repaired by Monday and I'm not in the office tomorrow or Friday).

Khannie wrote: »
    Huggies do a size 6 alright. The pampers are just too small in the end. I thought it was stupid, but I suppose they use fewer nappies as they move towards toilet training so they're less popular. Anyway....

I could get some in our local shop and bring them into town if you want? I'll be driving into the city on Thursday (I work up near Guinness). That'll be the last time I drive in for a while (the train bridge should be repaired by Monday and I'm not in the office tomorrow or Friday).

Wow thats so nice of you Khannie! :D I think you have restored my fate in men a little :pac:

On the nappy note, my mam picked some up in Super Value for me. Night one... hopefully a dry one:D

No worries. Glad you got sorted anyway.

So did they work?

• Advertisement

Yup.. worked a charm!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Hi,

I ended up cutting out the drinks going to bed. My little one was fond of her bottle up to 2yrs. I cut a slit in the teat and she got a bit wet ... kept saying 'too much' but then I braved it over a weekend and said the bottle was broken and she couldn't have it anymore. End of bottle after a couple of tough evenings. Cutting out bottle led to cutting out fluids at night time for us and that meant we could move to pull ups rather than nappies. She is potty trained during day so we're just waiting for the night that the pull ups go as well. Not quite sure how that will work or how to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    My 21month lil girl is currently in pampers active fit 5+.
    Im finding her in morning with nappy full and letting out.
    Past couple of nights I've taken her up during night and changed her so this won't happen.
    Im pretty sure 5+ is the biggest size? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Pampers do a size 6.

CeNedra wrote: »
    Not quite sure how that will work or how to get there.

I'm not sure how that works either. I suppose we'll find out soon. :D

The pampers ones were the ones I got.. baby dry size 6.

Still put active fit 5+ on her during day and then the size 6 over night.

So far working a charm.:D

Advertisement