If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a tv for christmas

Options
  • 10-11-2009 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭

Hey i posted here a while ago about the same thing but im just wondering has there been any updates.

Im strongly thinking of gettin new tv for christmas december sometime more then likely.

So what i want to know is what is the best tv out there for 1600 or less ? nothing smaller then 40inch as thats what i already have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Angerfist2009

Well there's a few options available to you.

8 Series TV's
    These are 1080p Full HD TV's with 100Hz and Pixel Precise HD image processing and an 80000:1 contrast ratio and 3ms response time
    Also on board is Ambilight and NET TV (Wires into your broadband router)
    The 8 Series have been somewhat popular on Boards, actuallly MASSIVELY popular!

47PFL8404 47" 8 series TV which sells in store for €1499.99
    42PFL8404 42" 8 Series TV Which we sell in store for €999.99

The 8 Series come with a 4 year warranty but this offer ends 30th November.

9 Series TV's
    These are the range toppers and are stunning TV's - the 42PFL9664H is the WHAT HIFI award winner for premium 42" TV 2009.

You get our most powerful image processing in the shape of Perfect Pixel HD processing. 200Hz Clear LCD panel, 1ms repsonse time Ambilight and NET TV (wired or wireless connection with your router)

We love these TV's

The 42PFL9664H sells instore for €1799.99
    The 47PFL9664H sells for €1999.99 - another popular one of late:)
    the 40PFL9704H - LED Backlit Local Dimming LCD €1999.99

These come with a 5 year warranty (again the offer expires on 30th November 2009)

Now dont forget you can take your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount to reduce each of the above prices down.

I have ALL these TV's on display and would be happy to demo each of them for you if yo call on in.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I have at the moment a Samsung le40m87bdxixeu
    I have had it couple years ago and really like this telly
    I was looking at there new led tv s and was tempted by the 46b70s u see in the shops.

So what im looking for is something better then what i have now dont have to be philips i know you deal with them but im open to any brand once its high performance.

I am open to maybe spending 1700 at most unless im gettin something amazing i really dont need buy new tv but im looking for something great here that i will be WOW ed by something can treat meself to for christmas.

Just how good is the Philips 40PFL9704H on par with the best the others have to offer from samsung sony so on???

Cause if i could get this at a decent price and it really was the best i could get i would really consider it for december.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I upgraded from the M87 to the PFL9664 recently. Took a while to get used to the philips but the difference is huge. No glossy screen anymore which I don't miss. The tv takes a few seconds to warm up but once it's on the picture and sound are fantastic. I thought when I saw my brother in laws philips I couldn't take to the ambilight but I reckon that was in his setting but once I got used to it it really is a fantastic feature as are most of the features on the 9664. Once you tweak the settings to your own preference I think you will be very pleased with this set if you go for it.

Angerfist2009

Call in in and have a look - I'm sure it will WOW you!
    You really should demo these instore prior to purchasing - i'm happy to show you around the ranges .

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ill try and get in Saturday if i can i work Monday to Friday and wont get into town before you s close.

If i was to call in during the day on a Saturday who would i be best to speak with? My name is Richard by way just so i dont have to come in callin myself angerfist haha

Thanks for the advice Rednick by the way :-).

• Advertisement

Ash will let you watch Transformers 2 while you are there.:p

Hi guys

Angerfist2009, Well I'd have to say myself, Ash!
    As far as identifing yourself in store I reckon you should shout out your Boards name when you arrive - be proud of it!!

Rednik, If he brings the popcorn........
    Was hoping to show UP on BR but its a Region A BR so Trans 2 will have to do...

Ash

Ash, Star Trek is out this week and has had great reviews on blu ray. I might drop in with the coke (cola:p) if you get this on.

Its on my shopping list........
    6 pack of Boags please:D
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.