Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassins Creed 2 Pre Order

• 10-11-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Ok so i was contemplting pre ordering this only,
    after looking at several websites i found the lowest price to be €38.94 from coolshop.co.uk

The others were:

thehut = €40.86
    gamesnash= €53.99
    play.com= €51.99
    cdwow= €42.27
    And finally
    zavvi= €38.94

All sites include free delivery.

What im wondering is does anyone know of a cheaper place to buy from?

If not what are ppls experience with coolshop.co.uk??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Well regarding coolshop, I ordered my copy of Modern Warfare 2 (PC) on Nov 2nd, it shipped Nov 6th and I got it Nov 7th. Order process was painless and the game arrived in a jiffy bag without a scratch. Definitely no complaints from me. :)

I've also ordered from thehut and play.com both of which were gain painless for the ordering process but the former had a better delivery time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I ordered the Black edition from Play.com when it was going to be exclusively available from them (Before Gamestop spotted and exploited the loophole in the exclusivity contract - Fair play to them! :D)
    so I expect to have it... erm... in time for Christmas... maybe... :pac:

Same here actually, I'm just hoping it arrives in better condition than the first Batman: Arkham Asylum CE I got from them. It was terribly wrapped in the middle with one small piece of bubble warp and then just stuck in a plastic postage bag. Really not good enough when you're paying a lot of money for the nice editions. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

gizmo wrote: »
    Same here actually, I'm just hoping it arrives in better condition than the first Batman: Arkham Asylum CE I got from them. It was terribly wrapped in the middle with one small piece of bubble warp and then just stuck in a plastic postage bag. Really not good enough when you're paying a lot of money for the nice editions. :o

That really sucks. I'd kinda freak out at that, bit OCD when it comes to getting things (and keeping them) in perfect condition. I got the CE of the first AC from game, it was nice and perfect. Assuming they use the same suppliers, it should arrive better packed. Or you could e-mail and ask about how they're gonna package it?

Hah, I rang them straight away, demanded a refund and they sent a courier out the following Monday to collect it. In the meantime I ordered the superior US edition of it for about £3 cheaper and had it the following Thursday after it had arrived in what I can only describe as the best packed item I've ever received in my life. :D

Fingers crossed with AC2 alright, I've emailed them regarding the pre-order alright, first to make sure it was still valid (I'd noticed it had disappeared from their site but it turned out it was only because they were sold out) and second to ask about the packaging. They assured me it would leave their warehouse in perfect condition and they didn't foresee any issues with delivery etc... I guess time will tell. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't bother pre-ordering. As we saw today, even with the supposed 'biggest entertainment launch of ever' the game won't sell out. Also I'd wait for reviews. I've a funny feeling ubisoft haven't learnt from their mistakes in the first game and are going to churn out a very disappointing title.

By not pre-ordering it you have a choice of getting it much cheaper instead of having to fork out the price set by where you pre-order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother pre-ordering. As we saw today, even with the supposed 'biggest entertainment launch of ever' the game won't sell out. Also I'd wait for reviews. I've a funny feeling ubisoft haven't learnt from their mistakes in the first game and are going to churn out a very disappointing title.

By not pre-ordering it you have a choice of getting it much cheaper instead of having to fork out the price set by where you pre-order.

Can't give this enough +'s. Unless the major DVD manufacturers of the world all suddenly forget how to manufacture discs correctly I don't ever foresee a shortage of games.
    I know people who pre-ordered months ago and I just decided today to buy it, got it for 15 quid less and got playing before them.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I did love the first game in spite of it's flaws, and when I saw the Black Edition I couldn't resist! Couldn't just wander into a shop and pick it up either, so pre-ordering was the only way to go for me.

(The Ezio figurine/statuette just looks too damn cool)

I did love the first game in spite of it's flaws, and when I saw the Black Edition I couldn't resist! Couldn't just wander into a shop and pick it up either, so pre-ordering was the only way to go for me.

(The Ezio figurine/statuette just looks too damn cool)

+1, I really enjoyed most of the first AC, it was a original experience. It doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to iron out the flaws either.

The statue with the CE of the first game was nice, the Ezio one looks even better!

Mr. K wrote: »
    The statue with the CE of the first game was nice, the Ezio one looks even better!

Yeah, I'm very tempted to go trawling Ebay again looking for one of the Altair ones! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

I saw the Black Edition Enzio today and he is tiny compared to the Altair figure from the first collectors edition. He is nowhere near the same scale. He's only up to Altairs shoulder, so much for me displaying them side by side when I get my Black Edition on Friday. Would it have killed them to make Enzio to the same scale of Altair???
    Very disapointed in the figure but roll on Friday for the release.

Really hope I get mine for Friday from Play, but I'm doubtful :(

IGN have their reviews up now, 9.2 from mail IGN site, 9.0 from IGN AU and 8.8 from IGN UK.
    Assassin's Creed II is the follow-up to Ubisoft's 2007 hit that attracted a mass audience if not unanimous critical acclaim. The sequel is an expansive and bloody romp through Renaissance Italy that plays up every popular aspect of the first installment while righting many of its flaws. Assassin's Creed II has evolved from an ill-defined action game into a fully featured open world experience. Everything from the new monetary system to the ability to buy armor and weapons makes it a richer, and ultimately more satisfying game than its predecessor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Nice brick and mortar prices for those in need of a credit card/3v voucher like myself!

http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_List.aspx?Profile=Euro&query=assassins+creed+2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yeah, really looking forward to this, mind you I might leave it and treat myself at Xmas - too many other titles out there which are also essential purchases (MW2 and L4D2). The first game I did enjoy, despite its shortcomings. They seem to have got it just right this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone know if this will be available with a console bundle? I'm in the market now that my 4 y/o launchy got the RRoD :mad:

I placed my order waaaaay back in June:
    and today it's showing up as "Packing", so doubtful that I'll have it on Friday, but should have it next week at least.

:( Have fun on Friday guys :(

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this will be available with a console bundle? I'm in the market now that my 4 y/o launchy got the RRoD :mad:

From reading through some of the other posts on here it seems HMV can be quite flexible with their bundles.

I THINK they have an Elite + Forza 3 and MW2 bundle at the moment. Im sure they wouldn't mind swapping one of these two titles for AC2.

Just my thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Has anyoe got a price on buying in the shops?

also what are peoples thoughts on the game, I just watched a review and it looks amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Has anyoe got a price on buying in the shops?

also what are peoples thoughts on the game, I just watched a review and it looks amazing.

65euro for original and 90euro for black edition in gamestop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭OCD

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Has anyoe got a price on buying in the shops?....

plus, is there any word on the street that tesco will be selling a limited stock cheaply like they do with fifa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

65euro for original and 90euro for black edition in gamestop...

39 for me cause i traded in the piece of poo that was OP:2

Soby wrote: »
    39 for me cause i traded in the piece of poo that was OP:2

The Black Edition on 360 cost me €20, I preordered it in September.

I took a look through Gamestops pre-order trade in list and found the games from that list on line either on Play.com or Ebay.

I spent about €100 on crap games, Sean White Snowboarding, The Munchables etc...

I then went to Gamestop and Pre-ordered.

Modern Warfare 2
    Assassins Creed Black Edition
    FIFA 10
    GTA 4 Episodes from Liberty City.

All for €100 not bad at all.

Mine has been dispatched today from Play, so should get it early next week. Not too bad I guess, but nowhere near as nice as having it to play tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

How much in Xtravision for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Argh, those Smyths prices are so low, White Edition is lower than what most stores near me will be selling the basic at.....but I wants to play it tomorrow instead of waiting till next week :(

I hate decisons like this.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Did I hear right that this is going to be €40 all weekend in Smyths? If so I have to pick it up!

Moiph wrote: »
    Did I hear right that this is going to be €40 all weekend in Smyths? If so I have to pick it up!

That's what the ad on the radio is saying!

What exactly does the White Edition have that the Black Edition doesn't? Some googling suggests there's two extra missions in the black edition but then further googling says both editions have the same DLC. I'm confussed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The statues are slightly different. Ezio has a different cloak in each one.

Advertisement