Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassins Creed 2 Pre Order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Sold! now for a horrible day in work Saturday looking at my copy waiting to buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

A figurine i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The White Edition contains the game, the white statue of Ezio and one bonus mission in Venice.

The Black Edition contains the game, the black statue of Ezio, hardback Conspiracy Book containing concept art etc, a bonus making of DVD and soundtrack and three exclusive missions including the one from the White Edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Just got the black one in gamestop for 65 euro in Kilkenny good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

gizmo wrote: »
    The White Edition contains the game, the white statue of Ezio and one bonus mission in Venice.

The Black Edition contains the game, the black statue of Ezio, hardback Conspiracy Book containing concept art etc, a bonus making of DVD and soundtrack and three exclusive missions including the one from the White Edition.

Yeah that's what I've found online for the most part too, think I'll settle for the White Edition!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

cmpunk wrote: »
    Just got the black one in gamestop for 65 euro in Kilkenny good deal

Yea that's a very good price my stupid gamestop aren't selling it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

White Edition: Ezio statuette and Santa Maria de Frari bonus mission.
    assassins_creed_ii_4483.jpg

Black Edition: Ezio Master Assassin statuette, Bonus DVD and soundtrack, Conspiracy book, Collector box (folds out with panorama), and Palazzo Medici, Santa Maria de Frari and Arsenal Shipyard bonus missions.
    assassins-creed-2-black-edition-goodies-8134.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Got the black edition last night, VERY impressed with the game. The story line is as epic as the last even better, the gameplay is so fluid, new weapons , new movements. The city is unbelieveably realistic, sometimes I felt I was actually in the game. Anyone who was considering getting this it is a must have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds great, just wishing I'd gone and ordered from GameStop rather than Play.com now :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

picked it up this morning in smyths for €42, cant wait to get home and give it a whirl. Stupid college reports holding me back!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Can anyone confirm the Black edition is €65 in Gamestop,I have phoned one store who said €90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

It's €90 mate, thats what I paid for it in gamestop..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Should I rent or buy this? Will I clear it in a week? local xtra vision only have the ordinary edition for 49.99, no black or white edition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Are smyths giving the white one for €50? According to the website they are, just dont know if its a mistake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Id print out that page an walk into the store with it. Nothing they can do then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

A friend of mine picked up the White Edition in Smyths for €50 this morning, I'd say go quick before they're gone. They're selling the normal version for €40 all weekend though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

What are smyhts like with trading in games? Good value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Got the black edition last night, VERY impressed with the game. The story line is as epic as the last even better, the gameplay is so fluid, new weapons , new movements. The city is unbelieveably realistic, sometimes I felt I was actually in the game. Anyone who was considering getting this it is a must have.

the start of it is the most boring hours worth of gaming i think ive ever come across though, that could put people off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Any worse than the intro to games like GTA4 (drive Roman around a bit) or the tutorials in every FPS out there?? What about Half-Life 1, you just stand and walk for about 15 minutes :D

Once you get passed that, the game REALLY opens up. Loving the story, especially what the video "The Truth" is revealling (the one you get for finding the mysterious symbols on walls)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Didn't even know there was a Second Assassins Creed out :eek:

I must go and get it over the weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭inFamouxe

does anyone know how much is the black edition and standard one on gamestop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

inFamouxe wrote: »
    does anyone know how much is the black edition and standard one on gamestop?

€40 for the standard, €85(!) for the Black Edition. I think you need to have pre-ordered to get the Black Edition though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭inFamouxe

Mr. K wrote: »
    €40 for the standard, €85(!) for the Black Edition. I think you need to have pre-ordered to get the Black Edition though.

Might pick up the standard edition tomorrow instead thanks MR. K! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Helix wrote: »
    the start of it is the most boring hours worth of gaming i think ive ever come across though, that could put people off

I've just spent an hour playing it and first impressions aren't great at all. Most striking is the character models - they're fecking terrible, I haven't played the first game since it was released but I don't remember them being this bad. First location is a lot less interesting and visually exciting than AC1. Hopefully things dramatically take off.

I've just spent an hour playing it and first impressions aren't great at all. Most striking is the character models - they're fecking terrible, I haven't played the first game since it was released but I don't remember them being this bad. First location is a lot less interesting and visually exciting than AC1. Hopefully things dramatically take off.

it improves a lot tbf

but the beginning is absolutely disgraceful

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Any worse than the intro to games like GTA4

yes

lol

Well picked up the white one in smyths for 50 euro. Never understood the whole thing about special edition's, still dont think they can justify €90+ for these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Couldn't get the white edition with the figure. Had to have pre ordered it apparently. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

38e in harvey normans

• Advertisement

Futurism wrote: »
    Couldn't get the white edition with the figure. Had to have pre ordered it apparently. :(

I did not pre order mine and got it this morning in blanch?

Advertisement