Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassins Creed 2 Pre Order

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭inFamouxe

Got this game atlast! and im loving it so far, but i really can't stand looking at some faces but everything is way way better than the first! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Is there any actual point in getting the white or black versions? Like, all I want is to play the game, not have little figurines etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daveryan42

loving the ezio figure that i got with the game (black edtion) so im going threw the net to try and buy the altair figure, found one on play.com. anyone else think its the same figure that you get with the orignal special edtion?????, gonna confirm with play.com if it comes with a stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The Black version comes with 3 bonus missions in the game (you get 3 codes to enter on the main menu (I think), while the White only has 1 of those missions.

I think its only some extra florins and a bit of backstory in them, nothing gamebreaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I got the altair figure around the time the game came out, i got it on ebay for 30 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

Don't forget the two figures are made to two different scales. Altair is 12 inch whilst Ezio is only about 8 inch. Slightly disappointing but the game rocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Im picking this up during the week. Im hoping to get the white edition.
    can anyone tell me the best place to get it, the cheapest place?

Smyths had it on thier website yesterday for €50, but now its 65. Are there any places doing it cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

The Smyths deal was for the opening weekend only, most other places seem to be doing the Black Edition, roughly in the €80 or €90 neighbourhood. Standard edition is €50 in Smyths now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ok enough about the versions (bizzare decision IMO) but is the game any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yes, the game is very good. It irons out pretty much all of the first game's (many) flaws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PoliteSquirrel

I ordered the black edition from play.com, it was dispatched on the 19th and it still hasn't arrived! I live in Dublin, does anyone else have the same problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Play.com has gotten slower with delivery in the last year I'd say - it could easily take well over a week until you receive the package I'm afraid and they won't do anything at all until 21 days (I think) have passed since dispatch...

Thats very annoying. I don't see why they have to take so long to deliver. I order from amazon.co.uk and they deliver to Ireland within days, Play.com need to step up their game.

I hope it wont take a week, because i pre-ordered this back in july i think.

I ordered the Star Trek Blu-Ray from Play.com recently. It came out on the Monday and arrived with me on the Wednesday. By that logic, it shouldn't take a whole week for your copies of AC2 to arrive.

Thats good to hear. Hopefully an post wont go on strike as well!
    Thanks for your help: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I ordered the black edition from play.com, it was dispatched on the 19th and it still hasn't arrived! I live in Dublin, does anyone else have the same problem?
    Mine was dispatched on the 19th too, and still haven't got it either!
    Thats very annoying. I don't see why they have to take so long to deliver. I order from amazon.co.uk and they deliver to Ireland within days, Play.com need to step up their game.

I hope it wont take a week, because i pre-ordered this back in july i think.
    Pre-ordered my own in June! I think the problem is that because Play don't charge for postage that they use the cheapest possible option, so it takes longer to reach here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

Mine was posted on the 18th from play. Guess what, still not here -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

xeni wrote: »
    Mine was posted on the 18th from play. Guess what, still not here -_-

Mine is the same, posted on 18/11 and still haven't received it. Is there anyway around waiting 21 days to complain about it to them?

I remember my friends ordering Age of Conan from Play.com and they were late. Their packages were sent to Hungary first and took about 2 weeks to be delivered!

I won't order from Play again.

(Thank God MW2 is out otherwise I would go really mad)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Mr. K wrote: »
    Yes, the game is very good. It irons out pretty much all of the first game's (many) flaws.

Ah good.
    I thought it might be a bit same old, same old.
    I shall buy it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Mine was dispatched on the 19th too, and still haven't got it either!

Pre-ordered my own in June! I think the problem is that because Play don't charge for postage that they use the cheapest possible option, so it takes longer to reach here.

Order from amazon.co.uk. They don't charge shipping to Irealnd for orders over £25, they let you buy in sterling and their shipping rates are twice as fast as play.com. Sendit.com are also good but shipping times would be slightly longer than amazon.

Play.com were great in the day but that day is long gone. Wouldn't buy a thing from them anymore.

• Advertisement

Vyse wrote: »
    Order from amazon.co.uk. They don't charge shipping to Irealnd for orders over £25, they let you buy in sterling and their shipping rates are twice as fast as play.com. Sendit.com are also good but shipping times would be slightly longer than amazon.

Play.com were great in the day but that day is long gone. Wouldn't buy a thing from them anymore.

Yeah but none of those sites had the black edition. And I'm geek enough about AC to want it. :o

Ha i'm exactly the same, once i heard about the black edition i had to have it. I ordered GTA4 from Play.com before and it took about 3 weeks. Whats more it was broken and i had to send it back and get them to send it again

Yeah but none of those sites had the black edition. And I'm geek enough about AC to want it. :o

X2

Only reason I ordered from them!

*shakes fist at Play in case mine hasn't arrived while I'm in work*

Sooo, I got my movies I ordered from play that were sent on 20th but not AC2.... Awesome, just awesome :(

Everyone boycott Play.com!

my xbox live gamertag is Politesquirrel if anyone wants to play some MW2 :D

Package arrived today! Haven't had a chance to open it yet but assume it's my black addition.

Pre ordered in August and it arrived 9 days after launch! Any1 pick up Assassins Creed 3 yet??

Guess we all know now not to preorder stuff at play in the future :P

Ok now I'm really going to be disappointed if I get home and it's not there today. Was already disappointed on Tuesday when I was told a huge parcel had arrived for me, and I thought it was the game, but rather it was the shaving creams that I'd ordered :( (Which are actually really nice)

• Advertisement

it was the shaving creams that I'd ordered :( (Which are actually really nice)

Nice...but not AC2! I hope yours comes today. Hunger is a good sauce though!

Advertisement