Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assassins Creed 2 Pre Order

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Hey dudes. Anybody know the cheapest bricks and mortar shop to get this in? Just the regular edition would be fine. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Still no assassinating fun for me :( maybe tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Despite hating the first (incredibly tedious) hour, I'm glad to confirm other posters experiences that the game really takes off after that wobbly introduction. I'm totally hooked. I can't wait to get back home so I can continue to upgrade the villa. There's so much to that it makes the first game look like a proof of concept/technology demo. Ubisoft have to be applauded for addressing all the problems of the first game. I still prefer Altair's world but it's an empty vessel compared to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

Good to hear that. First one got me bored at around the half of the game (still finished it but it was a drag...).

On a side note, still no package from play, yay.... not :mad:

Finally got mine yesterday! So glad ii went for the Black edition, as master assassin Ezio looks badass :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

thinking of getting this but never played assassins creed 1? should i play throught that first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

thinking of getting this but never played assassins creed 1? should i play throught that first?

the game would make more sense if you did play the first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Guys to me this is the game of the year on xbox got 1000/1000 gamer points in it best game of the year for me why bitter then mw2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

Finally got mine yesterday! So glad ii went for the Black edition, as master assassin Ezio looks badass :D

I'm still waiting :(

And it's nice to hear so many people like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

How much is everybody paying for the game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

Man this game is a bit of a time sink isn't it? I've only just got to Venice (which I believe makes up half of the game) and I've already put 15 or so hours into it. Still have loads to do in the previous locations too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

its a great game, but the story is very short, finished it in 12 or so hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I finished it yesterday, good stuff. Not sure how it took though...it held me hynotised for most of the week!

Mr. K wrote: »
    I finished it yesterday, good stuff. Not sure how it took though...it held me hynotised for most of the week!

The first game was a chore to finish but this one is like crack. Was up till 4 this morning playing it, something I haven't done in over five or six years. Hats off to Ubisoft because this is a massive step up from the original. The ending of AC1 was odd but this is one's a complete WTF. I have to say I enjoyed it more than the fantastic Batman:AA, I'm thinking it's my single player game of the year. Wasn't even going to bother with this initially, my reaction to it's release was a complete meh, only for the fact that there was nothing else to rent I'd have skipped it completely. Very tempted to buy it just to 100% it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

can anypne tell me
    what do i do with glyphs? in the second city, there is a barcode on the building, what do i do? if it does anything at all?

Thanks all.

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    can anypne tell me
    what do i do with glyphs? in the second city, there is a barcode on the building, what do i do? if it does anything at all?

Thanks all.

Use eagle vision to unlock the puzzles.

yeah i used egale vision on it, seen it in red, and nothing was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

You have to be right up beside it and looking at it with Eagle vission and it automatically starts the puzzle.

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    can anypne tell me

Thanks all.

For that particular one, it wouldn't work when I was hanging under it, I had to be hanging from the ledge above/to the the right of the glyph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I couldn't get the glyph on the house either, until I hung right beside it. It was the last one I got!

• Advertisement

Got it last night. Cheers people. was driving me nuts.

Also
    when all the statues are collected, the sanctuary apears on the map, but I have no idea how to open it. I figure its part of the later story, Am I right or am i missing something?

Im full of questions:o!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Is this worth getting? I'm gonna trade in a few games in a few days and slightly tempted as I've just finished Batman: AA, need to keep my single player fix going a while. Has it actually fixed those problems the first had, was very disappointed with the original

Is this worth getting? I'm gonna trade in a few games in a few days and slightly tempted as I've just finished Batman: AA, need to keep my single player fix going a while. Has it actually fixed those problems the first had, was very disappointed with the original

Definitely, read my previous posts. It's my single player game of the year, even with me being a Batman nut and very fond of Batman:AA. First hour is crushingly boring though, but once it takes off it, AC2 gets a hold of you and becomes impossible to put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

2 lot's of DLC on the way for this "Battle of Forli," and "Bonfire of the Vanities"
    due in January and February. Oh to trade or not to trade it now :confused:

Makes sense though as it was blatantly obvious there would be dlc as there was more than one area under used in the main game.

Like that chic
    in forli you rescue from the water in the boat, I was expecting a story arc around here but none happened :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 winnow

Amazon.co.uk & free delivery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

It's a good game - no doubt but there's room for improvement. Parts of it are extremely boring and can't be skipped esp the start. Also it becomes a little repetitive , There's some nice touches but I find Im just trying to get through the missions now without actually enjoying them.

Graphics - 8

Gameplay - 8

Story - 7

Variety - 6.5

Lastability - 6.5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Trapattoni wrote: »
    It's a good game - no doubt but there's room for improvement. Parts of it are extremely boring and can't be skipped esp the start. Also it becomes a little repetitive , There's some nice touches but I find Im just trying to get through the missions now without actually enjoying them.

Graphics - 8

Gameplay - 8

Story - 7

Variety - 6.5

Lastability - 6.5?

I think you're more or less right there. There's something different about this game. It's just a lot more enjoyable than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jordanator

i couldnt get a copy of black edition...does somebody have 1 to sell?hopefully sealed...im desperate 4 1....ill pay 135euros 4 a new 1...please!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jordanator

im not allowed to get off ebay:(Anybody selling one cheap?i wouldnt mind a second hand one...just good condition...if any1 sees an offer around dublin can you post it?thanks

• Advertisement

I'd doubt you'd get one easily to be honest, as they were limited edition, and were really only ordered by those that really wanted the game and figurine...

Advertisement