Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creamed Corn

Options
  • 10-11-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

So myself and the OH are just back from the most amazing holiday on the west coast of America and while in San Diego we had creamed corn which was YUMMY!! :D

My OH graduates this week and i want to make him a nice din-dins for it at the weekend.

Anyone have any recipies for creamed corn i could use?

(also...can you buy pulled pork over here?)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'm almost sure this is the recipe, I'll check when I get home. It's a hybrid of the Avoca sweetcorn chowder.

Cook 2 ears of FRESH (this really makes a difference) - and cut the corn kernels off. Blacken 1 red pepper & peel the skin off.

Fry 1 finely diced onion and slowly fry in butter until softened. Add the corn and fry for another few mins. Add flour & cook for two mins. Add about 300 mls of liquid - milk/stock, not too much it has to be kinda porridgey consistency. I just use milk. Season & and I also add nutmeg. Add in the red pepper.

Cook for about 20 mins, and then I use a hand blender and blend up some of it, leaving some of it chunky and some of it gooey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Pulled pork is just pork that has been cooked very slowly until it's literally falling apart, then pulled apart with a fork, so yes, you can buy it in every butcher in the country... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I made a mexican version of pulled pork this weekend, lord god it's tasty. Maybe something like this recipe (but without the mexican spices if you aren't feelin' em) would work

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2007/09/carnitas.html

Ooh, or there's a pulled pork recipe here also

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/pulledporkwithsausag_88807.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Pulled pork is just pork that has been cooked very slowly until it's literally falling apart, then pulled apart with a fork, so yes, you can buy it in every butcher in the country... :rolleyes:

What would i know...I haven't eaten meat in 13years!! But thanks...that makes sense!

Cheers for the recipies olaola and MissFlitworth...I'll give 'em a shot!!

Advertisement