Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Players of Each Character?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think me and Azza need a Dan off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

V-Deck is definitely the best Rufus I've played.

A-Trak is the best Honda.

Personally I think Xinkai has a better Sakura than Ryu.

I'm the best at losing to flowchart Kens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No offence to Jim (Who's drastically upped his game recently, actually scrapped the way he plays and rebuilt it again,) Cobelcog is an astounding Cammy player (As well as Rufus.)

His pressure game is unreal, I literally had no answer for it!
    Will be a real contender at future tournaments.

And I must play Bush's Honda, (Although I reckon he'd better me, he really has the charge characters down.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Who was that guy with the long blonde hair at one of the meets a while ago, I'd say about a month or more ago? Dunno if he even posts on here but he was the best Zangief I've played against. The sheer number of SPDs he used was obscene.

Creature wrote: »
    Who was that guy with the long blonde hair at one of the meets a while ago, I'd say about a month or more ago? Dunno if he even posts on here but he was the best Zangief I've played against. The sheer number of SPDs he used was obscene.

That was BrettGuerwitz/Fender Master.

He admitted himself that Dreddy was a better Gief player and he learned a lot from him.

He did have a funny way of using a PS2 pad though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I thought it was Icarian I played against then? Confused about names anyway but definitely the chap with long blonde hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think me and Azza need a Dan off.

'Cunny-funt says My dan wape evawee dan in japan and taunts them, who awe you?'

We should do another dan tourney. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH, I wouldn't even rate my Abel highly -- I make tons of mistakes, attempt to bait too much, and don't know much mix-up.

Gonna be switching to Akuma, guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Give me a shout if you want some mirror matches. Foamy refuses to get the PC version :pac: but at least you're on the PS3. Nothing like a good Akuma mirror to help iron out the bad habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sagat06 wrote: »

The argument for Azza or Blag is a good one, I think Azza is more match up specific whereas Blag has a great fundamental understanding!!

Six months ago I would have said Blag no question but now I wouldn't be so sure. Blag plays Super turbo alot too and I thinks its his fave :p He kind of divides his time between them from what I understand. And Azza doesn't miss his links anymore....and he is scary when he backs you into a corner because of it. He also has very good matchup experience with nearly all the cast.

Hard to say until the next big tourney they both show up at. Could be interesting. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kirby wrote: »
    Six months ago I would have said Blag no question but now I wouldn't be so sure. Blag plays Super turbo alot too and I thinks its his fave :p He kind of divides his time between them from what I understand. And Azza doesn't miss his links anymore....and he is scary when he backs you into a corner because of it. He also has very good matchup experience with nearly all the cast.

Hard to say until the next big tourney they both show up at. Could be interesting. :D

I think Azza's style is evolving to match SF4, Blag's rushdownitude might slow him down. I'd like to see the two in a good series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm the best alex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Azza wrote: »
    E.Honda=Bush

:eek:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

One day, I will come to a meet up, I will perform averagely, and I will be talked about in this thread! Huzzah!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I thought it was Icarian I played against then? Confused about names anyway but definitely the chap with long blonde hair.

Same bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ah, the joys of being the only Sagat player! This was my plan all along :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Same bloke.

Cool - good Gief anyway, enjoyable set of mirrors I got with him!

animaX wrote: »
    Ah, the joys of being the only Sagat player! This was my plan all along :P

Ditto!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Would say that my bro is the best Ken I've ever played, online or off.

He's unky chop chop on live! Ken B has ran into him a few times in G1 and would agree.

I hope to drag him to the next tourney.

Sweet its always nice to see an actual top class ken as they're rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Is that right? You better be at the next casual then :P.. only Irish Akuma I've played is Lem~ so far

Ment to play Lep's~ Akuma, But I heard hes finding the demon a tad bit hard and conflustering...

Would be nice to play more akuma's than ones that just jump back fireball etc flow chart stuff haha

As for the thread I wouldn't know the names of you peeps that well to say who is the best at which character.. But I think the first post I would say is accurate :P

Actually Kirb if your on xbox add me, we will have a game or 5 later :P

A-Trak wrote: »
    Would say that my bro is the best Ken I've ever played, online or off.

He's unky chop chop on live! Ken B has ran into him a few times in G1 and would agree.

I hope to drag him to the next tourney.

I haven't played ken b or your bro yet.

Seriously the way they've been built up they better murderise me to death or I will be very disappointed :D

@ kiki & L31mr0d:

I play a bit of akuma, but I've a bit of a love hate thing going on, I'll either rape people with him or get raped... damn you akuma... damn you.. lol.

So yeah if yeas wanna mirror hit me up (kiki on ps3, L31mr0d on PC)

@ Foamy, I enjoy facing good akumas, but I've yet to properly play you cause A your on the 360 and B you play with a 360 pad which means currently the only real way for us to have a proper game would be on the PC version.

Shame you missed the lan party tourney.

@ rope, I'll play some akuma with yea next time we play, but as far as I remember he was a walk over for you. Where as my cammy had it easy, this is why I'm never sure which is better, my cammy or my akuma, I've far more time on akuma and knowledge of his game but I seem to do better with cammy.

I reckon its just the usual 'more people know how to deal with akuma V cammy' story.

Im getting the PC version... along with a wired pad soon... Just gotta see how well it runs on the machine then ill start inviting you guys to play :P

****in sweet man, you can download a 300mb SFIV benchmark thing that tests it on your system. Yay! more PC people!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i will also be on pc hopefully soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Aww more PC people come along just as it stops working for me. Lame :(

RopeDrink wrote: »
    It depends on the Akuma / Cammy. I played the above Akuma in 3xGames and it was 1-3 to me, got absolutely destroyed in the first game because a) Aggressive Akuma in a Boxer's face is always a big suprised and b) I'm rusty as f00kin hell at the moment, badly.

Cammy I don't struggle with unless they're really smart and mess me up with mixups using my low reaction time. Either way I can afford a few mistakes and if I catch that person out, then I'm going to get paid. Cammy's one I've not fought much against outside of Championship Mode so I'll struggle a little more with her than Akuma by default, seeing as everyone and their grandmothers toyboys ex-girlfriend plays that evil weaksauce git.

It's funny. A Sagat/Ryu/Akuma player needs to be 20% better than any other other character for them to actually be "good" because everyone is so used to the match up.

I love seeing Akumas, ex booms nearly always beat red hados and air fireballs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Fix your game Ceature darn it!

I don't really agree with what you say SDoom

There the 3 best characters in the game but Akuma has a higher learning curve than Ryu or Sagat. He has the best toolset bar Seth but he requires you play almost perfect as he is punished so hard for mistakes.

I think if you roughly even in skill with a Ryu player you will never get dominated or never dominate him.

Sagat does not require you to be 20% better than your opponent to be good with him, I don't care how use to the match you are your not going have an easy time against Sagat once you come up against someone who remotely knows what they are doing with him.

Outside of indvidual bad match up for characters think the hardest match ups are Zangief and Blanka. I reckon these are the ultimate scrub killers. You need to know what you doing against them or you will get owned.

Advertisement