Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Players of Each Character?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Is there anyone here I *haven't* played that has GFWLive?

It's somewhat depressing to know I've only had the chance to fight about 4-5 Irish Players.

Me. We tried to have a game before but for some reason it didn't work out. We should try again sometime.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    TBH, I wouldn't even rate my Abel highly -- I make tons of mistakes, attempt to bait too much, and don't know much mix-up.

Gonna be switching to Akuma, guys. :)

hummmmm........ Wakkers. Good fun to play but his health is just too abismal for any serious matches..... Although in saying that, I am probably just crap with him =p

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

You're a Boxer player I take it - Boxer Mirror Match... *shudder* ;)
    Yeah, I'm always looking to get paid. Don't worry though, I'm nothing to write about, still plenty to learn and work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Yeah, I'm always looking to get paid. Don't worry though, I'm nothing to write about, still plenty to learn and work on.

But having said that I'd still rate you pretty highly.Definately the best Boxer I've played in tourneys/casuals.

You seem to be getting better every week and twas you who stopped the Cobelcog onslaught first on Saturday:pac:

you up for some now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

blag is on the pc version?

Sure, no problem. There were a few decent matches in there.

At times I thought I was making progress....winning three in a row etc. Then I would lose five in a row and be uber frustrated. The variety in his turn punches and EX punches are so bewildering. You can throw them on reaction....but only from certain distances. You get it wrong and you are in trouble.

Balrog jump ins are very annoying for sim aswell but I started to learn. I was trip gaurding a fair few of them by making sims hit box small with down + MP and Down + FP. Like the way Fei long makes himself small with his Down + MK. It works quite well, but only from certain distances.

Its definately my worst matchup and one that I need more practice on.

I'm sure there is. They probably just don't know about boards and therefore don't come to the casuals and tourneys either in XGC or in the North.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I would main Sim, except he is too overpowered. Up Blast and Yoga Drills are too good and Yoga Tower is just Sagat x4. He is also way too fast. Infact he should not be allowed move.

He is totally unrealistic too, I mean shooting fire from your mouth and having stretchy limbs ruins the credibility of the game.

Capcom should seriously consider removing him from SSF IV, he's clearly 10-0 against the entire cast of characters.

No doubt everyone here will agree with this post, even the over powered Guile players. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    I would main Sim, except he is too overpowered. Up Blast and Yoga Drills are too good and Yoga Tower is just Sagat x4. He is also way too fast. Infact he should not be allowed move.

He is totally unrealistic too, I mean shooting fire from your mouth and having stretchy limbs ruins the credibility of the game.

Capcom should seriously consider removing him from SSF IV, he's clearly 10-0 against the entire cast of characters.

No doubt everyone here will agree with this post, even the over powered Guile players. :rolleyes:

I hear the yoga flame has 600 damage.

• Advertisement

And his judo chop does 500 and is a knockdown! :p

Kirby used a Yoga Mummy on me and it was instant stun - I spent the next 29 games against him crying for nerfs :(

PS. Movies compressing at the moment - 4xInc and should be uploaded in about 30+ Mins. Starts off really basic then goes off into a 'who can nuke the other person down first!' session - Amusing stuff ;)

Have to get some Kirby vs me and Kirby vs Dreddy matches. Always good fun :)

Well I let the movies upload while I went off to watch a movie - Now I have to re-upload them thanks to my lovely hater-fanbase downrating them the moment they got uploaded.

Got to love people like that. Will post links on re-upload - May seem silly but I won't be beaten down by random unknown jealous children hiding behind teh int4rw3bz.

Sorry what? Someone gave your vid 1 star so you take it down and re-upload them all over again!? You've got a hater base?

I mean wtf do the stars even matter man? If it helps, tell us next time and we'll give it 5 stars.. but even so. They're... stars... and ... its ...youtube like. That's just the way it is.

:confused:

To me, you going to the effort of taking them down and re-uploading them all over again is getting "beat down" by said internet kids.

Do you filter comments and stuff too? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭AggressiveWorm

wat kind a loser talk is this...

oi! less of that, I asked him a question and he answered it.

@Rope, So these are actually subscribers of yours giving 1 star as its not a wow vid, heh.
    I see yeah those wow heads just won't let you go with out a fight eh?

Feckin eejits.

I still wouldn't worry too much about the ratings, they are pretty much meaningless. I don't think people will click on a vid and see the rating and then turn it off, if what they see interests them they'll watch it.

Theres always gonna be haters, just gotta ignore the fools, the bigger your channel gets the less your gonna be able to manage them and the more of them you'll get.

There's a lot of head wrecking 13 year old american kids on youtube... its a sorry state of affairs.

wat kind a loser talk is this...

Warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

None of it takes more than a few mins and if it gives a little two finger salute to the haters along the way, why the hell not ;)

Funny thing about it though is that you are giving them exactly what they want, a reaction, and by taking the video down and re-uploading it you are saying to them "Yeah your rating does affect me and I don't like it, your actions are important enough to me that I have to act to protect myself against them."

Would never give trolls on the internet the pleasure of showing them they could evoke a reaction from me. If someone gives me a bad rating I don't even notice.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ropey, just put up a video with "Indestructible" blaring, while text explains that you're never, ever gonna make another WoW vid.
    It'll be downvoted like f*ck, but OH GOD THE DRAMA :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That would be indeed be awesome! 5 stars from me anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Actually yea, that comes to mind do you guys think there will be a new theme song? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Actually yea, that comes to mind do you guys think there will be a new theme song? :P

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they got rid of it for Super

Yep Ono said its gone.

Aaaaw, I was just starting to learn it in Japanese :(

If they have any sense, they will use any number of the proper Street Fighter theme tunes. No more J-pop please. The music in this franchise is excellent....lets hear some of that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I hope for something something thats not j-pop and im happy!

I hope for something something thats not j-pop and im happy!

Be careful, that includes jazz, and most people are pretty sure they don't want to be taken for any more rides, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Make "The Touch" the theme song please!

Make "The Touch" the theme song please!

I'd never want to leave the option screen though...

• Advertisement

Be careful, that includes jazz, and most people are pretty sure they don't want to be taken for any more rides, thank you very much.
    People don't like being taken for a ride? Are you kidding me?! :eek:

Advertisement