Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Template Thread (Image heavy)

Options
  • 10-11-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

So I thought I'd start one off, a few of mine :)

BlankaDraft1.jpg

FeiLong1.jpg

RyuSagat2.jpg

SagatClean35.jpg

DoomStick2.jpg

Let me know what you think, but be gentle :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Class templates man, better than 90% of what I see get put on sticks on SRK!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Im planning on using the family man, just so you know, for my SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Work away man, there is no copywriting going on in here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

You got some skillz man, nice stuff.

A couple more.

The original concept for the Sagat above

SagatClean2.jpg

Even though I hate the bendy fecker!

Sim1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Are you using PS for the layers Sagat?

No, I use GIMP. None of the templates are too complex so its perfect for the job!

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Ah right, yeah I'd just watch out for mixing up different art styles.

btw on the subject of stages, I remember coming across these images, I dunno if someone could so something with them for a stick or not though :

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/201/e/d/SF_2_stages__E_Honda_by_sith_x.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/225/9/1/SF_2_stages__Sagat_by_sith_x.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs47/f/2009/173/8/5/Guile_Stage_by_sith_x.jpg

you might like this btw terry : http://www.dcorti.com/TETemplates/Ryu%20SF3%20holes.jpg

**edit** from : http://www.dcorti.com/TETemplates/

From modded stick thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Animax.jpg

Vewlix for Animax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Placebo wrote: »

That Blanka one is sexy as hell! If I had the motivation I'd totally do that to my TE.

That Blanka one is sexy as hell! If I had the motivation I'd totally do that to my TE.

You really should go for it, changing the artwork on a TE is painfully easy!

another quiet day in work

Sf4Kids.jpg

Sagat06 wrote: »
    You really should go for it, changing the artwork on a TE is painfully easy!

another quiet day in work

Sf4Kids.jpg

That'd look awesome on Kiki's SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

For my first stick I was originally playing around with
    finalcopy.jpg
    but eventually went with
    alt-final-movelist-nocutCcopy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That'd look awesome on Kiki's SE.
    It's too fussy - I don't like it. Keeping my loli w/flamingos :)
    527cff6cfebd5de37f15abee78c975b9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

animaX wrote: »
    For my first stick I was originally playing around with
    finalcopy.jpg
    but eventually went with
    alt-final-movelist-nocutCcopy.jpg

You gotta tell me where you got the artwork for that first image as I'd love to see this artist's other work :)

I'm currently working on a template and I have plans on making 5 or 6 others. I'll try and post them all up in the next couple days depending on how much time I have.

I found that Sanwa's "dark blue" looks kinda purple-ish -- I'll bring a balltop on Sat to show you what I mean.

Its alright, my mistake :). I had a look at the screens of the ball top on lizardlick and I think I mistaken the dark blue for violet. Violet's perfect :)

On a side note (sorry OP), is the Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK the same as the JLF-TP-8T? Like the 8YT was given a different name because its from the TE stick. If it isn't, can I still use it easily if I'm making a stick? As it was noted on LizardLick that its designed as a drop in replacement for the SE.

finalcopy.jpg

That with an led mod inside
    LB39-Orange.jpg

• Advertisement

Leprekaun wrote: »
    You gotta tell me where you got the artwork for that first image as I'd love to see this artist's other work :)

I think i got it here. Looks like thats all he's done though. You should search that site for other images, it has a lot of good stuff

Leprekaun wrote: »
    On a side note (sorry OP), is the Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK the same as the JLF-TP-8T? Like the 8YT was given a different name because its from the TE stick. If it isn't, can I still use it easily if I'm making a stick? As it was noted on LizardLick that its designed as a drop in replacement for the SE.
    Can't find JLF-TP-8T on Akihabarashop.jp, but I wouldn't worry -- all you need to know about are:
    • Does it come with a shaft cover?
    • Does it come with a mounting plate?
    • If yes, which mounting plate does it use?
    Most of the designations are for arcade owners to specify whether the sticks come out-the-box with the 5-pin connector facing up or out.

And don't forget your 5-pin connector! (Buy Seimitsu, cheaper!)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's too fussy

Kiki my man you have seen nothing of fussy!!

DanvsSean.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

95933.jpg

Great idea leimrod, I was racking my brain trying to think what to do with that pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

95990.jpg

95991.jpg

Just did some mockups to see how the vewlix style would look on the SE, gotta say it looks nice (I'll still need white buttons for it though). The alignment isn't perfect but I'm not bothered fixing it now. Also, the black buttons would be gone on my final version
    SFIVSEMockUpcopy.jpg

I also toyed with the idea of adding an arcade style character list on the slanted part of the SE, but I think it clutters it a but too much (overkill :pac:)
    SFIVSEMockUpcopy2.jpg

I also toyed with the idea of adding an arcade style character list on the slanted part of the SE, but I think it clutters it a but too much (overkill :pac:)
    SFIVSEMockUpcopy2.jpg

I see your mistake there, you just need one huge Sagat one. Would clear it up no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

Did you do the mock ups with Photoshop? I've only got Gimp so the Photoshop actions that come with those files don't work. Any one able to help?

• Advertisement

Did you do the mock ups with Photoshop? I've only got Gimp so the Photoshop actions that come with those files don't work. Any one able to help?

Was that you posting on shoryuken?! Yeah, I'm using photoshop. If you want you can send me the file and I'll create the mockup?

Advertisement