Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Template Thread (Image heavy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Firstly buy yourself new buttons and a balltop from akihabara shop or from arcadeshop both are reputable. You want 30mm buttons for the top and 24mm for select and start.

Hit the guy up on SRK for the file, he will send you a psd or jpeg. You can get your pic printed in Reads on Nassau Street, I heard they will print it on a laminate for you. Cannot say for sure cos I've never seen it.

For the bezel you will need to buy a vinyl dye. Not sure about the green because you are going to want it to match your buttons. But the only place I know locally that sells it is Halfords, couldnt see a green dye but the black could probably do a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

threw this one together today. Don't know if I should add any text into it though. What do you think? *click for HD version*

98281.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

looks cool. You've made a few nice akuma ones at this stage, which one you reckon you gonna go for?

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    looks cool. You've made a few nice akuma ones at this stage, which one you reckon you gonna go for?

Probably going to go ahead with that one above and the blood splatter Akuma one. Problem with me is I get bored of the template after a day or 2 then start working on another one. I was also hoping that some SSFIV artwork for Akuma would get released. But no luck, here's what's out at the moment... if only I mained Dan :D

http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/sf4/ssf4/series1/

http://iplaywinner.com/super-street-fighter-4-artwork/super-street-fighter-4-character-artwork-png-files/

That Cammy one is nice though. Weird thing is Capcom haven't officially released it yet so I can't get the HD PSD version of it.

cammy.png?pictureId=3824987

62551cb417dd6efdfaf50f0285a5df46.gif

Just had to post this!

There is a guy on srk, d3v, does top quality templates but this one is the best I've ever seen him do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Sagat06 wrote: »
    snip
    Thats sexy!

Can't remember where I got the inspiration for these from :D

blankablackcarbonPS.jpg

boxerblackcarbon1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

4188639365_fe9724abff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    *snip*

Who owns that dreddy?

No clue, just saw the image linked somewhere. Thought it was absolutely hilarious. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Looks like someones kid did the art for a present and they kind of had to use it :pac:

Is that supposed to be honda in the top left?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

animaX wrote: »
    Just did some mockups to see how the vewlix style would look on the SE, gotta say it looks nice (I'll still need white buttons for it though). The alignment isn't perfect but I'm not bothered fixing it now. Also, the black buttons would be gone on my final version
    SFIVSEMockUpcopy.jpg

I also toyed with the idea of adding an arcade style character list on the slanted part of the SE, but I think it clutters it a but too much (overkill :pac:)
    SFIVSEMockUpcopy2.jpg

Yo whats the story with these mock up images I see, are people just photoshopping their images onto these sticks or is there some program or website that places your mock up template on top of the stick and lets you choose button colours etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Sisko wrote: »
    Yo whats the story with these mock up images I see, are people just photoshopping their images onto these sticks or is there some program or website that places your mock up template on top of the stick and lets you choose button colours etc?

It's photoshop.

Yep, its a photoshop file that pretty much does it for you. But i remember having a bit of trouble aligning it perfectly. I can send you a link if you like. Do you have photoshop?

yes I do indeed, please send the file :D n1 man.

(I have the actual cover template for the SE btw I just wanna see how it'll look with particular colour buttons etc. )

yes I do indeed, please send the file :D n1 man.

(I have the actual cover template for the SE btw I just wanna see how it'll look with particular colour buttons etc. )

Right, here it is http://www.mediafire.com/?20jzrmyjnvg

nice one

Decided to throw one together of Ibuki, c&c welcome. Click on it for the HD version.

107239.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey guys, just wondering what ye think of this skin. As usual, constructive criticism is welcome :) Or if it's shít, you can say that too :)

Here's the overhead

107687.jpg

And here's the mock-up. Click the image for a bigger version

107685.jpg

Haha, brilliant! It's so true because you do win purely by mashing buttons :D

Word of warning though, are you specifically trying to match the sunburst colours with the buttons colours? I find that when a template is printed, the colours are often slightly off (not exactly what they look like on a computer screen). Probably wouldn't be a big concern though.

How are you planning on putting the artwork on?

• Advertisement

Haha, brilliant! It's so true because you do win purely by mashing buttons :D
    When you're good at mashing, it's called piano-ing (apparantly :P)
    Word of warning though, are you specifically trying to match the sunburst colours with the buttons colours? I find that when a template is printed, the colours are often slightly off (not exactly what they look like on a computer screen). Probably wouldn't be a big concern though.
    Yeah I was trying to sort of play the buttons and stick against the background. Do you think I'd be better off going with black/white?
    How are you planning on putting the artwork on?
    Not a fecking clue, whatever way you did I guess! How did you get it printed off?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yeah I was trying to sort of play the buttons and stick against the background. Do you think I'd be better off going with black/white?

Not a fecking clue, whatever way you did I guess! How did you get it printed off?

Well, it probably won't be a big issue if you go for the yellow/red buttons. I remember that when I printed out my two pieces of artwork I was a bit surprised by the colour. It's to do with rgb colour vs cmyk colour. I was using black and white buttons so it was never an issue.

I used stickers from ebay. You can laminate them then cut the edges and peel off the backing. I actually covered the sticker using the same thing that your mother used to cover school books!

As for the printing, I just used a good colour printer in the DCU secretary's office. Reads in dublin wouldn't print on the sticker for me.

looking to print off my artwork too, there must be a better way no?

I actually covered the sticker using the same thing that your mother used to cover school books!.

Wallpaper from my kitchen ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Wallpaper from my kitchen ? :P

Youngsters these days don't know what a recession really is!

Also alternating between banana or jam sandwiches, maybe leftover Sunday meat on a Monday if we were lucky.

One last thing. Is it obvious enough that it's Honda in that shadow doing a headbutt? I'm a bit afraid people will be asking me what it is. What do ye think? No other suggestions from anyone else, obviously means that it's perfect :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Also alternating between banana or jam sandwiches, maybe leftover Sunday meat on a Monday if we were lucky.
    Lucky bastards. I had bread and butter every day, maybe a banana thrown into my bag once a week.
    One last thing. Is it obvious enough that it's Honda in that shadow doing a headbutt? I'm a bit afraid people will be asking me what it is. What do ye think? No other suggestions from anyone else, obviously means that it's perfect
    I was going to ask what that was. I thought it was supposed to be a mark worn in from where you leave your wrist =/

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    One last thing. Is it obvious enough that it's Honda in that shadow doing a headbutt? I'm a bit afraid people will be asking me what it is. What do ye think? No other suggestions from anyone else, obviously means that it's perfect :P

I didnt notice it was honda till you said it but I wasnt really looking. I think its fine.

I'd post my template but I wanna wait till I've my stick fully complete and then post a pic of the stick :D

Does anyone know if something like this would work for a template?

http://www.decalgirl.com/

I didnt notice it was honda till you said it but I wasnt really looking. I think its fine.
    I might mess around with the shadow a bit, add outlines of details of summit. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

I thought it was a dog poo :pac:

Advertisement