Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Template Thread (Image heavy)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Great... That's just what I was going for... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Okay well I just had an instant chat with keith on that decal girl website:
    Please wait for a site operator to respond. You are now chatting with 'Keith'
    Keith: Hi Conor, how can I help you this morning?
    Conor: Hi, I'm just wondering, would you guys make skins for arcade fight sticks?
    Keith: I can definintely add it to our suggested new device list
    Conor: Modding fightsticks with custom art is very common , seems the type of skins you guys do would work well
    Conor: For example here in Ireland theres no real way to get laminated art work printed off so it would stick to a fightstick
    Keith: I am sure you are right
    Conor: But I can't just send you guys my art for you to print off and send to me? Does it have to be for a device you already support?
    Conor: The artwork already comes with the holes for the buttons etc and layout marked, its pretty common for fight sticks thanks to a lot of people using the madcatz SE and TE fight sticks
    Keith: we can definitely print your artwork for you, it is just the artwork would have to be yours
    Conor: yeah it is
    Keith: but we would not be able to do it for the fight sticks at this time
    Conor: But you could send it to me so I could cut out the holes and stuff myself though?
    Conor: Like just an a4 sized sticker basically
    Conor: As long as the artwork is mine that is
    Keith: I am not sure what a4 sized stickers are...but we could do it in a netbook...or trim to fit laptop size
    Conor: A4 is the size of a standard piece of paper
    Conor: Paper size is named like, a4, a3 etc, a3 being bigger than a4
    Keith: oh ok...I just learned something new today
    Conor: I'm going to assume your in America, there may be a different naming system for paper sizes over there
    Keith: you are assuming correctly, we are here in the states
    Conor: But over here anyway A4 is the name of the size of paper you would use in a printer etc etc
    Conor: Okay but either way you are saying I would still have to order one of your templates , like a ps3 or something with my own artwork, I can't just say "heres the artwork and size" etc and get that printed?
    Keith: I can do squares/rectangles of any size up to 16"x13"
    Conor: I see! Well then this may be an option for me so. Thanks for the info.
    Conor: I'm going to end the chat now, cheers Keith.
    Keith: Have a great rest of your day Conor!
    Keith: we are here if you need anything, just let us know
    Conor: Will do

Had to wait about 2 mins for each response but anyway, it looks like an option at least.

Well that Keith seemed like a lovely young man!

A decal skin would be perfect, high quality, easy to stick on etc all printed for you already.

STILL though, I just wish I could find an option that didn't involve ordering more **** online and waiting.

Sisko wrote: »
    A decal skin would be perfect, high quality, easy to stick on etc all printed for you already.

STILL though, I just wish I could find an option that didn't involve ordering more **** online and waiting.
    Could you PM if you're ordering anything online, I may as well go in with you, save us both a bit in delivery!

• Advertisement

will do, but I dunno what I'm doing yet, so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Also alternating between banana or jam sandwiches, maybe leftover Sunday meat on a Monday if we were lucky.

You got banana :eek: oooh look at me, a hoity toity Little Lord Fauntleroy are we. :pac:

Remember those large tubs of cheap margarine, and jam that was more strawberry pips than strawberry... I can't even smell margarine now without heaving.

Still there was always strawberry and chocolate milk carton day. Highlight of my week that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

L31mr0d wrote: »
    You got banana :eek: oooh look at me, a hoity toity Little Lord Fauntleroy are we. :pac:

Remember those large tubs of cheap margarine, and jam that was more strawberry pips than strawberry... I can't even smell margarine now without heaving.

Still there was always strawberry and chocolate milk carton day. Highlight of my week that was.

I had blocked it from my mind, but yeah we had to use this vile **** instead of butter.

Nothing worse than when a deli counter uses this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    One last thing. Is it obvious enough that it's Honda in that shadow doing a headbutt? I'm a bit afraid people will be asking me what it is. What do ye think? No other suggestions from anyone else, obviously means that it's perfect :P

I didn't notice that either! I thought it was just another paint splat since the stick and buttons have a paint splat.

Maybe if you left in just his face markings and/or stripes on his man-dress while the rest of him is in shadow, it would be more obvious

@sisko: sounds like you had a conversation with an artificial intelligence application!

animaX wrote: »
    @sisko: sounds like you had a conversation with an artificial intelligence application!
    Looking at again, that seems about right :P

• Advertisement

Ok, mocked up another one real quick, which one do ye prefer?

c0565.jpg

4a742.jpg

Click above for bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ok, mocked up another one real quick, which one do ye prefer?

Ahhhh!

Thats the graphics I've used on the artwork for my TE!

:eek:

Oh noes! Go away!

What about this?

stickart4b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I thought it was a dog poo :pac:

Honda, dog poo, it's all the same :pac:

Ramza wrote: »
    Honda, dog poo, it's all the same :pac:
    Oh you're in for it now Ramza, you're going on my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You'd really like to sit on Ramza's face?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jim wrote: »
    You'd really like to sit on Ramza's face?

LOL

I so wanted to make a mother joke right now :pac:

But let's get off the mothers, afterall,
    I just got off yours' :pac:

j/k
    Directed at D4rk Onion fyi :)
    Oh you're in for it now Ramza, you're going on my list!

Low tier scares the crap outta me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

@ A-trak, Dark Onion: What happens if you decide to change character in Super?! I'd wait till then to put on character specific artwork.

@ A-trak, Dark Onion: What happens if you decide to change character in Super?! I'd wait till then to put on character specific artwork.
    I was thinking about that. TBH, I already play Seth most of the time these days, but I think I'm sort of associated with Honda at this stage, and he is still my main choice at tourneys and stuff. Unless they nerf him madly in Super, I can't see myself changing.

Besides Honda is Freakin' awesome looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    4188639365_fe9724abff.jpg
    Mmm...Ryu and Guile look quite close and the face on ryu's kin....No!!! My childhood is ruined!!!

I spent a while working on my art and wanted to include all the characters I'd likely to main - ibuki - chun - ryu - ken - akuma

But it always just looked too ****in messy . So I gave up made this kinda stylized blended thing out of an image of ryu charging a fireball......

Even if I'm not maining him I'll be happy enough with it.

KIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the craic with just using boring old double sided tape with a laminated A4 page of my art? Any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just make sure the double-sided tape is to-the-edge, and then add some more in the middle.
    Worked fine for me so far.

And had you laminated your cover art?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Of course. If you don't laminate, the sweat from your hands ruins the pic within... ohh... an hour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Hey guys, just wondering what ye think of this skin. As usual, constructive criticism is welcome :) Or if it's shít, you can say that too :)

Here's the overhead

107687.jpg

And here's the mock-up. Click the image for a bigger version

107685.jpg

I dont suppose you have the brush plugin for that splatter?

I'm not going to lie to you, I copypasta'd it from another template. If you have photoshop, I can send you the HD version and you can magic-wand copy and paste the splatter over? Otherwise, I'm sure a quick google search will get you some good brushes.

Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I'm not going to lie to you, I copypasta'd it from another template. If you have photoshop, I can send you the HD version and you can magic-wand copy and paste the splatter over? Otherwise, I'm sure a quick google search will get you some good brushes.

Sorry

Ah no worries, ive found a few brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm trying to come up with some art for my stick currently. The main thing I want to do is try and make the buttons/stick work with the actual artwork, so I'm wracking my brains for ways to do that.
    I just mocked up this as a test to see if I could make it work. (Shoddy artwork ahead, it'll look shinier when I actually draw stuff)
    roseTEmockup.jpg
    I reckon there's something there, but it just feels dead for the moment. =/ Reckon it needs some text or somthing.
    Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Dude that's awesome, just buy buttons that match the red of her dress and am aqua/blue ball top and you're sorted.

Advertisement