Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Template Thread (Image heavy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

2 arts made for me by Sagat06

Still can't decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good design is less design.
    Go for the Vewlix.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ramza wrote: »
    2 arts made for me by Sagat06

Still can't decide!
    The vewlix one is a bit too much like Terry's one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Vewlix is Vewlix so everyone's is the same really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

@ Sairus you drew that yourself? You got talent man. I'd say just add your name to it, and maybe try and emulate the black ink style thing for your final image and it should look pretty badass imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dude that's awesome, just buy buttons that match the red of her dress and am aqua/blue ball top and you're sorted.
    I'm going to get one of those transperant sparkly ball tops if I go for this design. More sparkles, more soul power.
    Sisko wrote: »
    @ Sairus you drew that yourself? You got talent man. I'd say just add your name to it, and maybe try and emulate the black ink style thing for your final image and it should look pretty badass imo.
    I hadn't even thought of emulating the inky SFIV syle, I'll definitely give that a crack when I have a spare few minutes. And yar I drew it, cheers laddy! XD

EDIT: Looking at my one again now, the colours are way too dull. If I make them more vibrant in the next draft it might sort some stuff out. Black background also not a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

lol, yeah, terry should sue them for stealing his unique design! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_12421.htm
    This might be of use if you want to print and laminate.

PPC wrote: »
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_12421.htm
    This might be of use if you want to print and laminate.
    I don't see how, the laminate would go over the sticky bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I don't see how, the laminate would go over the sticky bit!
    Cut it down to size then peal the sticky part off, the laminate should be stuck to the peal off part, then just stick it to the stick. I think thats how Terry did his.

• Advertisement

So this stuff is sticky on both sides? I'd use it instead of double sided tape? Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

PPC wrote: »
    Cut it down to size then peal the sticky part off, the laminate should be stuck to the peal off part, then just stick it to the stick. I think thats how Terry did his.

Exactly. Cut away the edges so that the back and front are no longer binded together. The back will still peel off!

Oh I see. Hmmmm. I really wanna get my stick modded and painted before this weekend. A friend of mine has offered his broken ps2 pad, I may head to town to buy vinyl dye , print off my art and have it laminated. Then either buy this stuff or just use double sided tape.

Terry is there anything else I'll need to get regarding doing this ps2 pcb mod?

Which pad do you have Sisko?
    Check it here:
    http://slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_wiring.html#PCB_DIAGRAMS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The viewlix template looks good in a grey scale, mabe try that if you want to be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Some pretty nice artwork by this guy http://www.capcom-unity.com/just-s/blog/?pref_tab=blog

Think he did some of the ones already linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Jim wrote: »
    Some pretty nice artwork by this guy http://www.capcom-unity.com/just-s/blog/?pref_tab=blog

Think he did some of the ones already linked.

Yeah his art is epic.

Sisko wrote: »
    Terry is there anything else I'll need to get regarding doing this ps2 pcb mod?

You'll need some 26 guage solid wire. I have plenty leftover if you want it? Or you can buy it in maplins (the thinnest ones they have). You should also have a look inside mine first to get an idea of what to do!

Yeah deffo man I meant to call to you last week but I was too wrecked afterwards and just went straight home, I'll be in DCU again this friday though.

Vegabuttons.jpg

VegaTEMockup.jpg

Don't know if I like the pixelated artwork background. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Maybe if you could get a screen from HDR it might work better?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I'd prefer just the background, personally.....

Where did you get the font from SF4? Or did you just copy the word Vega from somewhere else?

I just ripped it from a hd vid youtube, I couldnt find a font anywhere for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

You could always blur the background so that it's just a dramatic out-of-focus shot rather than pixelated?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm with Ken B on this actually, 16 bit FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

How exactly does one get their art onto their sticks? There seems to be a dozen and ones ways of doing it. What's everyone's preferences here?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

Can anyone help me out with a psd or png SSFIV logo with a transparent background? Searched on Google, no dice.

ill root it out for ya now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

Thanks, man.

Advertisement