Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Template Thread (Image heavy)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

Thanks, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Looking for an opinion on button and balltop colours to go with this bastardized viewlix stickart.
    Was going to save this stickart for a custom stick but think ill just stick it on my TE. I will probably remove the little stars too :p

Juri_StickArtWStar_Final.jpg?t=1273204026

I was thinking of 3 punch buttons with Sanwa dark blue (eh purple? :p), kick buttons Sanwa orange and and the 3xP and 3xK buttons as solid black. Or else all dark blue, with Orange on the 3xP and 3xK buttons.

Balltop im torn between, dark blue, orange bubble or clear bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

BeansBeans wrote: »
    I was thinking of 3 punch buttons with Sanwa dark blue (eh purple? :p), kick buttons Sanwa orange and and the 3xP and 3xK buttons as solid black. Or else all dark blue, with Orange on the 3xP and 3xK buttons.

Balltop im torn between, dark blue, orange bubble or clear bubble.

Looks nice! Problem is, it might be hard to get buttons which match the colours exactly. Recent thread on SRK for example.

What you could do (if you have photoshop) is place the artwork into the TE mockup template found in the second post in this thread. Then you can see how it looks on a TE and you can change the button/balltop colours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'd also wait till your buttons arrive so you can at least alter the image in photoshop to match the shade of buttons if they're off a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Ah ya I didnt want them to match exactly. I found a button swatch for OSBF buttons somewhere which has come in handy.

The dark blue button doesnt match the purple on Juri, but its somewhat of a complimentary colour really, kind of like its continuing the gradient in the character image.
    The orange on the image is very like the button orange, just slightly lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Javier Guevara Valle has created the SSFIV Abuket font that includes all 26 characters of the alphabet and numbers 0-9.

Link here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Javier Guevara Valle has created the SSFIV Abuket font that includes all 26 characters of the alphabet and numbers 0-9.

Link here

People have been looking for that for so long!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Unrelated but this one's for the Transformers fans.
    Put it on a stick.

83312dec060c9bc98a4d772e20afabf0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Gonna get some art done on my stick soon.

Was hoping to get Sakura and Karin on the stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Was hoping to get Sakura and Karin on the stick.

...come on like, that's way too easy for a sarcastic primarilly male forum like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Sairus wrote: »
    ...come on like, that's way too easy for a sarcastic primarilly male forum like this.

Not in that kind of way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I still want to do a custom art of Tager...I just need to sit down and spend FOREVER working out how to make an image that doesn't suck ass:p

Also, Kiki, how did you get your custom stuff on your SE?

Madcatz Template for SE, printed onto A4 paper & laminated in Reads' of Nassau Street.

€3.50 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

If you are doing an SE, don't use normal a4 paper.
    Get something like http://zeetail.com/p1946/A4_Self_Adhesive_Photo_Paper/product_info.html
    Once you laminate it, you can then cut it down to size and peal the laminate off the back and stick it on.
    You'll get a much better fit and it'll be more secure.

PPC wrote: »
    If you are doing an SE, don't use normal a4 paper.
    Get something like http://zeetail.com/p1946/A4_Self_Adhesive_Photo_Paper/product_info.html
    Once you laminate it, you can then cut it down to size and peal the laminate off the back and stick it on.
    You'll get a much better fit and it'll be more secure.
    You could do that.

Or you could buy a roll of double-sided tape for €1.
    :D

I JUST remembered this thread was out there. So yeah, the "art" for my stick.

I've pretty much settled on this, I might tool around tiny bit more, move that top left ink spalt or something of that nature, turn then from "white" to gun-grey or rust-brown.

I'm also considering turning the stick from a white case to a black one, so that it looks cooler =3 Any advice on how I could approach this?

EDIT:
    Okay, so NOW I'm choosing between two... the one with the red and the one without. Any comments?

Voa wrote: »
    I JUST remembered this thread was out there. So yeah, the "art" for my stick.

I've pretty much settled on this, I might tool around tiny bit more, move that top left ink spalt or something of that nature, turn then from "white" to gun-grey or rust-brown.

I'm also considering turning the stick from a white case to a black one, so that it looks cooler =3 Any advice on how I could approach this?

EDIT:
    Okay, so NOW I'm choosing between two... the one with the red and the one without. Any comments?

For changing the case from white to black, you need a can of vinyl dye -- generally found in large auto shops like Halfords (it's generally marketed for "changing interior plastics).
    Unlike regular paint, the dye bonds with the plastic, ensuring a fast coat with even colour. It also won't chip.

Also red artwork is cooler.

Yeah, I'll butcher the red one a little more before I finalise it. As for the spray...well, I'll see how the artwork turns out. If it's alright with the white case, I might well leave it, otherwise, I'll do what I can to get my hands on a bottle of the stuff.

Settled.ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Juri

Can anyone make a HRAP3 Juri Fight Stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

You can download the photoshop template here.

http://shoryuken.com/f177/top-panel-template-hrap2sa-hrap3-164245/

Then just drag your image into photoshop,re-size it to fit template and print off.
    By the way I think the image is not high enough of a resolution and will look pixilated when blown up

Juri wrote: »
    Can anyone make a HRAP3 Juri Fight Stick?
    Here's one someone else already made:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2xm4zknzthn

Thread: http://shoryuken.com/f177/top-panel-template-hrap2sa-hrap3-164245/

So yeah.

It's not great, it's a little busy, but **** it, it'll do till I feel like putting some time in on it, or I swap my marvel team again.

Tager stays though.
    He mai boi.

Advertisement