Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Hospital - Hard To Find?

• 10-11-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Daughter wants Lego Hospital for Christmas.

It's proving hard to find - it's not on lego.com and on amazon.co.uk price starts at £99 up to £250

Anyone know if this is a discontinued item or why it's in short supply?

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 cashel girl

iv just found some on ebay, hopefully its what you are looking for :)http://shop.ebay.ie/i.html?_nkw=lego+hospital&_armrs=1&_dmd=1&_from=R40&_ipg=&_trksid=m37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Thanks for the quick response. It's the new lego city hospital I'm after - 7892. Here it is for £99 on amazon;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-UK-Limited-7892-Hospital/dp/B000BVMAM4

This is a more reasonable price but out of stock (as is the case in most online stores);

http://www.themillionsgroup.co.uk/Toy_Shop/Lego/City/425_7892_Lego_City_7892:__Hospital.html

Peter

havint seen these in any shops, and i but a lot of lego (for my son:))
    if i come across it anywhere ill let u know:)

We have a lot of the City sets (Fire station, Garage, Police, Coast Gaurds) as well as some houses etc.

I've never seen this in shops either. We visited LEgoLAnd (Windsor) this summer and they didn't have it. Neither does the online lego store.

I'm just wondering do they discontinue sets? This one is relatively new (2006 I think)

Peter

i dont think they do,a lot of online stores still have them up on site. toywiz have it but not very cheap!!

http://www.toywiz.com/legohospital.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

They do discontinue sets if they're not selling well, and the hospital wasnt a big seller.

i will see if I can root out a link fo you :)

Thanks Guys

There must be something affecting supply as it's either sold out or highly priced whereever I look. That £99 Amazon.co.uk price is actually starting to look good!

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Its an old set, didnt sell many at all and £99 is high but its not bad for an old set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Similarly, my son wants Lego City - Police Station 7744 and it is out of stock almost everywhere. While it seems to go for €69.99 / £59.99, Amazon have it from £99 up and similarly on eBay.

Anyone know what is going on with these? We didn't dream that it would be hard to find something like this in early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Hi there, my sister is also looking for this item -main "S" request. I remember the day when I sat at the table with the Golden Pages phoning toy shops looking for a particular present for my son. By chance that year I managed to get what I wanted - as I was speaking to the Sales Assistant the "Agent" walked into the store with one under his arm - how luck I felt that day! The things we do for our children!

Will watch this thread, if you manage to find one you might let us know.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 songbirds

Re Lego City Police Station, if it helps Smiths in Blanch are sold out, Hamleys in Dundrum ditto, Sainsburys in Newry - Out of stock - might be helpful to post where you tried to save time.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. We have tried everywhere we could online. We didn't call any shops ourselves but I can't say definitively where we have tried. It would be a long list but grandparents and friends are (were) also looking.

We decided last night that we won't look any longer, as our only option seems to be eBay at more than twice the price including shipping. Our son will have to make do with some other Lego police stuff.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bigtom71

I have also been looking for the LEGO City Police Station 7744. I finally found it on www.amazon.fr (the French version) at €76 delivered to Ireland. I ordered it today and it should arrive, they say, between December 12th and 17th. I checked everywhere - Smyths (all shops), every toyshop in Dublin I could think of, and all over the Internet. So, Ihave been very thorough. The German Amazon also have it in stock but it is €20 dearer.

I'll be biting my nails for the next week or so waiting for it to arrive!

I hope this helps.

Just yesterday, we got a call from a friend in Switzerland. She found it in Carrefour for 60. I think it was on ourskirts of Geneva. We had to check to see if it would arrive in time and apparently it will. So, we are returning the other lego gear.

Thanks for the post Bigtom. I hope yours arrives in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spiderfear

bigtom71 wrote: »
    I have also been looking for the LEGO City Police Station 7744. I finally found it on www.amazon.fr (the French version) at €76 delivered to Ireland. I ordered it today and it should arrive, they say, between December 12th and 17th. I checked everywhere - Smyths (all shops), every toyshop in Dublin I could think of, and all over the Internet. So, Ihave been very thorough. The German Amazon also have it in stock but it is €20 dearer.

I'll be biting my nails for the next week or so waiting for it to arrive!

I hope this helps.

Thanks so much – got this today for €72. It seemed to re-direct me to the UK site so I got Free Super Saver delivery. It was dispatched today and is due to arrive next Tuesday.

Cheers!!!!

Advertisement