Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Set on Fire and Left to Burn to Death

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I'm with the rabble here. That was such a heartless thing to do. You'd have to be very jaded not to be horrified by this. Thankfully we're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Pure sick. They should be banned from owning or coming near a pet/animal in the future with charges brought against them! Shame on them but shame on us if we let this kind of thing slide.:mad:

It's okay, they'll eventually grow out of it and move onto humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Harming animals is in no way a guarentee that someone will go on to commit crimes in the future.

Harming animals is a crime in itself. I don't require them to move on up the chain to find their actions repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭token56

enda1 wrote: »
    Dogs don't love humans. What are you on about!?
    Dogs are loyal stupid animals incapable of human emotions - quite projecting yourself on them and instead if you seek love and attention do the healthy thing and try interacting with society, you know friends, family children etc.!

People talking about animals like family members is just as sick as this crime. Don't get me wrong this crime is horrific, but to consider murdering someone over it makes you far FAR worse than the perpetrators.

First of all dogs can feel emotions, in the same way humans feel sadness, happiness, anger, fear etc, dogs can feel those emotions too and it is evident to almost every dog owner. Now of course humans have to ability to process these further to develop more advanced complicated emotions such as love, shame, worry etc. However this does not detract from the fact that dogs experience the same fundamental emotions that any human does. As such to say dogs are "stupid" animals could not be further from the truth. Dogs are quite intelligent.

You say its wrong to seek love and attention from animals such as a dog. Well personally I know quite a few people who because of factors beyond their control their pet/s are there family and I'm others here know of people in the same position. They maybe have no living relatives, no close friends as such and due to different factors it is hard for them to interact more with society. Their companion in life is their pet, their dog and that pet is more of a member of their family than anyone else could be. It gives them a purpose to get up it in the morning and a friend to keep them company through out the day. Now maybe you think this is a sad life for someone to live but it just so happens to be how some people live. You may not agree with the sentiment that a dog or an animal can be a member of someones family, but it is the sentiment of a significant amount of people and it is certainly not "as sick as the crime".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Hobart wrote: »
    You're a funny fooker, aren't you? Either that, or you're just trolling. I could guess, but I'm sure you have the intelligence to figure it out.

It you are equating the removal of vermin from your house, to the total savagery of a dog being doused in petrol and thrown over a wall to yelp in pure agony, well then, you have some issues.

Would you like to explain to me how that is trolling?

And your a moderator??

If i dont like killing a defenseless animal, i dont like killing one.. I dont need to explain myself or my feelings to you.
    Yes they may be vermin, but i'm pretty sure if they could reason out in their heads that going coming into
    the house might result in them being killed, they prob wouldnt come next or near the place.

I admit, i'm a softie. I hate seeing defenseless animals being killed or suffering. Whats wrong with admitting to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Article wrote: »
    Orla Aungier, operations manager at Dublin SPCA, said: "The disturbing reality is that the youths who conducted this violent crime will more than likely progress on to more horrific forms of abuse.
    "It has been extensively proven that cruelty to animals can be a significant indicator that a child or young adult is at high risk of becoming a perpetrator of violence in society," she said.
    Anyone with information about the horrific crime is asked to contact Finglas Garda Station or Dublin SPCA.

Ah the Gateway crime argument !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The mentality of a person who takes sadistic pleasure from an act so depraved and messed up allows a logical conclusion to be reached by the average, sane human being that there is definitely something so wrong with that person that permanent removal from society should be the given punishment.
    It just so happens that death is the simplest, easiest and most effective way to carry out this punishment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

This whole thing has been going on since before halloween..those little shiits were lighting fires every night of the nothing was being done about them.
    One night they set fire to the contents of a skip and had smoke belching all over the place.
    It was sort of enevitable that something like this would happen,they've been getting awy with stuff for too long and thier scumbag parents couldnt give less of a shiit about them...when they find out who they are they should be evicted from thier council houses,let them fend for themselves for a change.
    Fcucking animals,the parents are every bit too blame as the kids themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Fúcking scumbags.
    This story pisses me off so fúcking much...ugh

and I don't really care what anyone says about 'keyboard warriors' or anything like but I'd gladly beat the shít out of those that did this and wouldn't think twice about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

A disturbing read. I wouldnt be comfortable in the company of anyone that could be so cruel to an animal. I hope they are somehow doused in petrol, set alight but not get the humane treatement of being beaten in the head with a shovel to save them from misery. Karma FTW!

• Advertisement

These little bastards need to be dealt with properly..given a good slap and kicked out into the street..they're probably boasting about it on thier bebo pages too..they havnt got the brains they were born with...the amount of stuff you hear on the finglas bus..idiots detailing thier crimes for all to hear and often dropping names of other people and what they did.
    I reckon it'd take about ten minutes to get thier names with teh right approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm close to tears.
    How can anyone do that to a poor innocent little dog?! :(
    Ugh,it's beyond disgusting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Sick ba*tards. I hope the culprits a caught, and hopefully get their asses kicked.

Harming animals is in no way a guarentee that someone will go on to commit crimes in the future.

dear God its hardly the behaviour of a well adjusted individual :eek:
    Any one who does this kind of thing is dangerous

who the hell burns dogs to death? jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Neonlight

Absolutely disgusted,
    Read this article today in the Independent and turned me off my lunch.One of the cruelest acts i have ever heard of to an animal,Why?What pleasure can any person get from this.Live in Finglas and ashamed to think that this could happen in my area.Sounds like the guy with the shovel did a very decent and humane act ,really do hope they make an example of these cruel ,mindless heartless bastards.
    I also have 2 dogs and love the mutts since they were little pups, i rescued both from a pound and sanctuary six yrs ago.And always look forward to there happy barks and waggling tails when i get home from work.

An article i found online for the people who think dogs have no emotions or feelings.

Your dog is more similar to you in their emotions than in their mentality. Some of their emotional reactions are so much like ours, that we tend to humanize them. The dogs emotions are visibly expressed in his eyes and face, his ear and tail movements, his posture, and general behavior. Sometimes they are vocally expressed as well. Your dog can feel and express the same emotions as we do: love, hate, joy, sorrow, grief, anxiety, jealousy, remorse, anger, fear, and even more subtle ones such as distrust and resignation.

Pet dogs have an endearing tendency to imitate their owner’s emotional reactions, which may not weigh much in an argument, but it certainly offers much in moral support. They are no more individual in expressing their emotions than we are. Dogs approach and seek contact with objects and beings that inspire friendly feelings, and avoid or shy away from those they fear. Often a dog will pretend not to see a person or animal he dislikes. A crouching position and a watchful eye mean that he has not yet made up his mind to trust or distrust.

Some facial expressions are much like ours. Worried frowns, angry glares, adoring gazes, suspicious squints, questioning looks, seductive glances, humor, and even genuine smiles. A smile, accompanied by half-closed eyes and ears held low signifies intense pleasure. Dogs express their feelings thru body language more so than facial expressions. A wagging tail and friendly grin are invitations to approach and perhaps make friends, while a snarl, a fixed stare, stiff, straight legs and tail are warnings to keep your distance. The question of distance is important to the dog because of territorial concerns and of survival instincts.

Dogs usually give voice to the emotions, and their meanings are generally clear. A happy dog gurgles or squeals with pleasure. A gentle whine says “please”, and snarling is definitely hostile. Dogs yelp from pain or fear, whine from frustration or pain, and sigh for the same reasons we do. Puppy cries are easiest to interpret, they scream when they are too hot, whimper when cold, and protest loudly when hungry. Barking is usually done to attract attention or to work excess energy if the dog is constrained such as in a kennel. Dogs exchange information among themselves less by voice than by a wide range of facial expressions, body postures and gestures.

An owner who takes the trouble to observe his dog and pay him the courtesy of listening to him, can establish a simple two-way communications system with his pet. Canine messages are usually very elementary, as he asks much less of us than we do of him. “I’m hungry”, “I’m thirsty, “I need to go out”, or “Come with me”, are among the messages he manages to convey very well, considering his limited means. His most eloquent utterance is perhaps the emotional gurgle or barks that mean to say, “It’s about time you came home, I’ve missed you!”

Randy Jones and his partner Brent Jones have been in the pet industry for a long time. Recently they formed the website http://joncopets.com/ on the site, customers can read articles about anything pets as well as shop for the latest trendy items for their best friend. Feel free to check out the site at http://joncopets.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

enda1 wrote: »
    Dogs love humans.
    Dogs are loyal animals capable of emotions - unlike myself who is desperately seeking love and attention from society, friends, family etc.!

People talking about animals like family members are compassionate,empathetic and generally all round nice people. Don't get me wrong this crime is horrific, but to consider murdering someone over it is not the right thing to do in any way shape or form but i do wish those people a slow and equally as horrifying end to their life as that puppy got.

FYP for you there lovely Endaaaaaa. There were a few small grammar mistakes ..nothin to worry your pretty little head about.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's not a guarantee, but it is sometimes a precursor to homicidal behavior

Macdonald triad

It's not a guarantee, but it is sometimes a precursor to homicidal behavior

Macdonald triad

Thats more the loner-style serial killer though that starts on naimals and graduates to people.
    These bastards arent homicidal or serial killers..they're scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

"Some of the comments left on this thread are worse that the initial act itself, killing someone for hurting a dog is not right"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Degsy wrote: »
    This whole thing has been going on since before halloween..those little shiits were lighting fires every night of the nothing was being done about them.
    One night they set fire to the contents of a skip and had smoke belching all over the place.
    It was sort of enevitable that something like this would happen,they've been getting awy with stuff for too long and thier scumbag parents couldnt give less of a shiit about them...when they find out who they are they should be evicted from thier council houses,let them fend for themselves for a change.
    Fcucking animals,the parents are every bit too blame as the kids themselves.

Pets being thrown into bonfires at Hallowe'en is unfortunately a regular occurrence :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

"The three indicators—bedwetting, cruelty to animals and firestarting, known as the MacDonald triad—were first described by J.M. MacDonald as "red flag" indicators of psychopathy and future episodic aggressive behavior."

Look for a bedwetter. He is already cruel to animals and a firestarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,107 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pure sick. They should be banned from owning or coming near a pet/animal in the future with charges brought against them! Shame on them but shame on us if we let this kind of thing slide.:mad:

Be it dog or human its a disgraceful act and one that should make people stand up and take notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

These ****ers are just plain evil. When people ask me if I believe in Hell and Satan, its this kind of story that makes me answer yes.

The thought of this happening to my dog is just making me feel ill. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Be it dog or human its a disgraceful act and one that should make people stand up and take notice
    Neighbours of the evildoers probably know the culprits.If only for the protection of their own families and children they have a responsibility to help investigations.No doubt the parents of the vile offspring know the truth and if they remain silent it is likely that misery,tragedy and permanent unhappiness will eventually visit them too and when that happens they will regret their inaction and irresponsibility.And their decent neighbours and the public will be devoid of of sympathy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

words fail me.

however,im pretty sure the mindless thugs who did this will get what is coming to them in some shape or form.what goes around,comes around,you c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

zuutroy wrote: »
    This is unimaginably sick. ...... what kind of mind could do this to an innocent animal that can't defend itself. :(

Totally agree OP, the bastards who did this should be beaten to within an inch of their miserable lives every day for a year, and then sterilized so they can never reproduce.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Talkin about it on FM104 at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Also, another reason I mentioned that evil video of those guys from Ukraine is that, to the best of my knowledge, they started out on dogs and cats before moving onto humans :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

zuutroy wrote: »
    This is unimaginably sick. If ever there was a case for re-instating physical violence as punishment then the ****ers responsible for stuff like this should be top of the line. Whatever about having beef with other people, robbing them, feeling society has wronged you, what kind of mind could do this to an innocent animal that can't defend itself. :(

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/dog-set--on-fire-and-flung-over-wall-to-die-1938481.html

I love the way people get all uppity over cruelty to animals yet shamelessly eat meat all day and think it is not okay to use the death penalty on humans when they kill another human being. Kill a dog, burn him at the stake, kill a human, treat him like a celeb and say he was not responsible for his actions.

No one should treat an animal like this and anyone who does so is clearly a psychopath and humans will be next on his radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Another thing that I don't think has been mentioned is how horrible it must have been for the guy who had to put the poor dog out of his misery. Fair play to him for having the wherewithal to do it.

Advertisement