Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Set on Fire and Left to Burn to Death

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,107 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

anniehoo wrote: »
    Talkin about it on FM104 at the minute

Just listening to it there the woman who said that the culprits should not get jail for this should get jail herself, the idiot.

edit: this lady should actually be thrown in cellar herself after listening to her myself for last ten minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

If they ever get found out they should be let play with the polar bears in Dublin Zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,107 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If they ever get found out they should be let play with the polar bears in Dublin Zoo.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Why should they be burned too?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

Anyone who has it in them to do something this evil should be put out of their misery with a shovel like this poor dog. i am not joking.
    Anyone who says dogs have no feelings obviously not ever had one. You are not really
    in a position to make a statement about dogs feelings when you dont have a clue about dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Catch them, prosecute them, let the lads in the joy deal with them.

Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I keep thinking about the man having to kill the dog with a shovel. I really wish this whole thing had never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

People who commit sick acts like this are the type who would have a high probability of committing murder without thinking twice. They should be locked up IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This sounds like it was premeditated, which is what is sicker. They went out with a can of petrol. Anyone who can do this to an animal obviously has problems and unfortunately they'll get away with this and instead of being sent for some form physchiatric care, they will be let free to continue their assention to worse crimes than this.

Up until a few years ago we were livestock farmers, you cannot compare burning a dog with eating meat, we never set the cattle on fire or treated them cruely. Killing an animal for food is not the same as for fun. How as ever on that, I don't eat certain things such foie gras because of the cruelty to animals (gavage).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

This story has upset me more than most of the stuff I've read on boards. It's definitely up there in the top 5! Ugh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

That's heartbreaking to hear about

We live in a ****ed up World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 homercleese

i have to be honest- im a normal human being, quite in control of my faculties as a grown man, and quite a eserved person. However, had i seen this happen, i know deep down that i would have calmly walked into the nearest house and taken a blade out, and gutted each and everyy one of them and left them writing in agony. And i would have handed myself into police, gladly doing the time dealt to me, to rid society of those....to be honest, there is no word in any language that adequately describes the perpetrator of something so abhorrent.

Having not been there, and had time to reflect, if now given the opportunity to reprimand said perpetrators, i would GLADLY, GLEEFULLY, AND studiously take a sledgehammer to each of the joints in their lower limbs, and their testicles, and hobble and castrate them in one fell swoop. the only reason i wouldnt gut them as above, is because it's too good for them.

Sweet jesus, i hope they get identified, and if they dont, i hope they rot in agony with bowel cancer.

C*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

The link between serial killers and animal cruelty to me has a pretty obvious basis - Human's aren't as moral as we'd like to think.

These scumbags would do the same to a human if they thought they could get away with it. It doesn't happen to humans because people are afraid of going to jail.

The Ukrainian murders and the Bolger murder - the perpetrators probably thought they could get away with their crimes.

Whilst I'm not suggesting eating meat is remotely comparable to this heineous act, we wouldn't eat meat or experiment on non-human animals if we really did have respect for animals

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Just one question. If you were to do to these people what is advocated by a lot of the posters in this thread, do you not become one of them, or is extreme cruelty to animals somehow more reprehensible than extreme cruelty to human beings?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

destroyer wrote: »
    is extreme cruelty to animals somehow more reprehensible than extreme cruelty to human beings?
    Is extreme cruelty to a child more reprehensible than extreme cruelty to an adult?

The point here is that an adult is capable of understanding an attack on their person. If I attack an adult, they suffer just the same but they are capable of knowing what's happening to them and why (even if it's just, "This guy is a psycho trying to kill me"). You cannot say the same of a child or an animal. From their point of view, they're suffering and they cannot understand why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Anyone who harms animals is a scumbag lowlife imo.

They're probably seen as Martyrs in the Finglas area. Probably like a badge of honour. Urban muck savages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kiki D

I totally agree with Seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

seamus wrote: »
    Is extreme cruelty to a child more reprehensible than extreme cruelty to an adult?

The point here is that an adult is capable of understanding an attack on their person. If I attack an adult, they suffer just the same but they are capable of knowing what's happening to them and why (even if it's just, "This guy is a psycho trying to kill me"). You cannot say the same of a child or an animal. From their point of view, they're suffering and they cannot understand why.

Agreed. A dog in particular has the same mental capacity as a 2 year old child.
    They dont understand right from wrong and dont reason out their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Time for people who know the culprits to report them to the Gardai.If not, more savage acts on both humans and animals will surely follow in Finglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Degsy wrote: »
    I reckon it'd take about ten minutes to get thier names with teh right approach.

Get them, then the sickened community can all knock on their parents doors and tell them what their lovely little angels get up to at night.

• Advertisement

lol at you being able to articulate this from the dog's point of view.
    You cant even be sure it "thinks" about it at all.

The point here is that if you throw petrol on an adult and set them alight
    because they threw petrol on a dog and set it alight then the next person
    is entitled to throw petrol on you and set you alight etc. etc.
    You are just the same as those you condemn, (thats if those here who say they would do it really would, and aren't just spouting hot air looking for the approval of their peers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭jackson2009

thats disgusting why the hell would you want to do that, bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

They're probably seen as Martyrs in the Finglas area. Probably like a badge of honour. Urban muck savages.

What, are Finglas people less human that the rest of us?
    What sort of a statement is that?

I GUARANTEE that they are not bragging about this to their friends or neighbours. I lived in Finglas, many of my friends lived or grew up there. They are true Dubs, they are not all savages.

:mad:

lol at you being able to articulate this from the dog's point of view.
    You cant even be sure it "thinks" about it at all.
    You can't be sure the scumbag "thinks" about it all. Let's not get philosophical here. If you believe that a child under 2 "thinks" then you can also be sure that a dog "thinks".
    The point here is that if you throw petrol on an adult and set them alight
    because they threw petrol on a dog and set it alight then the next person
    is entitled to throw petrol on you and set you alight etc. etc.
    You are just the same as those you condemn, (thats if those here who say they would do it really would, and aren't just spouting hot air looking for the approval of their peers)
    I'm not saying they would be morally right, I'm just explaining the thinking behind it.
    On the other hand, answer my question - should someone who tortures a child be subject to exactly the same punishment as someone who tortures an adult?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

sick, feral behaviour, but i would'nt say they felt a thing.....from the same line of 'thinking' that puts screwdrivers into peoples heads.....

On the other hand, answer my question - should someone who tortures a child be subject to exactly the same punishment as someone who tortures an adult?

In my opinion yes. Incarceration for life in both instances. (life meaning life)

In my opinion yes. Incarceration for life in both instances. (life meaning life)
    OK, fair enough, but it doesn't exactly answer my question - Are they both as morally reprehensible as eachother?

Let's take something a little less heinous:
    A cyclist is waiting at a set of lights and the car behind decides to ignore the red and drives into the cyclist, pushing him out of the way.

Assuming that the injuries which result are identical, would you consider the offence to be worse if the person on the bike was a 4 year old child and not a 30 year old man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

OK, fair enough, but it doesn't exactly answer my question - Are they both as morally reprehensible as eachother?

Let's take something a little less heinous:
    A cyclist is waiting at a set of lights and the car behind decides to ignore the red and drives into the cyclist, pushing him out of the way.

Assuming that the injuries which result are identical, would you consider the offence to be worse if the person on the bike was a 4 year old child and not a 30 year old man?

Torturing of childers is seen as worse socially in the same way that paeodophiles are seen as worse than rapists.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bunch of inbreds. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I can assure you the only thing they're thoought of in finglas is lowlife vermin..i live there and the vast majority of the people are decent and extremely friendly.
    There are pockets of shiitebags however but they're getting fewer and fewer.

Advertisement