Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Set on Fire and Left to Burn to Death

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So I don't suppose anyone has any idea of their names?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

SV wrote: »
    So I don't suppose anyone has any idea of their names?

Anto, Deco, Johnno and Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

seamus wrote: »
    Is extreme cruelty to a child more reprehensible than extreme cruelty to an adult?

The point here is that an adult is capable of understanding an attack on their person. If I attack an adult, they suffer just the same but they are capable of knowing what's happening to them and why (even if it's just, "This guy is a psycho trying to kill me"). You cannot say the same of a child or an animal. From their point of view, they're suffering and they cannot understand why.

if some one is capable is planning to cause this harmless puppy to die a very painful and slow death then i think he could move on to killing babies then adults as well. Alot of serial killers started by torturing animals then moved on to adults. If they are sufficiently punished for killing/torturing an animal this could prevent him/her from turning into a pyscho serial killer which is why a serious punishment is required.Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer all abused animals than became serial killers

http://www.peta.org/mc/factsheet_display.asp?ID=132
    here is a source ^

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

sick and violent youngsters (i presume) who are capable and must enjoy torturing animals are surely just a close step to doing this to a human as well, they should be hunted down and prosecuted to the full extent of the law, also recording this disturbing behaviour for their future crimes, which there will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheRealist

I'm reminded every day from stories like this what a horrible, horrible world we live in. Really, it's just ****....... People like this just need to be culled.

I normally have fairly liberal, non violent views but I'm starting to think the lads in Saudi Arabia might have the right ideas. A public lashing, hands cut off etc sounds like a fair punishment for people like this to me. I wouldn't bat an eyelid at this stage. Screw rehabilitation, I don't see the problem with revenge, an eye for an eye, whatever you want to call it.
    It's probably pointless even getting angry with these braindead scumbags, they will go on to spawn more braindead scumbags, and the cycle will continue ad infinitum.

Sick to my stomach now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i would be delighted if my neighbours 2 dogs died

but not in a cruel way
    and of course not in a cruel way that was deliberately done to them
    and definatley not in a cruel way that was deliberately done to them by people for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

sorry-deleted this as it was a duplicate.

what I would like to know is, how seriously the Gardai will take this?

If some one was a victim of a serious assault(a good kicking) and theft, would the guards view this as a higher priority case and give it more resources then they would trying to find the absolute scum that set this innocent puppy on fire?

If theses guys are caught, what punishment can they expect?

Is there any real chance they will be caught?

Personally if I had my way, these little c#nts should be executed, and if that's not possible, at least set them on fire for a while so they understand what its like.

I have nothing but utter hatred and contempt for scumbags like this, I would have no problem doing time for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

serenacat wrote: »
    if some one is capable is planning to cause this harmless puppy to die a very painful and slow death then i think he could move on to killing babies then adults as well. Alot of serial killers started by torturing animals then moved on to adults. If they are sufficiently punished for killing/torturing an animal this could prevent him/her from turning into a pyscho serial killer which is why a serious punishment is required.Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer all abused animals than became serial killers

http://www.peta.org/mc/factsheet_display.asp?ID=132
    here is a source ^

In the same way hash is a gateway to heroin, killing a dog is a gateway crime to being a pyscho serial killer. Pure nonsense

People get weird when talking about this kinda subject wanting to kill the person who killed a dog. Thats just crazy tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Seoda

I sincerely hope i never meet sub humans like these in life.

There detachment of compassion to an animal is soooooooo scary. They will and can apply the same act to humans.
    Some one out there knows who did this deed. They to my mind are just as guilty for sheltering these so called people. Name and shame them.

Namaste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

c0rk3r wrote: »
    In the same way hash is a gateway to heroin, killing a dog is a gateway crime to being a pyscho serial killer. Pure nonsense
    Actually, that's not exactly what he/she is saying. It's well documented that most, if not all, psychopaths were involved in torturing animals as a child, therefore if someone is found torturing children, then the high possibility exists that they may go on to be violent towards humans.

So no, torturing animals doesn't *cause* people to become violent killers but it is a good risk indicator for that kind of behaviour. Just like smoking hash doesn't cause someone to move onto heroin, but smoking dope indicates that a person is a higher risk for using stronger drugs in the future.

The key here actually is that animals such as cats, dogs and horses display human-like emotions and anthropomorphic movements, recognisable to humans and which should evoke some form of sympathy.

Much like soldiers in battle, it's very possible for humans to filter out these items and become emotionless about what they're simply used to (thus allowing people to work in abbatoirs and hunt for sport), but to take specific pleasure in inflicting pain and observing the emotional response indicates that there's very little (psychologically) to prevent the person inflicting similar pain on a human for their own enjoyment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

netwhizkid wrote: »
    I love the way people get all uppity over cruelty to animals yet shamelessly eat meat all day and think it is not okay to use the death penalty on humans when they kill another human being. Kill a dog, burn him at the stake, kill a human, treat him like a celeb and say he was not responsible for his actions.

No one should treat an animal like this and anyone who does so is clearly a psychopath and humans will be next on his radar.

The difference is that when we eat meat, the animals were not killed by sadists who take disgusting pleasure in gratuitous violence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

An appropriate punishment for these thugs would be to give them six months in the dog pound in a cage with the most vicious dogs there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

... meh

the animals used to make the sausages for my jumbo breakfast roll didn't have a pleasant life/death either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

Someone should put up posters around Finglas looking for information. I assume these lads are young lads and even a reward of 100euros might encourage one of their mates to turn them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Nuke Finglas. Sure there will be some innocents who die too, but sure they've a good chance of being set on fire anyway, so what's the big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

The difference is that when we eat meat, the animals were not killed by sadists who take disgusting pleasure in gratuitous violence

No instead hundreds are shot daily in slaughterhouses up and down the country. But yeah, one dead dog is a much bigger problem. I wonder would the public be comfortable if thousands of dogs were killed in slaughterhouses on a daily basis?

bSlick wrote: »
    No instead hundreds are shot daily in slaughterhouses up and down the country. But yeah, one dead dog is a much bigger problem. I wonder would the public be comfortable if thousands of dogs were killed in slaughterhouses on a daily basis?

What a stupid stupid point.

Do you think the public would be happy if cows were having petrol poured on them and set on fire and left burn to death?
    Honestly now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

c0rk3r wrote: »

Actually, it's not all that uncommon. Animal cruelty in youth is often one of the identifying factors in sociopathy. Sociopaths are people who are incapable of feeling emapthy and thus cannot abide by the rules the rest of society abides by.

Many sociopath serial killers also tortured animals in their youth (but not all, Dahmner is often quoted as one of these, but he never tortured animals, he would often collect dead animals and disect them to see how they worked).

As refereced in previous posts, it's one part of the McDonald Triad.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Personally if I had my way, these little c#nts should be executed, and if that's not possible, at least set them on fire for a while so they understand what its like.

Who should light the fire?

• Advertisement

destroyer wrote: »
    Who should light the fire?
    I'll do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭powerfade

It's so sad for society I think that there are people out there capable of this. The lack of emotion and feeling for anyone or anything portrayed by these scumbags is scary... I can picture that poor dog suddenly being totally frightened and in pain and wondering what it did wrong. Poor little fellah.

Would love to meet these scumbags with a good crew of lads and give them a right kicking.....

seamus wrote: »
    OK, fair enough, but it doesn't exactly answer my question - Are they both as morally reprehensible as eachother?

Let's take something a little less heinous:
    A cyclist is waiting at a set of lights and the car behind decides to ignore the red and drives into the cyclist, pushing him out of the way.

Assuming that the injuries which result are identical, would you consider the offence to be worse if the person on the bike was a 4 year old child and not a 30 year old man?

This is getting away from my point entirely.
    Let me ask you a question. Do you agree with the more extreme punishments being advocated in this thread and would you be willing to carry them out?

Someone should put up posters around Finglas looking for information. I assume these lads are young lads and even a reward of 100euros might encourage one of their mates to turn them in.

Good Idea, but 'someone should' means no one will.

Id be up for helping, and contributing to a reward fund, I think 500 euro would be more realistic tho, spread amongst us all it wouldn't be much to see these scum caught and dealt with.

I'll do it.

I'll bet you wouldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Size=everything

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Good Idea, but 'someone should' means no one will.

Id be up for helping, and contributing to a reward fund, I think 500 euro would be more realistic tho, spread amongst us all it wouldn't be much to see these scum caught and dealt with.

If boardsies donated even a euro or two each and put in a paypal accout we might be onto something I reckon the media would pick up on it. If no information is recieved it could be given to DSPCA

destroyer wrote: »
    I'll bet you wouldn't

lol, you have no idea who I am or what I'm like.

lol, you have no idea who I am or what I'm like.

well Im guessing your someone who likes to have lowlife scum that set a puppy on fire, know what it feel like to be set on fire.. I'm all up for that.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Scum bags...Ugh

• Advertisement

If boardsies donated even a euro or two each and put in a paypal accout we might be onto something I reckon the media would pick up on it. If no information is recieved it could be given to DSPCA

can a paypal a/c be set for a cause like this, or would someone have to set up a personal a/c, collect, and 'promise' not to keep it and run!?

Advertisement