Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Porte Cat door

Options
  • 10-11-2009 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

This is just a follow up to my old thread "Miccochips" ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055723480

I have now got the door installed into the wall and its working perfectly. Cleo has taken to the new door without any hesitation at all where as Izzy is still a little bit unsure. The door feels a lot more solid and has a stronger magnet than the old one so she's just getting used to it. She still does use it but she sits there for 10 minutes before going out.

The chip scanner is excellent and scans them very quickly so they've had no problems coming in. If they sit there for to long the door will lock again but once they press on the door, it rescans them and lets them in :)

I left out a bowl of tuna (my 2 hate tuna??) last night for the nasty tom that used to sneak in but it was untouch this morning and still untouch when I went home for lunch. It does look like the Tom cat came back as there's a few paw prints on the outside bottom of the patio door! :D

Here's a before and after picture.

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for the update! We've been agonising for ages now about getting some kind of cat flap installed, and this would certainly allay any of our fears of miscellaneous neighbourhood moggies getting in uninvited. The next problem is where to put it, which isn't as easy as it might be due to the layout of the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

That's great!
    Watched the videos and the installation and programing one, love the demonstration kitty:D
    How thick is that wall you have it in?
    Can you program it for more than one cat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

The wall is about 16" thick and you can program it for upto 31 cats but I only need it for 2. :D

Advertisement