Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

• 10-11-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

heya lads.im currently doing a fetac science course and am required to do a weeks work experience.i would love to do something relating to paleontology.any suggestions where i could try?much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Do you have to do it in Ireland?
    If not, i would recommend contacting the London Museum of Matural History or the University of Portsmouth. They both seem to be doing a lot of work related to palaeontology.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

not not neccessarily.its in a few weeks time so it will have to be ireland.but i have another week in February so i will definately look into the Natural History Museum. I was there once, an amazing place. truely fascinating.Cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The only place in Ireland that I'm aware of that has any significant palaeontology stuff to work with would be our own Natural History Museum. They had some nice fossils at their Dead Zoo At Large exhibit. Although the exhibit's run has now finished (to the best of my knowledge), they may still have some palaeontology related things to do. That said, they may not due
    to the museum's ongoing refurbishments.

I also recall students from either UCD or DCU went on a palaeontological excursion to the Shara earlier in the year. They might be worth looking up in case something shows up along those lines.

Advertisement