Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE6 drop down menu list

• 10-11-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭

Is there any way that I can force IE6 (on a work P.C.) to show the full contents of a drop down list rather than the first 6 options?

Some online searching suggests to me that the result may be in the web page design but just wondering if regedit could force a high default view number.

Thank's in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Bodan

I havent used IE6 in years but it sounds like you have personalized Favorites enabled.

To turn it off, try this...
    On the menubar goto Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > and uncheck "Enable Personalized Favorites Menu."

I think I know what you're referring to. Are you running XP? If so, is Windows Classic enabled? Try using one of the Luna schemes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Bodan wrote: »
    I havent used IE6 in years but it sounds like you have personalized Favorites enabled.

To turn it off, try this...
    On the menubar goto Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > and uncheck "Enable Personalized Favorites Menu."
    That option is already turned off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Karsini wrote: »
    I think I know what you're referring to. Are you running XP? If so, is Windows Classic enabled? Try using one of the Luna schemes.
    Yes, running XP (work P.C.), not sure how to change schemes. Will check windows classic.

The drop down list can be extebded by holding the mouse on the bottom right corner and dragging down. I can then select the last entry which is better than typing. Just want the full list automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Bodan

Try and turn off Personalized Menus in XP, this will take those crappy arrows out of all the menus, which most people do.

* Right-click the Taskbar, and choose Properties
    * Click the tab named Start Menu
    * Assuming Classic Start Menu is selected, click the Customize button
    * In the Advanced Start Menu options, uncheck Use Personalized Menus
    * Go back to the start menu tab and select start menu (rather than classic)

persomenus.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement