Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk cannot ship 2nd hand books to Ireland

Options
  • 10-11-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi, Does anyone know why Amazon.co.uk will not let me ship the "Used and New" books to my address in Ireland. You end up having to buy the most expensive book (even though they're all the same book).

So annoying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I don't know, I presume it's being sold by a third party? Maybe they will only ship to the UK. Amazon can be a pain to deal with. They wouldn't ship a rubber dog toy out to me, because of the WEEE charges for some reason.

Try www.abesbooks.com

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭volvilla

Cheers thanks for that site, I actually went from abebook.com to abebooks.co.uk out of convenience for shipping to Ireland. Great site!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Amazon dont ship the 2nd hand books, think of what your saying! They are a conduit for 2nd hand book sellers. Some second hand book sellers wont ship books to Ireland. I buy second hand books from Amazon all the time, now and again you need to try a couple of them, thats all.

So when your in the 2nd hand section, you may see this - someone who 'prolly' wont ship here:

"Delivery: In stock. Dispatched from United Kingdom. See Delivery Rates. See return policy."

You may also see this - who *WILL* ship here:
    "Delivery: In stock. Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available. See Delivery Rates. See return policy. "

But check out the rates, some of them are like ebay, insane...

Advertisement