Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb chops - what to do?

Options
  • 10-11-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

I've been given 4 home grown lamb chops by a neighbour and am planning to cook them tonight. I don't want to do too much to them as I've been promised the meat is incredibly tasty. I was thinking perhaps a olive oil, lemon juice + rosemary marinade and then just pan frying them. I'm not sure what to serve with them though. Any other cooking suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Peas go really well with lamb, and you could have crushed baby potatoes with olive oil, garlic and rosemary (boil the potatoes until tender, slightly crush and add the oil, garlic and rosemary then roast for 20-25 minutes).

My favourite lamb cutlet recipe is smearing both sides with dijon mustard, coating them in brown sugar and then grilling them - delish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

MMmm sounds yummy, my mint plant is turning into a tree so maybe minty peas....Thanks dizzyblonde!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My favourite way with lamb loin chops is under a seriously hot grill for just a a minute or two on each side (until the fat crisps).

Serve with a sprinkle of salt & pepper - nothing else. Don't even use a knife or fork - fingers only. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I'm not a big fan of lamb yet I've recently developed a taste for lamb cutlets on the bbq. The only way I'll eat it is marinaded in a mix of brown sugar and soy sauce and barbecued. Tastes amazing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

I would second Hill Billy's suggestion, if the meat is that good don't over do it with other flavours. Hope it's good and I am jealous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

+1 for doing as little as possible - grilling until still quite pink in the middle. I like a squeeze of lemon or lime juice to cut through the fat.

Also +1 for dizzyblondes crushed baby new potatoes (I saw this in a Nigel Slater column originally, and it is very good...!).

I was really surprised at how good lime can be with lamb, good stuff.

You don't happen to have a link to the slater column do you? It sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sitric wrote: »
    You don't happen to have a link to the slater column do you?

Here you go...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/nigelslater

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Equal quantities of cumin, sea salt and smoked paprika. Sprinkle on and grill on a high heat to crisp the fat but keep the meat rare. Eat with your fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

A lamb chop fresh from under the grill makes a grand breakfast on a Sunday morning especially if he was one of the feckers you reared yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Can;t find the exact column where I read it but google gives me this
    http://www.rhs.org.uk/Gardening/Grow-Your-Own/Nigel-Slater/Recipes/New-potatoes---salami
    (no idea why the salami! but it has the potato recipe).

Those potatoes are fantastic! I left out the salami and olives and just used salt pepper and olive oil. Seriously good. Had made enough for lunch tomorrow but don't think the scraps left in bowl will do it.

Had them with some lamb cutlets and a side of baby tomatoes cooked with some whole cloves of garlic.

Now to roll myself to the pub.....

Advertisement