Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch engineer code

Options
  • 10-11-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Bought a house a few years back with an eircom phonewatch alarm system fitted.It worked fine until one of the door sensors packed in.Got a guy to look at it but said i would need the engineers code for him to replace the sensor without too much fuss.Otherwise,he would have to crash the system and re-programme it(could see the euros mounting up here).Does this sound right? Anybody got the code?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Engineer code is required to replace a sensor. With Phonewatch everyones engineer code is different & is baced on the customer account number. Were you left any paperwork for the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

None,and have no contact details for previous owners:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bought a house a few years back with an eircom phonewatch alarm system fitted.It worked fine until one of the door sensors packed in.Got a guy to look at it but said i would need the engineers code for him to replace the sensor without too much fuss.Otherwise,he would have to crash the system and re-programme it(could see the euros mounting up here).Does this sound right? Anybody got the code?

Hi JohnnyCrash,

Do you know what system is installed in the house ?

Most systems are easy to default and reset. A call out to reset the alarm and the fee for the sensor should not cost you more than €160. You should also get him to program the alarm to ring your phone if it activates, thats if you have a land line in the house..

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Its a HKC Securewatch

Its a HKC Securewatch

That should be no problem for an installer to do. Should cost about €120 as it is a wired system. I will send you a pm with info regarding the eng code..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SuperStriker

Is it possible to figure out engineers code if you know the account number for phonewatch?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes! PM me your customer number.

Is it possible to figure out engineers code if you know the account number for phonewatch?

If you ring there customer service number 1850753753 and give them your password they will give it to you over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SuperStriker

Koolkid and alter Many thanks for the instant replies.
    I have plenty to work with now. I did not try the customer service as I was misguided by a Phonewatch sales person. I was told that the company can not give away the engineers code for security reasons.
    Now I have two potential engineer's codes and can also try the customer service if those codes do not work.
    Thanks again for all the help. SuperStriker

Your welcome Super Striker,
    If you need further help give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 alanhunt99

I have an eircom alarm and some time back an engineer changed my 0#7 function for arming silently to arming with a ringing sound for 30 secs.
    Eircom are telling me that 0#7 has to sound for 30 secs and it can't be changed to alarm silently. I don't believe them and was wondering if anyone has done this or can shed any light on this for me

Tks

I have answered this for you in the home security section

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭martinosullivan

I have a GE Security Simon XT wireless panel provided by Phone watch.

I have the engineers / installers code.

How do I change the code, as this is the one which was set by Phone watch.

Also is there a specific place on the menus where I will be asked to enter the engineers code?

Is this like being root user on a Linux box? will I see different options once I enter the engineer /installers code?

I have a GE Security Simon XT wireless panel provided by Phone watch.

I have the engineers / installers code.

How do I change the code, as this is the one which was set by Phone watch.

Also is there a specific place on the menus where I will be asked to enter the engineers code?

Is this like being root user on a Linux box? will I see different options once I enter the engineer /installers code?

Here is a link to the user manual off the system you have installed.
    System programming is were you enter the codes. Each code will bring you into the different locations, e.g. engineer mode or user mode.
    Any problems let us know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement