Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else heading to the Heineken gig in Carlow?

• 10-11-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Many people heading from Waterford to the Heineken gig in Carlow on Thurs? Great line-up! May possibly have room in my car if people want to car pool!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

hoping to go but still not sure about tix. Looking forward to it though. Enjoyed the last event up there, coincidently Vitalic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36 vitalic

I may have a spare ticket, I will know by tomorrow evening so will let you know if so!

Oh nice one... I missed that gig, was gutted!! In fairness to Heineken they organise great gigs... too bad I don't drink beer!!

that's cool. In fairness I'd prob need 2 tix so I can bring 'her indoors' but will likely welcome the offer if available.
    Yea they do some nice events for sure. I've managed to get to a bunch of them at this stage. David Holmes in Galway, Vitalic in Carlow, Babyshambles and Friendly Fires in town here being my faves to date.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on the ticket situation, turns out we will be using all three tickets, sorry about that. Hope you get sorted!

Ah that Friendly Fires gig was class, they were rocking plus I loved how they did up the Forum, great atmosphere! Could do with more of those events in Waterford!

hey it's all cool. enjoy the gig and report back just in case I don't make it.
    many thanks also for the offer to folks of a lift, cool thing to do, take the rest of the day off :)
    I'll may get tix but am at the moment dealing with a pretty messed up back so it would be in my interest to avoid opportunities to show off all my latest dance moves :p ... then again, that never stopped me in the past, a few extra Nurofen plus and away we go :D

• Advertisement

Well did you make it in the end? Cracking night, just a pity Miike Snow didn't play a bit longer, and he lost the crowd with his last track... a bit too experimental! Digitalism were great too, kept the crowd going, although towards the end I'd say a lot of people would have danced to a car alarm such were the eyes like saucers :rolleyes: Quite a young crowd too, or am I just getting old?? Another great show from Heineken!

nope, never made it due to the back issues unfortunately.
    love the comment re the eyes like saucers and car alarms.

if memory serves me correctly the last Carlow event was largely attended by a younger audience, I was probably the oldest person there. They sure love their dance music up there. Big audience for techno in Carlow.

I've 2 tix for the Cork event tonight that you're welcome to. Sh1t Biscuit interests me but again my back would just cave in. No amount of Nurofen plus or other meds would keep me upright at this stage.

Might try to scrape myself up off the bed for the thing up in barrack st tomorrow night if ya happen to be up there.

Was my first time in Dinn Ri, couldn't get over what a good venue it is.. in Carlow of all places (nothing against Carlow, just wouldn't have thought such a venue would have been there!)

Oh thanks a mill, I actually have tickets for tonight in Cork too but don't think I'll be using them either, the thought of driving in this weather not too appealing from the coziness of the house here!

What's going on in Barrack St tomorrow?

the Barrack st thing is as per Waterford Today 11.11.09 page 26
    in Ryans
    Techno - Electro - House
    audio clash, bunch of DJ folks

never been up there before and will prob be old enough to be someone's dad but that's rock n' roll for ya :)

Ah unfortunately won't be in Waterford tomorrow which is a pity as I'd be all for supporting this sort of thing!! Never heard of Ryan's before... Sounds a bit random to be having an electro evening in a local but better than nothing!! Let me know how it goes and mind your back!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement