Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kebab a la home

Options
  • 10-11-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

hey

does anyone know if you can buy the chili red n yogurty sauce u get in a doner kebab from the chipper ? im trying to do it home style!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

You will get a better response on the food and drink forum

Here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=610

i have reported your post and asked a mod to move when they come online :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This was moved from the Dublin City forum. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I've often wondered how they make that garlic'y sauce that they put on kebabs and garlic-chips. Tried to find out online before but with no joy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

foto joe wrote: »
    I've often wondered how they make that garlic'y sauce that they put on kebabs and garlic-chips. Tried to find out online before but with no joy...

This is yummy.

Quick and Easy Garlic Mayonnaise
    For those of you who don’t want to make your own mayonnaise from scratch, start with store-bought mayo. Take ¾ cup of mayo, ¼ teaspoon of salt, 1 mashed garlic clove, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne and ¼ cup of chopped basil. Combine all the ingredients except mayo in a blender. Then combine the mayo and the processed ingredients. Refrigerate the garlic mayo before serving.

Its exactly like the chipper garlic sauce. I had no cayenne or basil and it was still yummy scrummy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i prefer to roast the garlic off in the oven for 15-20 minutes first to take the edge off it before crushing it when making garlic mayo, raw garlic can be a little too intense imho.

also if you want to make it a little more liquid for dipping etc. just add a tiny amount of water to it and stir it in.

i've tried using all sorts of different liquids to thin it down, but a drop of water seems to do the best job of it by far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement