Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best spurs team of the premiership era

Options
  • 10-11-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

dunno if this has been done b4 but here goes
    robinson
    carr king mabbutt zeige

lennon modric palacios ginola

klinsmann sheringham

went for palacios as he has shown he could be great for us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

This would not be my all time best 11 but seeing as the Premiership only started in 1992, it will have to do.

Robinson

Carr - King - Mabbutt - BAE

Lennon - Palacios - Modric - Ginola

Klinsman - Sheringham
    Subs: Berbatov, Keane, Defoe, Campbell, Freund, Thorstvedt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

defo not the best team ever but it makes interesting none the less...i would have gone for campell bar the defection...would you have fruend?????? tough tackler alrite but didnt think he had much else

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Omitting Judas? Also, Anderton when fit was pretty good.

yes im omitting him...anderton was good but he just never played enough games for us.....poor old sicknote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Yep looks about right. Campbell would be in based on ability but ofcourse you could never include. Similarly, Carr spent too long sulking that he want his 'big move' before eventually joining Newcastle!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Yep looks about right. Campbell would be in based on ability but ofcourse you could never include. Similarly, Carr spent too long sulking that he want his 'big move' before eventually joining Newcastle!!

That's a bit harsh, Carr was with the club 11 years and well over 200 apps.

Plus who can forget his cracker against united. he was one of my first true heroes. Kinda sad since he is onlt 6 years older then me.

I would never ecen mention him in the same breath as cambell not much of a big move seeing as Newcastle only offered 2m for him.

ziedth wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh, Carr was with the club 11 years and well over 200 apps.

Plus who can forget his cracker against united. he was one of my first true heroes. Kinda sad since he is onlt 6 years older then me.

I would never ecen mention him in the same breath as cambell not much of a big move seeing as Newcastle only offered 2m for him.
    I remember that goal, i was directly in line with it as it arrowed into the top corner!

Yes I agree with you, he was a great servant and player for many years.

However he left under a real cloud as he sulked for at least 2 seasons before he left and now gets a terrible reception from the crowd. I went to an away game at Newcastle and the whole Spurs away support were giving him dogs abuse for the whole game.

Exactly, he was pining for a big move for years and then all he got was Newcastle, v.funny!

i'll never forget that goal either super strike..yeah carr did engineer his move away and all he got was newcastle...quietly doing well at birmingham now though...its hard to pick a good left back though...i loved tarricco...but not for his footballing ability hahahaha..we always called him deuce bigolo for his striking resemblence to him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'll never forget that goal either super strike..yeah carr did engineer his move away and all he got was newcastle...quietly doing well at birmingham now though...its hard to pick a good left back though...i loved tarricco...but not for his footballing ability hahahaha..we always called him deuce bigolo for his striking resemblence to him

I always thought he was vey underratted as a player TBH, I think I remember hearing when he was with westham he got a very bad injury and as opposed to just finishing out his contract getting paid for being injured he asked to be released as it was the decent thing todo.

If true I can't imagine any of the big heroes of the game doing that.

thats what he did yeah but want it with ipswich went he went back..i think i cant remember...he feckin loved a tackle didnt he...typical argie

• Advertisement

thats what he did yeah but want it with ipswich went he went back..i think i cant remember...he feckin loved a tackle didnt he...typical argie
    Hows about Pat Van den Hauwe - he played in the 92/93 season, 1st year of the Prem. He was a physco!

good old pat...lllooovvveeedddd a tackle....and an elbow...and body check and so on hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

think the keane and berbatov strike parnership takes some beating ladsbut only as a duel strike force. i know how good teddy and klinsmann were but i cant rememberin 2 strikers having such a great undrstanding of each others play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Robinson
    Carr Campbell King BAE
    Anderton Carrick Palacios Ginola
    Berbatov Sheringham

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Gonng back to the Carr debate, I think that we saw two Stephen Carrs. Before that long-term injury, he was skinning full-backs for fun and would definitely make my team. However when he returned he seemed to have lost his confidence and just passed square as soon as an opposing player came towards him (with the odd thunder-strike as an exception of course!!)

Advertisement