Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

friday dunshacklin 10k,,,havent done a 10km race in ages,last one was in 2009 in intel(52 mins),so decided to try and at least knock a couple of mins off it without tryin to kill meself.the start line was a veritable whos who of road runners,had a short chat to the two legends from sli cuillan and a quick hello to tunguska and a chat to meno and digger who was sportin the green tee shirt;) and surrounded by a load of boards honyz.bell went and off we go ,ran the first km with dis group and decided to push on, though with the disclaimer of i may see ye in a few miles and some mild abuse from meno.got to halfway in 23:30 and was wondering were the hell does all the down hill come from and was expectin some form of monster hill to come ,but thankfully never materialised,finished in 46:46 and needed oxygen at the finish,but seein as there was none, had some strawberrys and cream instead ,happy enuf with my time,and must do more of these lungbuster races,nice bit of tea+ grub and chat afterwards...
    rtd..128
    mtd..1259.9
    tof..1103.46

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Well done Anto. A nice chunk off your PB. You want to be taking a break from that long stuff; you have a knack for the shorter faster distances. I'm getting great mileage out of my green top too. Cars stop and let me cross the road. Dogs cower in fear. What colour is next years top?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Long or short, you are such an inspiration . Keep at it , so we will too .:)

What colour is next years top?
    toying with d idea of candy pink

three runs of 2 mile,4 mile and a 8 miles in lanzerote with a mountain thrown in and too much gorganzola and beer
    rtd..131
    mtd..1273
    tof..1105

• Advertisement

Thought of you at the weekend with all the Donadea tops flying past me all the time.I can identify them all from the rear now but am not great at recognising them from the front.
    Candy tops would match the faces at the end of 50k :p

tuesday..1 mile warm up and den 2.5 at pmp and 1 cool down.... 4.5
    rtd..132
    mtd..1277.5
    tof.. 1105.35

wednesday...3.5 at 8....3.5
    thurs +fri write off
    sat... 5.5 w/t 3 at 8...5.5
    rtd..134
    mtd..1286.5
    tof..1107

sun...slog of a 3.5 mile run:o...3.5
    rtd..135
    mtd,,1290
    tof..1107.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Thought of you at the weekend with all the Donadea tops flying past me all the time.I can identify them all from the rear now but am not great at recognising them from the front.

Are you referring to the tops or the runners? :p

• Advertisement

Aimman wrote: »
    Are you referring to the tops or the runners? :p

LOL the runners. I could pass an arse and gait analysis test on any of them and Id come out with honours :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ultraman1 wrote: »
    toying with d idea of candy pink

Anything but red. Thanks.

monday. 1m w/u and 3 at mp 1m w/d ....5
    tuesday..sposed to do 9 mile with 4 at hm pace,but blew up after 1.5:o carried on at mp and waddled home with 8
    mtd...1303
    rtd..137
    tof...1109

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

monday. 1m w/u and 3 at mp 1m w/d ....5
    tuesday..sposed to do 9 mile with 4 at hm pace,but blew up after 1.5:o carried on at mp and waddled home with 8
    mtd...1303
    rtd..137
    tof...1109

MP Miles eh? what's the plan, racing DCM?

but blew up after 1.5:o carried on at mp and waddled home with 8
    Isn't it the phrase 'Woddled home with 8'?

menoscemo wrote: »
    racing DCM?
    sixmilebridge

wed ..3 x 3.3 mile laps of the town so i could check on the kids,looking forward to mondays rest day already:o,have run more in the past 7 days than i have in the previous 4 weeks .....10
    rtd..138
    mtd..1313
    tof..1110.5

thursday,,,easy 5 mile recovery...ready for the showdown wit eammo now:)..5
    rtd..139
    mtd..1318
    tof..1111:20

friday..nice 11+ mile run with eammo around the badlands of the kildare countryside,with a bit of celebrity house spotting and 1 speedy mile with our bellys in and shoulders out as we passed a hot chick and finished with a nice mrs um1 curry and eton mess ,but no beer:( to wash it down...... 11.2
    rtd..140
    mtd..1319.2
    tof..1113

friday..nice 11+ mile run with eammo around the badlands of the kildare countryside,with a bit of celebrity house spotting and 1 speedy mile with our bellys in and shoulders out as we passed a hot chick and finished with a nice mrs um1 curry and eton mess ,but no beer:( to wash it down...... 11.2
    rtd..140
    mtd..1319.2
    tof..1113

Really enjoyed the run, food was yum.

• Advertisement

sat, ...zilch,,,wrkin at a bbq for the day and got paid in heiniken and drank my pay :),so forgo'd my recovery run
    sunday,,,had "mentioned" to ollie and charlotte about a run on sunday mornin earlier in the week,but didnt confirm...got the wakeup call at 6:30 and the wrds "b dere in 10" and fecker hung up,was in a jocker but had to get up,got downstairs and the dogpup im mindin for a neighbour left me loads of presents all over the gaf:mad:,,was supposed to do 15/16 but at the pace they were goin i new i wouldnt last dat,managed to keep up for 7 miles before they relented and slowd down to a managable pace,,,,13 in 1:42,
    week 1 review,, 52 miles:happy enuf to hit the milage,but found it hard to hit the pace....
    rtd...141
    mtd..1332
    tof..1114:40

Was wide awake from 5:30 this morning, I was half tempted to text you to see if you were still heading out at 7. Well done on half marathon pb by the way. ;)

Aimman wrote: »
    Was wide awake from 5:30 this morning, I was half tempted to text you to see if you were still heading out at 7. Well done on half marathon pb by the way. ;)
    cant take it as didnt do the .1.....

monday... 22km cycle
    tuesday ...moxy day at wrk,only manged 4+:mad::mad:...4
    rtd..142
    tof..1115.15
    mtd..1336

tuesday ...moxy day at wrk,only manged 4+:mad::mad:...4
    wed am....up at the crack to do rest of last nite session inc 5 x 100(ish) leggin it bits...4+
    rtd..143
    mtd..1340
    tof..1116

wed pm...9.5 miles at just above mp...hr all over the gaf,will pu itt up to dis mornins run....9.5
    rtd.144.
    mtd..1349.5
    tof..117:15

thurs...8 mile recovery run,effin roastin...8
    rtd..145
    mdt..1357.5
    tof..118:25

friday donadea 5km x 2... 6.2
    sat....6 miles in the park...6
    sunday met mstew for a sneaki 6 miles up and down every hill in in killiney..6
    rtd..148
    mtd..1375,7
    tof..121
    wk 2 review,,,only 42 miles dure to to other commitments:mad:,but hit some pace bands if not d milage..

monday,,,zilch
    tuesday...met eammon for an 8 in the park,bumpd into the one time runner RQ who declined our invite so her tri runners wudnt get dirty,nice mucky route,most miles in the 8 min range apart from eammos sprint finish.....8
    rtd..149
    mtd..1382.7
    tof...122.1
    minus i mile for bad
    measurin on sat

• Advertisement

monday,,,zilch
    tuesday...met eammon for an 8 in the park,bumpd into the one time runner RQ who declined our invite so her tri runners wudnt get dirty,nice mucky route,most miles in the 8 min range apart from eammos sprint finish.....8
    rtd..149
    mtd..1382.7
    tof...122.1
    minus i mile for bad
    measurin on sat

Think I'll put 6 inch nails through the runners next time we do the parameter route in the park. Not normal to be wading through so much muck in summer.

Advertisement