Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

sunday ..eddie murphy double....started off ok and lack of long runs started to kick in at mile 20,as pace dropped condsiderably,finished 1st mara at 3:47:xx and was lookin for an exit strategy soon after,was eatin painkillers like jelly babies as me back was in bits,atrocious weather and was tuffest race i ever did,2nd mara in 5:14:xx....52.4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

ultraman1 wrote: »
    sunday ..eddie murphy double....started off ok and lack of long runs started to kick in at mile 20,as pace dropped condsiderably,finished 1st mara at 3:47:xx and was lookin for an exit strategy soon after,was eatin painkillers like jelly babies as me back was in bits,atrocious weather and was tuffest race i ever did,2nd mara in 5:14:xx....52.4

Massive congrats on finishing it in spite of the back pain. I hope you're on the mend soon. Very tough day at the office, you were extremely unlucky with the conditions.

Not to add salt to your wounds but.... according to Meno you were pipped you at the post, by Finn, is this true?;) You'll have to come back out to Killiney and run some of those hills so we can sort that out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ELFOYZER

Fair play UM, great effort and mental strength. You're some horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Fantastic 1st marathon time. Pb on a double. You are some man.
    Will forgive you for trying to prevent my crossing the mat. Im telling myself that was what was happening and that you werent trying to elbow me out of the way.LOl

Marthastew wrote: »
    .... according to Meno

as me ma wud say"he says more dan his prayers"...finn had a great race,i didnt know she was on her last lap aswell,other wise i wud of gotten outta her way..

• Advertisement

Fantastic 1st marathon time. Pb on a double. You are some man.
    Will forgive you for trying to prevent my crossing the mat. Im telling myself that was what was happening and that you werent trying to elbow me out of the way.LOl
    dat finish line guy was tryin to high five me and my arm went across u,my apoligies..

Not a bother. I was more than thrilled to be finishing with you . :D

Wouldn't have made the Donadea 50 cutoff though. Think I was about 5:03 at the 50k mark.

Wouldn't have made the Donadea 50 cutoff though.
    as a former donadea winner and reigning double marathon champion,u wont have to worry about cut offs...........................but now i know why u were gettin me locked on sat night and kept bangin thw wall durin the night:)

as a former donadea winner and reigning double marathon champion,u wont have to worry about cut offs...........................but now i know why u were gettin me locked on sat night and kept bangin thw wall durin the night:)

Seems I just have to try to outlive the opposition.!!! and make sure there arent any more than 2 women entered :rolleyes:

thurs...easy 3+ miles and back to the pool for 1st tim in two weeks,did 500mtrs,1/2 with a pull bhoy ...3
    rtd..224
    mtd..1973
    tof..1871:25

• Advertisement

friday..90 min cycle,first time in the sissy shoes and didnt fall,but feet were efffin freezin,must buy a helmet,dora the explorer with tape over her just wont do,and a 30min swim,mostly with pull bhoy ,,,,

sat urday....5 mile run after wrk....5
    sunday.....40 min swim...
    monday....4.5 mile run...4.51982.5
    tuesay am..1 2 1 session in nac
    ....pm.....6.5 miles around naas
    rtd,,227
    mtd,,1989
    tof..1873.45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

tuesay am..1 2 1 session in nac

You cant list an hour on the Black Hole slide a session, rumour has it you even took the lift up to the top each time.

Aimman wrote: »
    You cant list an hour on the Black Hole slide a session, rumour has it you even took the lift up to the top each time.

Dont the steps class as hill training :rolleyes:

wed...cold 5.5 easy miles around clane,...5.5..
    rtd..228
    mtd..1994.5
    tof..1874:35

thurs,,,,cold sneaki around clane...5.75
    rtd,,229
    mtd..2000.25
    tof..1875.20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

thurs,,,,cold sneaki around clane...5.75
    rtd,,229
    mtd..2000.25
    tof..1875.20
    Congrats on the 2k mtd!

friday..coachd swim in the nac,,those 50mtre lenghts are loooong..1600m

You will have to start adjusting your stats to include swims as well.
    BTW are you learning from scratch or just improving at a fab rate of knots( pardon the pun)

BTW are you learning from scratch
    could swim about a lenght at a go and was very good at floating.

• Advertisement

sat 1.5 hr cycle .. only fell off once wen talkin to a hot woman at traffic lights,

sunday..1hr50 cycle,feet effin numb,feet soakd through,,now for some morning beer:)...

There is selenium in beer, which is good for recovery.

There is selenium in beer, which is good for recovery.
    ran outta beer:D,is there any nutrition in carolans irish cream:o

Just discovered what a pull buoy was. I thought it was like a bucket on a rope that you pulled behind you .:oWas mightily impressed that you could swim so far with such drag.:D

Just discovered what a pull buoy was
    just glad i spelt it right:o

tues,,early mornin swim and evening 5 mile run...5
    wednes,,,bike spin from ballyer to ucd and back
    rtd,,230
    mtd,,2005
    tof..1876:10

thursday 500mtr swim after wrk
    friday.... 700mtr swimm

sat... pacin clon mara for 5hrs,actually came in on time this time,but have no proof as i didnt put on me chip,had to do it the old fashioned way as didnt put on my paceband and garmin broke b4 race,so was using stopwatch and the sun and a few mathamaticl theories,nice route and very hilly,not easy with a hang over,wont be tryin to keep up with the mayo and cork boys again,though i think they were on the n/a's,,,, 26
    rtd,,231
    mtd,,2031
    tof..1881:10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

sat... pacin clon mara for 5hrs,actually came in on time this time,but have no proof as i didnt put on me chip,had to do it the old fashioned way as didnt put on my paceband and garmin broke b4 race,so was using stopwatch and the sun and a few mathamaticl theories,nice route and very hilly,not easy with a hang over,wont be tryin to keep up with the mayo and cork boys again,though i think they were on the n/a's,,,, 26
    rtd,,231
    mtd,,2031
    tof..1881:10

Pussy. Stop ordering more drinks just to keep up with real men.
    well done though, on the Carol Vordeman maths on the go with the stopwatch.

Advertisement