Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

This log sounds like it should be in the tri-forum.

(Oh, nice photo coming out of the water that Kurt snapped of you in December. Based on the composition of the content, I'm guessing it was pretty cold out there that day. ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Where you doing the swimming? One on one sessions?
    kindasorta,,do them at Donameade .my cousin,who u probley know ,(had d twins a don50k) and partner are long distance ow swimmers,do the classes for ow swimmers getting ready for the ow season..
    Dory Dory wrote: »
    This log sounds like it should be in the tri-forum.

(Oh, nice photo coming out of the water that Kurt snapped of you in December. Based on the composition of the content, I'm guessing it was pretty cold out there that day. ;))
    im not ready for the dark side yet.....and they probley wouldnt let me in after dat foto:o

ultraman1 wrote: »

im not ready for the dark side yet.....and they probley wouldnt let me in after dat foto:o

Nah....just rechecked photo....any one with that "out there" attitiude can certainly hold their own w/the tri guys. Your card will be waiting for you at the front desk when you are ready to take the walk to the dark side. ;)

saturda...30 min turbo..
    sunday...met eammon for a 10 mile loop of griffen park,canal,neilstown,liffey valley, n4 motorway and back to lucan for a feast of meatballs,potato gratin followed by baked cheese-cake,flambe'd berries and choc chip ice cream,,,,was wrecked during run and kneww i was in trouble wen eammo sprinted off at 11min mile pace and left me for dead on the liffy vally off ramp:o,,,,,,10
    rtd..40
    mtd,,291.6
    tof..42:50

monday...out for a run,after 1mile on me knes and outta breath:confused:,managed 4 miles,am thinkin its my new codine dependency..4
    rtd..41
    mtd..295.6
    tof..43:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

monday...out for a run,after 1mile on me knes and outta breath:confused:,managed 4 miles,am thinkin its my new codine dependency..4

Are you sure you don't mean Chlorine dependency? You're very fond of the swimming lately. I noticed your fingers were starting to web together the other day.

tues...had p;anned to swim,but got a call for a freebie ki massages....nice
    wednes...2hrs runnin around cruagh and tirbradden and some othe hills with charlotte,was like a rhino chasin a hare,,,10
    rtd,,42
    mtd,,305
    r
    tof..45.50

thurs,,,45 min turbo
    friday,,,after droppin my eldest to her first disco:(...swimm session was couple of 400 sets and a couple of 200 and a warm up and down,was bollixd at the end with a red face,,,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

She's probably kissing her 7th different boy of the night by now. :)

She's probably kissing her 7th different boy of the night by now. :)
    dats at least 7 seven dead little feckers so,,,,cant wait till one of em knocks on my door,,translate dis clip into a scene from spiddal road...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4pIJtt48g4

• Advertisement

sat...5 miles with hr test of 3 x .5m at 7min/miles,av 82%,,will prob head out at 1:40 pace and run eyeballs out with 4 or 5 miles left...5
    rtd...43
    mtd.310
    to f46:30,

pb beer tastes nice:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

pb beer tastes nice:D:D

Well done anto. You are now officially qualified for pacing 2hr Half Marathons ;)

sun...bohermeam 1/2...havent legged it in a half marain a few years(newry 2009) so had dis race in d pipeline as a sneaki race and a hr test.lined up at the start and had to move back a bit due to the over whelmin smell of perfume from the adoring 1:30 trr groupies and their worried looking husbands,,managed to keep it even 7:30 pace for 10/11 miles and started to creep up a bit and managed to get in at 139:27(watch time),,13
    rtd,,44
    tof..48:10
    mtd..323

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Was that you with a tea cosy on your head Ultraman? Think I finished just in front of you?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Was that you with a tea cosy on your head Ultraman? Think I finished just in front of you?
    a lama wool hat all the from the top of everest,knitted by maidens,,,dat was me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Giz a shout for that run through beautiful Ballymun and Santry some evening!

monday...easy 4.5 around d badlands of clane,pill'n my self up for a nice trip to get a wisdom tooth out.......whats the most common time for people to get a tooth out?..answers please....4.5
    mtd..327.5
    rtd,,,45
    tof..48:45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

whats the most common time for people to get a tooth out?..answers please....

Around the time it starts to hurt.

2:30

• Advertisement

2:30
    too thhurty :o

tuesday,,,6 miles after celabrations and b4 dinner...6
    wed......8 miles after work,only 1 more bottle of wine left in the gaf to be drank tonite,after dat im dry......8
    rtd..2.
    mtd...14
    tof..2:00
    this years races that have a purpose
    bohermeen 1/2 march 3rd
    wicklow way ultra march 23rd march
    conn ultra april 7th
    french ultra fest 72hr may 8th
    lee swim 6th july
    bangor 24hr 19th july(wife permitting)
    liffy swim august 18
    brittas bay tri early sept

:mad:,,havent got the long miles required for this one done and havent ran since monday and wont run till nxt thursday,so this one is out and mite drop down to wicklowway trail:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Gosh I had a big intake of breath when I saw that on your list. (72, gasp:eek:)
    There is an ultra on in Donegal that weekend , similar to Connemara if you are interested.
    Good luck with the Wicklow way, I need to get started on trails myself too, so any advice would be most welcome:)

^^^^ Ah ha! :D I see those two swim events and the one tri event sprinkled amongst the running races. ;) You're not fooling anyone Mr. Ultraman. With this running forum/tri forum menage a trois gig you got going on here it appears you're already living in the dark side. :)

^^^^ Ah ha! :D I see those two swim events and the one tri event sprinkled amongst the running races. ;) You're not fooling anyone Mr. Ultraman. With this running forum/tri forum menage a trois gig you got going on here it appears you're already living in the dark side. :)
    im just getting ready for the move and mite go for a short vacation during the winter/spring months in the darkside ....cant go in without any credentials

im just getting ready for the move and mite go for a short vacation during the winter/spring months in the darkside ....cant go in without any credentials

I've seen a certain photo (and have it saved under "miscellaneous and sundry bits and bobs and the contradiction that lies within...")....I can vouch for your credentials. ;)

I've seen a certain photo (and have it saved under "miscellaneous and sundry bits and bobs and the contradiction that lies within...")....I can vouch for your credentials. ;)
    :o....but u didnt see the aftermath of me shiverin and cryin like a baby being comforted by kd

tuesday...just over 3 miles around clane,was wrecked and 15min turbo,,,note to self-1,order smaller cake off ally and 2,run more
    rtd,,46
    mtd,,331
    tof.. 49:15

thursday,,,had loads to do today,only got in 4.5 miles in evening,can feel, every step in my toothens:mad:...4.5
    rtd,,47
    mtd..335.5
    tof..49:45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

thursday,,,had loads to do today,only got in 4.5 miles in evening,can feel, every step in my toothens:mad:...4.5
    rtd,,47
    mtd..335.5
    tof..49:45
    Try cloves for the tooth - burns a bit but works !

Advertisement