Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Have you promised Gerry Duffy free entry next year if he keeps mentioning Donadea in Fit magazine;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Marthastew wrote: »
    Have you promised Gerry Duffy free entry next year if he keeps mentioning Donadea in Fit magazine;)
    didnt see that,wat was he sayin.....usually charge him double,for letting a tri-guy run with real runners:D

friday,,,a.m easi 10 mile cycle with d ceo of eoi...
    p.m..first swim in two weeks and got promoted to lane two,where i had to kill meself tryin not to be overtaken bout 1200mtrs inc w/u and w/d,was effin wrecked...,note to self ,must take this swimin a bit more serious..

sat...feelin wrecked all day in wrk and lookin for excuses not to run wen i got home,lit the fire,put on a wash,hid me runners,.....eventually went out and decided to just wear a vest so id have to put the effort in,got a good 6 in with a cuple of leggin bits....6+
    rtd..48
    mtd,,341.5
    tof..50:30

ultraman1 wrote: »
    decided to just wear a vest
    bad move ,die'n wit man flu now lookin at d turbo with a suenamy of snots bale'n down me face...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Should have kept the bottoms on :eek:

monday...40 min easy turbo
    tuesday...cold and snowy bike ride from clondalkin to maynooth,,feet were like blocks of ice,,,

wed....mite as well start trainin again...12 miles around donadea and townslands,first longish run since bohermeen and am not lookin forward to the last 38 miles in conn:eek:...12
    rtd..49
    mtd,,353
    tof..53:20

thurs,,,4 mile track session...4
    rtd,50
    mtd..357
    tof..54

fri...0
    sat wickla way (1/2)ultra,,,,,got to turnaround point in 3:45,and decided i didnt need another 4 hrs of misery, ...15+
    rtd..51
    tof..57:45
    mtd..372

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

sat wickla way (1/2)ultra,,,,,got to turnaround point in 3:45,and decided i didnt need another 4 hrs of misery, ...15+

Pussy :P

sunday....uppy front bits of legs very stiff..5 mile warm up before clongowes 5km,finishid in circa 22:30,,happy enuf with dat,wind was woefull, and den a nice 3 mile w/d with the winner....11
    rtd..52
    mtd..#373
    tof..59:30

monday..legs still fairly stiff:confused: so just went to pool and did a bit of swim
    tuesday....1+ tuirbo hour watching the soccerball...
    rtd..52
    mtd..373
    tof..59:30
    way down on milage as opposed to last years stats at this day last year,better get aforementioned finger out
    rtd..#74
    mtd..553
    tof..83:50

wed...snowy 7+ miles,,met a speedier clubmate ,so had to run a bit harder than planned:)...7...20 weeks til race:eek:
    rtd..53
    mtd.380
    tof..60:20

thurs...stuck for time ,so just 5+ miles
    rtd..54
    tof..61
    mtd..385

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I think you have the most streamlined log on here! ;):)

friday..only 7.5 miles(but felt like 700) due to monster hangova brought on by budweiser(24 cans for 24€,so the host said)didnt have to drink it but im weak......7.5
    rtd..55
    mtd..392.5
    tof..62

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I think you have the most streamlined log on here! ;):)
    my running at the moment is like functional sex,,has to be done but not enjoyable,so any descriptions of runs would be the polar opposite of the martastewesqe school of log writing

my running at the moment is like functional sex,,has to be done but not enjoyable,so any descriptions of runs would be the polar opposite of the martastewesqe school of log writing

"Functional sex"?? :eek: Functional sex?? Ahhhh, it's what you make of it, really. I can PM you later if you need some tips and ideas. ;)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I can PM you later if you need some tips and ideas. ;)

pm me?,,skype is yir only man:)....

• Advertisement

pm me?,,skype is yir only man:)....

Now you're talking.... ;)

Hey My running etc isn't going so well either , put me on this new list ;)

sat,,,sunny 4.5 mile loop of clane,got d new flashy inspires,feel a lot lighter ,but not as supporty,hope they dont eff me up...4.5
    rtd..56
    mtd.397
    tof.62:35

sun,, 10 x 1 mile loops of ballyer hill......,if the previous runs were functional,this was like being the candy at ken and franks get out of prison party,this loop is gonna be be one of the east of ireland marathon routes...http://connect.garmin.com/activity/291365025 and is not for the faint hearted,...10.5
    rtd..57
    tof..64:15
    mtd...407

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Seriously? That is going to be one of the routes? That is cruel.

Seriously? That is going to be one of the routes? That is cruel.
    frank is a bad bad man.....

monday...met up with eammo and did 6 laps of hell hill and a 2 mile warm down up laurences hill and back thro lower ballyer...8
    rtd..58
    mtd..415
    tof..65:25

Next time I go to Dublin, I'm going to take this road and check this hill out . Am getting nervous just reading about it :eek:

sun,,,conn ultra,,,happy enuf finishing dis in one piece due to woeful lack of long runs,pain came fairly early amd went into survival mode after marathon point ,finished in 6:29...39+
    rtd..59
    mtd..454
    tof..72

• Advertisement

Well done Ultraman. Sorry I wasnt there to push you on a bit at the finish.;)

Advertisement