Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

sat pm...erdinger,tapas and some eurovision
    sunday met up witht eric for a early morn w/u before EOI marathon in clontarf,did 11.5+ to get us back to the clontarf with 10 mins to spare for start of race,sun came out and gave me an alex ferguason nose plus a bit of deyhydration,,pain didnt come till about 30 miles and finished with 38 for the day and a mara time of 4:12 and den off to marshall at local 5k...38...(great race set up and will defo do more if i can get a spot)
    monday..easy/recovery 10 miles along canal from sallins to prosperous and back....10
    rtd,,95
    tof,,#122
    mtd,,785

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Awesome going . YOu will do big mileage in Belfast at this rate of going . Well done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Yeah he finished very fresh looking. Poor Eric an hour behind him but they both done very well. Faster average time than Conn ultra for the 38 miles anto ?

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Yeah he finished very fresh looking. Poor Eric an hour behind him but they both done very well. Faster average time than Conn ultra for the 38 miles anto ?
    think running time was 5:50,on me knees for last 2 miles,wud of been quicker only got 3 fone calls and had to stop and pretend i was in wrk:o..

tuesday..met up with the don at stepaside,ran up towards 3rock,stopped at some god forsaken hill and did 5 x repeats,1st 1 was ok,by the 3rd one i was pretendin to look at the crystal clear view all the way to the mourne mts,while breathin through my arse,by the 5th one,i would of sold me eyes for a jocky back,and den on to 3rock and back,not looking forward to na fianna 5k now...5
    rtd,,96
    mtd,,.790
    tof..123

• Advertisement

tues pm..1 mile w/u and 22min 5k at jonstown,didnt kill meself doin this,and 1/2 mile w/d..4.5
    rtd..97
    tof..123.40
    mtd..794.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

ultraman1 wrote: »
    tues pm..1 mile w/u and 22min 5k at jonstown,didnt kill meself doin this,and 1/2 mile w/d..4.5
    And the race report for 2013 goes to........................

rtd..97
    tof..123.40
    mtd..794.5

22 mins, Did you do it backwards :-)

22 mins, Did you do it backwards :-)
    reckon it was long....

wednesday...hard enuf 1hr+ cycle and cut the grass...
    thursday,...15 with a few long hillesque bits.legs as stiff as boards,.15..
    rtd..98
    mtd,,810
    tof,,126

friday..cruisey 6 miles ,,off to germany for a cupla days ,hopfully ill get a long run in tomorrow and not drink too much beer,,,,6
    rtd,,99
    tof,,126:48
    mtd..816

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

off to germany for a cupla days ,hopfully ill get a long run in tomorrow and not drink too much beer

Good luck with that intention. I'll be there in a couple of weeks, save some beer for me. ;)

Aimman wrote: »
    , save some beer for me. ;)

monday..easy 6.2 to shake the aftermath of all dat beer and sausages.and spagetti ice.cream,,,6.2
    rtd..100
    tof..128:50
    mtd..,822

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

monday..easy 6.2 to shake the aftermath of all dat beer and sausages.and spagetti ice.cream,,,6.2
    rtd..100
    tof..128:50
    mtd..,822

Yum! I LOVE spaghetti ice-cream:D

tuesday.am..easy 4 mile run around malahide then first OW swim session,didnt do a whole lotta swimmin ,but was worthwhile none the less as i seem not to swim in a straight line
    pm ...hard 10km with easy i mile w/d,,,..7
    rtd,,102
    mtd..833
    tof..130:20

tuesday.am..easy 4 mile run around malahide then first OW swim session,didnt do a whole lotta swimmin ,but was worthwhile none the less as i seem not to swim in a straight line
    pm ...hard 10km with easy i mile w/d,,,..7
    rtd,,102
    mtd..833
    tof..130:20

What's a hard 10k ?

What's a hard 10k ?
    opposite to an easy 10km.....

opposite to an easy 10km.....

Hard 10k could mean you had a bugle doing it :-)

Hard 10k could mean you had a bugle doing it :-)
    i had for some of it..dat was a really hard 1km

wednrsday..long run planned ,met with the don and headed for a tour of lost dublin and pubs that have had murders in it,by 7 miles i was dead:confused:,headded back to park for shelter from sun and did lenght of chesterfield road,where i saw either digger or his doppleganger doin a tour of the park on rollerblades in leather pants, and out to castle knock and down knocmaroon hil,finished with 14,,
    rtd..103
    mtd..#847
    tof..132:40

thurs...speed session with the club...5
    rtd,,104
    mtd,,852
    tof,,134

• Advertisement

friday,,,long day at wrk,sneaki 5 miles to malahide and den a stonker of a swim session,arms hangin,,,,5
    rtd..105
    tof,,134:45
    mtd,,857

sat ,,,nudda long hot day in wrk,only had time for short run,only got in 8+ and a lot of tirednes in legs dat shouldnt be there:confused: with a heavy 3 weeks ahead....8
    rtd..106
    mtd..865
    tof..136:10

sat ,,,nudda long hot day in wrk,only had time for short run,only got in 8+ and a lot of tirednes in legs dat shouldnt be there:confused: with a heavy 3 weeks ahead....8
    rtd..106
    mtd..865
    tof..136:10
    Eric squeezed in a 30 miler yesterday . He has a picture of you on his dart board. Gonna get messy in portumna :-)

Eric squeezed in a 30 miler yesterday . He has a picture of you on his dart board. Gonna get messy in portumna :-)
    he mite have to be a bit more prepared and get 100 factor sunscream for sat,,,,only me legs are tired,d engine is purring like a toyota corrolla

tuesday,,,,nice and hot 1k+ OW swim around seapoint,before the tide went out,and den a nice bbq,,hopfully get out for a few miles tonioght...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

tuesday,,,,nice and hot 1k+ OW swim around seapoint,before the tide went out,and den a nice bbq,,hopfully get out for a few miles tonioght...

Did you wear a wet suit? Togs? Or were you pretending it was December again and you were with Kurt and the tri folks? ;)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Did you wear a wet suit? Togs? Or were you pretending it was December again and you were with Kurt and the tri folks? ;)
    unfortunatly for the dears at seapoint i wore a wetsuit...... i have to conform or the tri folks wont show me their secret handshake come august when i come out

tues...1.5 miles slow,,tummy upset...1.5 miles home really fast:o...3
    wed met up with eammo and ran from his gaf to 11th lock,kinda bonkd again:confused: and milled a litre of coke and salt and electrolyte cocktail wen finished ...14+
    rtd..108
    tof..138:.5
    mtd,,882

thursday .... just under 3hrs,18 mile recovery run,absoluty wiped out on this one,,....,anto prepare to be pussywhipped by eric on sat at mile 32.....18
    rtd,,109
    tof,,141.5
    mtd...900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

thursday .... just under 3hrs,18 mile recovery run,absoluty wiped out on this one

Not sure if that counts as a recovery run??:pac:

Advertisement