Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

pm ...800 mtr swim and 3 mile proper recovery...
    rtd..110
    mtd,,903
    tof..141 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Are you about in the morning for 15M?

Aimman wrote: »
    Are you about in the morning for 15M?
    meeting rach 4 a swim

friday...swam from low rock towards portmarnok for 15 mins and the journey back was 30 mins due to tide,was swimmin and going nowhere,,,,only towards isle of man....

sat...did d howth EOI mara,well 3/4 of it:o,did a 9 mile warm up along contarf strand and bak just b4 nine for the start of the mara ,finished d 3rd lap at 12:30 and had to be in wrk for 2 o clock,so just ran to sutton and back to finish at 1 o clock givin me a total of 32 miles for the day,so happy enuf and am not too wiped out....32
    rtd..111
    mtd..935
    tof..146:50

• Advertisement

You mean you got a DNF after 32 miles :eek:

Aimman wrote: »
    You mean you got a DNF after 32 miles :eek:
    i am the first ever dnf'r in the eoi series,,,they are engraving the trophy:D

ultraman1 wrote: »
    A biro message on a wooden spoon would be more appropriate ;)

sun,,,easy run after wrk,tiredness was creepin all day,cud of been the 40th i was at last nite and was supposed to be d driver home,,we had to get a taxi:)....8
    rtd..112
    mtd..943
    tof..148

monday...killer massage off berni. and den a 1 mile swim at seapoint,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

There was one in the second race. You can't even do that right :-)
    Eric squeezed in another long run today. He says he's gonna mangle you in portumna :-)

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Eric squeezed in another long run today.
    must be gonna use it as an excuse;)

must be gonna use it as an excuse;)

It's on like donkey Kong :-)

tuesday...easy 6 miles at planned sat pace,legs grand ,arse still sore from massage...6
    rtd..#113
    mtd,,951
    tof..148:55

wednesday,,one of those runs wen u dont wanna stop:),14 miles around donadea ,staplestown,hope i feel dis good on saturday...14+
    rtd..114
    mtd..965
    tof..150:55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Brilliant training going there UM. well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Best of luck on Saturday UM. 100k will deserve a race report of at least 6 sentences :rolleyes:

thurs...easy 4.5 mile track session...4.5
    rtd..115
    tof..151>55
    mtd.969.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Best of luck today Anto. Can't believe that you slept in a tent the night before a 100k race. Still, whats a holiday without a few beers...

[IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tzDhJaZxjOk/UbwZOIN3tpI/AAAAAAAAA44/tWbq1GfFvjI/s640/IMAG0226.jpg" height="425" width="640"[/IMG]

Well done anto, steady as a rock, I got my ass handed to me today. :-)

• Advertisement

kit3 wrote: »
    100k will deserve a race report of at least 6 sentences :rolleyes:
    9hrs:55...felt great(apart from the pain)all the way around,6 sentences to follow
    Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Well done anto, steady as a rock, I got my ass handed to me today. :-)
    ,thanks frank,linky thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Awe inspiring performance. You deserve every bit of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

9hrs:55...felt great(apart from the pain)all the way around,6 sentences to follow

,thanks frank,linky thing

Well done Anto, great achievement.Hope you recover well Any chance of a 100k in Donadee at some stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Fair play Anto - some man

Solid running Anto, you looked comfortable on each loop. Well done on a great race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Wow. And just when I thought I had seen it all from you. ;) Very well done. Your engine may purr like a Toyotal Corolla, but apparently it performs like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. :) Bravo!!!

sat portumna 100k.....had no real plan for this race other than as long trainin run for oxford in 8 weeks,i had 10hrs in my head as mrs um1 was goin out on d raz and i had to be home for 9:30,and recent trainin runs pointed to it also,so plan was easi warm up for an hour and try and keep to just under 29 mins per 5k for as long as i could while keepin h/r under 75%.At 20 odd miles the 30 mile pain came so took a couple of pain killers and they seemed to do the trick, passed mara point at 4hrs,and was still keepin ahead of plan,did d second mara in 4hrs 8 mins,so i knew the sub 10 was still on if i didnt feck it up ,hit a bit of a troughf at this point,but the 3:45 mara pacers caught me on their final lap so stuck with them for a km and got back on track, knew if i could get to 10k left with an hour to go i would sorted,got to 5 km with 35 mins left and had a stomach moment so had to go jax(just givin eammo some more practice at crewing),and losin a bit of time.this lap was the only time i was under pressure untli i hit the last km marker and den i knew mrs um1 would make her dinner date,,,happy enuf to finish in one piece,with a spartatlon qualifier in the bag;) and a 7th place finish.....nice to run with the usual gang and meet a few new faces,tanks to mr stew for movin me bag,defo saved me a good few mins,eammo for bringing me to the jax,and any one who shouted abuse at me

rtd..115
    tof..161:55
    mtd,,1031

ultrapercy wrote: »
    Any chance of a 100k in Donadee at some stage?
    i would love to ,but the 5hr cut off mite put a few off it,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Great running UM and that's some 6 sentences - almost MS style :) well done

Actually, think it might just be 3 ........

• Advertisement

as long as i could while keepin h/r under 75%.

and had a stomach moment so had to go jax(just givin eammo some more practice at crewing),

First of all, Outstanding Result. You're got schizophrenic running, you are a different person out training and racing. I've seen you hit lows on the training and then power through races (the complete opposite to me)

Secondly, When I was out running today, I was wondering if I should just knock the pace display off the Garmin and just run within the recovery rate (around 75%) each day for the 10in10 to keep the stress on the muscles to a minimum, do you think that's a good idea?

Third, I think I'm well seasoned to your emergency toilet breaks, so there's nothing to shock me now

Fourth - Spartatalon qualifier???? Available for Crewing duties.... I can provide references.... Just saying, like. :D

Advertisement