Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Fantastic result, massive congrats from The Stew Family:D
    Aimman wrote: »
    First of all, Outstanding Result. You're got schizophrenic running, you are a different person out training and racing. I've seen you hit lows on the training and then power through races (the complete opposite to me)

Secondly, When I was out running today, I was wondering if I should just knock the pace display off the Garmin and just run within the recovery rate (around 75%) each day for the 10in10 to keep the stress on the muscles to a minimum, do you think that's a good idea?

Third, I think I'm well seasoned to your emergency toilet breaks, so there's nothing to shock me now

Fourth - Spartatalon qualifier???? Available for Crewing duties.... I can provide references.... Just saying, like. :D

Mr Stew and I also available, he's good at bag duty, the sound of me chatting will be enough to make you keep running away and Eamo can do jax duty;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭breffni blue

Well done Anto, that's some time for 100k, you looked fairly comfortable on every lap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

sunday,,,3 hrs in the nac floating down d lazy river,and playin on the boogie board yoke
    monday,,easy 9+ miles,no niggles but little stifish..9.5
    rtd,,116
    tof,,163
    mtd..1040.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ultraman1 wrote: »
    sunday,,,3 hrs in the nac floating down d lazy river,and playin on the boogie board yoke
    monday,,easy 9+ miles,no niggles but little stifish..9.5
    rtd,,116
    tof,,163
    mtd..1040.5

:eek: no lazy recovery ? What's next in the plan ?

kit3 wrote: »
    What's next in the plan ?

this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Lee swim? Brillliant having a race called after you .

Cool - my home ground. Was down there last week and I'm afraid the lee still smells as bad as it did when I was a kid ! Be sure to hit the decontaminaion unit :eek:

Dark side beckoning ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Never even saw you on Friday, but that may have been down to the rain and the beer goggles. Fantastic achievement in the 100km. Congrats.

kit3 wrote: »

Dark side beckoning ????
    i may visit for the winter

tues..finished off the last of the fathers day beer,8 sam adams in one fowl swoop:)....0
    wednesday...easy 5 miles and out on bike tonite (50k) after droppin car to be serviced....5
    tof..163:50
    mtd,,1045
    rtd..117

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

tues..finished off the last of the fathers day beer,8 sam adams in one fowl swoop:)....0

Did you have a chicken dinner or wha'?:D

thurs,,,easyish 11.5 around donadea,staplestown and back to clane,,11.5
    rtd..#118
    tof..166
    mtd..1056

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

tues..finished off the last of the fathers day beer,8 sam adams in 8 fast laps.... 2 beer miles

FYP

allys chicken and salad with coffee,,followed by curry,chips and rice, and washed with a pack of rancheros and some of dat poppin choclate and coffee ...god bless any one behind me tonite for 96 laps,.....

allys chicken and salad with coffee,,followed by curry,chips and rice, and washed with a pack of rancheros and some of dat poppin choclate and coffee ...god bless any one behind me tonite for 96 laps,.....

You in Leixlip tonight ? You're like a machine - no stopping you! Thanks for the warning - will keep the windows closed in Clondalkin - it's not too far away. Enjoy!

sat am...maybe the curry wasnt the greastest idea:o,,,,13 mile(tbc),dropped out at halfway as was getting cold and slow,...13
    rtd..119
    mtd1069
    tof...168

sat,..fell asleep in sauna,
    sunday....v-easy 6 mile run...
    rtd..120
    tof..169
    mtd..1075

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

sat,..fell asleep in sauna,

What did you dream of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    What did you dream of?

All he remembers is waking up in Gordon Ramsey's kitchen when the steam cleared!

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    What did you dream of?
    this

• Advertisement

mon,,am 9 mile run and 1 mile ow swim....9
    pm 9.65 mile run...9.5
    rtd 122
    mtd 1093.5
    tof..171.5

tuesday...5 mile walk. and 10.5 mile run inc 2 mile wipeout...10.5
    rtd..123
    tof..172.75
    mtd...1104

wed,,,little niggle in leg ,so did eff all,....0
    thurs...4+ mile track session,10 x 100 eyeballs out...4
    rtd 121
    mtd..1108
    toif..174.5

fri..out for long run,got stung by a bee in mouth,nearly tripped over me lip,end of long run:mad:...7
    rtd..125
    mtd..1115
    tof..175.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

fri..out for long run,got stung by a bee in mouth,nearly tripped over me lip,end of long run:mad:...7
    rtd..125
    mtd..1115
    tof..175.5

:-D

sun,,,12.5 mile to put some class of respectability on weeks training.as i had a long week of work i ..3x 100 mile weeks ahead or will be wasting me time in oxford.(am doin ww ultra route on wed if anyone wants to tag along,no mug given though)..12.5
    rtd..126
    tof..177
    mtd..1127.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

sun,,,12.5 mile to put some class of respectability on weeks training.as i had a long week of work i ..3x 100 mile weeks ahead or will be wasting me time in oxford.(am doin ww ultra route on wed if anyone wants to tag along,no mug given though)..12.5
    rtd..126
    tof..177
    mtd..1127.5
    What time you running at on wed? Starting at Fox's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

rtd..126
    tof..177
    mtd..1127.5
    You gonna finish it this time ?

belcarra wrote: »
    What time you running at on wed? Starting at Fox's?
    8am

• Advertisement

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    You gonna finish it this time ?
    :D
    i have to,am doin it with D don ...

Advertisement