Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

ultraman1 wrote: »
    3x 100 mile weeks ahead or will be wasting me time in oxford.(am doin ww ultra route on wed if anyone wants to tag along,no mug given though)

Pity you're not signed up for Sixmilebridge, you'd have clocked up a couple of 100M weeks no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

:D
    i have to,am doin it with D don ...

Would have loved to have done it with you boys. last time was a nightmare.

:D
    i have to,am doin it with D don ...

Are you planning on playing Boulder Dash with Don? I never seen Frank move so fast down the side of a hill during the wicklow way ultra:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Aimman wrote: »
    Are you planning on playing Boulder Dash with Don? I never seen Frank move so fast down the side of a hill during the wicklow way ultra:)

Couldnt believe he done that :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Monday.....fast 9
    Tuesday. Mid 11 ,plus a sneaki quick walk up bray head,followed by fish and chips..11
    Wed...nice run up to djouce from jfoxs and back down to powers court for a dip in the river and back up to crone and back to foxes..26(ish as garmin was off,6hrs inc swimming and doss in)
    rtd..129
    tof..186
    mtd..1173

• Advertisement

Monday.....fast 9
    Tuesday. Mid 11 ,plus a sneaki quick walk up bray head,followed by fish and chips..11
    Wed...nice run up to djouce from jfoxs and back down to powers court for a dip in the river and back up to crone and back to foxes..26

Good man, nice training run. Was the ice cream van out and about?

Good man, nice training run. Was the ice cream van out and about?
    No but d pint at the finish was yir only man,,,long oul 6 hrs .....still didn't finish it,maybe wen or finished our little runs well do it

wed pm..coached swim session in lough ewol(sic).not much kickin done as legs a bit tired,kinda put saturdays swim race out of my consiosnes and last nites swim brought it back int it:eek:
    thurs....10 mile inc 8 x 350mt at 10k pace...10
    rtd..130
    tof..187
    mtd..1183
    l

friday 0
    saturday... river lee swim.2k 42 mins,happy enuf
    sunday,,1k swim around bray head dodgin a speedboat
    monday long day at wrk,,,8 sweaty miles
    tuesday 1hr+ bike...
    wednes am..5.5 miles
    will prob change log back to lazy bastard,and stick in unmotivated aswell..
    rtd,,132
    tof..189
    mtd..1196.5

will prob change log back to lazy bastard,and stick in unmotivated aswell..

I'll give you back that book of motivation in sport on Saturday. ;)

Well done on the Lee swim.

• Advertisement

I'll give you back that book of motivation in sport on Saturday. ;)
    prob need a few smacks of it...

wed pm,,afternoon spent lollin around ballysmutten.,and back for an hr on turbo
    thurs.. hard enuf run from gaf to near roberstown along canal inc 1m w/u 5 hard and 6 easy...12
    fri am..easyish 6 b4 it gets too warm...6
    rtd,,134
    tof,,191.5
    mtd,,1214.5

six mile bridge marathjon tomorow.....eyeballs out 26.2 or easyish 39.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Yes, well done on the Lee swim. I don't know anything about the Lee swim, perhaps you could elaborate a bit on the swim....tell a few details about it, or make something up....but either way, nice job. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

six mile bridge marathjon tomorow.....eyeballs out 26.2 or easyish 39.3

This could be your chance to beat TFB

menoscemo wrote: »
    This could be your chance to beat TFB
    beat him to 5 miles:)

sat....went for option c:rolleyes:.. first 5 miles at 10k pace and the rest at another pace,not really a day for lots of miles,effin sun wipped me out,,,good trainin run on bollixd legs...26
    rtd..135
    tof..196
    mtd..1230

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Yes, well done on the Lee swim. I don't know anything about the Lee swim, perhaps you could elaborate a bit on the swim....tell a few details about it, or make something up....but either way, nice job. :)
    tank DD,,its a 2kmswim on the river lee in cork,1.7k downstream and .3 upstream,its the biggest ow swim reace in the country,circa 450 starters,if ur on the facebook machine,https://www.facebook.com/vibesandscribes#!/Lee.Swim?fref=ts

beat him to 5 miles:)

sat....went for option c:rolleyes:.. first 5 miles at 10k pace and the rest at another pace,not really a day for lots of miles,effin sun wipped me out,,,good trainin run on bollixd legs...26

Lucky I let you go on at mile 22, or you'd never hear the end of it if I beat you biggrin.png

Lucky I let you go on at mile 22, or you'd never hear the end of it if I beat you biggrin.png
    i was waitin for ya at cool pop central,,when u saw the red head u perked up

i was waitin for ya at cool pop central,,when u saw the red head u perked up

She came to the presentation, looking for you.

She came to the presentation, looking for you.
    not many of them around,,,,22 yr old honeys dat dig 40 yr sweaty marrried oulfellas..

• Advertisement

sun...easy 6 around clane,,,need a anudda pair of runners as the sole of the new ones i got has a solid 3mm coating of 6MB tar makin dem unrunnable,no wonder i felt like i was runnin thro glue...6
    rtd..136
    mtd..1236
    tof..197

monday,,,cold mountain bath at ballysmutten and a cupla hrs walk around avon ri,,,and a 9 mile run deliverin a few cards,,,,9
    rtd..#137
    mtd..1245
    tof..198:15

thurs,,,4+ in donadea with a few easy hill repeats,,,4
    rtd..138
    tof..199
    mtd..1249

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You still swimming and stuff?

You still swimming and stuff?
    havent swam since cork a few weeks ago:(...start agan i sept

Best of luck in Belfast for the 12H.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Best of luck UM1. Just as well you got the warm weather training in in sixmile bridge !

fri/sat...started off great,fell off a cliff at 25 miles,hit 50k in 4:45 and got the barrys around den,3rd degree chafin burns on me arse,called it a day at 8ish hrs as no benifit to go on..45..
    rtd..139
    tof..207
    mtd...1294

fri/sat...started off great,fell off a cliff at 25 miles,hit 50k in 4:45 and got the barrys around den,3rd degree chafin burns on me arse,called it a day at 8ish hrs as no benifit to go on..45..
    rtd..139
    tof..207
    mtd...1294

I'm drinking extra wine so I can save all the corks for you for Oxford. 40 more hours running around like a bottle of Moet ready to pop should make interesting viewing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

You were running pretty fast around the track. Great mileage in the time you were out. Slowing down for the 48 hours will guarantee you some big mileage. You are So ready for this. Havent seen you in as good shape for long time. Forgot to congratulate you on the swim.
    Well done UM

Advertisement