Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Marthastew wrote: »
    I'm assuming Aimmo lined up a buxom barmaid like the one on the previous page to serve you recovery beers and help drown your sorrows:)

The Bowyer Arms had a nice pair (of barmaids). Anto thought his luck was in when a guy went around selling tickets for the Meat raffle. One of the most bizarre competitions I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Two things.......
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    wednes,,,,4 mile run aroun keel,15 mile cycle around achill and a 800mt sea swim around keem...4
    thurs,,,2.5 b4 breaki run....
    rtd..150
    mtd..147.5
    tof..215:25

Achill?? That's where my grandpa was born and raised...in Dooega. Quite a wonderful place - rough and wild. Do you go there often? I still have a million cousins living there, in fact one of them runs Lavelles Seaside House and associated pub.
    thurs..sneaki race in oxford,retired at 31hrs with poxy groin strain.....189+km
    ,looked after impeccabvly by eammo,bernie and d oulfella....
    rtd,,153
    mtd..1484
    tof..249.

This is it? You run for 31 hours and all we get is two dozen words and some liberally used punctuation marks? I can't even imagine how many pages and emoticons it would take me and Marthastew to get through such an experience. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Achill?? That's where my grandpa was born and raised...in Dooega. Quite a wonderful place - rough and wild. Do you go there often? I still have a million cousins living there, in fact one of them runs Lavelles Seaside House and associated pub.

was garminisin a route for this

This is it? You run for 31 hours and all we get is two dozen words and some liberally used punctuation marks? I can't even imagine how many pages and emoticons it would take me and Marthastew to get through such an experience. ;)
    wounds are still raw,:mad:

Achill is doing a full marathon??? And ultra marathon?? Way cool!!! I believe the route goes right by the old cemetary where many of my relatives are buried....which (I believe, if my memory serves me well) is right near a run down castle - did it belong to Grace O'Malley?? And I remember one of my cousins telling me something about a wedding and the bride being held captive in a structure/castle near/at the cemetary as well. ?? Gosh...I'll have to write my cousin now.....

But back to you...when your wounds heal, maybe you can share a little of what it was like to run for that length of time, including some of the more interesting details like how often you had to go to the little boys' room. ;)

just did a sneaki report and it fecked off to tinterweb island:mad:
    @dory,can only remember doin 1 wee,,,,,

physio on wed to see if i can run anytime soon,

• Advertisement

physio on wed to see if i can run anytime soon,

lookin forward to my 15 mins on friday:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

lookin forward to my 15 mins on friday:)

We'll expect a decent report from that one. Good luck with the recovery - hope the injury is not interfering with those Wednesday training sessions .....

thursday,,,,3.5 mile walk with the dog,even wore me runnin gear:)...

thursday,,,,3.5 mile walk with the dog,even wore me runnin gear:)...

Why was the dog wearing your running gear? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Aimman wrote: »
    Why was the dog wearing your running gear? :confused::confused:

He has the dog on high heels, stockings and lipstick normally :-D

• Advertisement

friday ...first run since that other race,very creaky for first + second mile and 3rd mile was ok,,leg still tender were bernies fingher prints are...3.5 miles in 37 mins
    mtd..1487
    tof..#249:30
    rtd..154

friday ...first run since that other race,very creaky for first + second mile and 3rd mile was ok,,leg still tender were bernies fingher prints are...3.5 miles in 37 mins
    mtd..1487
    tof..#249:30
    rtd..154
    That's grand, you're ready! grab your runners, you're coming to Craughwell tomorrow for the marthon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Did you get the race report finished while you were doin no runnin?

sun...easy 3 around san tray with belcarra that felt like 5:rolleyes:....knee stiff in morn.....3
    rtd..155
    tof..250
    mtd..1490
    pistol_75 wrote: »
    Did you get the race report finished while you were doin no runnin?
    will ask my biographer eammo to do one,,,tbh i can really remember much apart from goin round and round for a while,havin a rest and den droppin out a few hrs later,am a bit sick i had to stop as was expexting a lot more,and am plannin next one at the expence of joinin the dark side:mad:...:)

sun...easy 3 around san tray with belcarra that felt like 5:rolleyes:....knee stiff in morn.....3
    rtd..155
    tof..250
    mtd..1490

will ask my biographer eammo to do one,,,tbh i can really remember much apart from goin round and round for a while,havin a rest and den droppin out a few hrs later,am a bit sick i had to stop as was expexting a lot more,and am plannin next one at the expence of joinin the dark side:mad:...:)

Psst, little boy...screw the "next one"....I've got candy and a darkside membership card made out in your name with a list of darkside perks that will blow your fecking mind. ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Psst, little boy...screw the "next one"....I've got candy and a darkside membership card made out in your name with a list of darkside perks that will blow your fecking mind. ;):D

Oh dear God I'm not even going to start replying to this one DD.... Your October visa may possibly be revoked!! :D;)

Psst, ...screwin +fecking
    im in like flynn:eek:

tues..5k again in bout 35 mins,..3
    rtd.156
    mtd..1493
    tof..250.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

tues..5k again in bout 35 min

PB?

will ask my biographer eammo to do one,,,

Wednesday - Lashed Rain. Had Pre Race Analysis in the pub.

Thursday - Lashed Rain. Race Started. Anto ran around and around. Rest of us had to fight off swarms of killer bees and smuggle drink into the college without being caught

Friday - Lashed Rain. Anto ran around and around a bit less but broke the 100M in 24hours. Figured out how to get rid of the bees. Anto finally stopped as did the rain. Had post race analysis in the pub where they raffle off meat. Took Anto 1 hour to walk less than a mile back to the tent. Consumed more contraband alcohol.

Saturday
    - Award Ceremony and free veggie food. Anto get's recognised by a boardsie in Heathrow (The Donadea Top and his limp gave him away)

menoscemo wrote: »
    PB?
    short course

• Advertisement

thurs,,track session with club,only did half of it....7k
    rtd,,157
    tof..251.5
    mtd,,1497

thurs,,track session with club,only did half of it....7k
    rtd,,157
    tof..251.5
    mtd,,1497

You gone metric ?? - Must be serious about the dark side ............

kit3 wrote: »
    You gone metric ?? - Must be serious about the dark side ............
    just some sham said i did bout 7k as i was a lazy so+so

just some sham said i did bout 7k as i was a lazy so+so

think you're in denial still....................

How's the recovery going ?

kit3 wrote: »
    How's the recovery going ?
    just started back yesterday:),still a few niggly bits,but 3 weeks of eatin/drinkin like a pig have left me with a long road to get fit again,

tuesday..7 miles with the fit4life ladies,few tight bits and niggles...7
    wednesday 3.5 miles stuck for time so had to leggit a bit to get home..3.5
    rtd..159
    tof..253
    m td..1507

:eek: glad you clarified that ! Eyebrows were shooting up here - was wondering what kind of life you were getting them
    fit for !!!

Good to see you back on the road again :)

Fri..easy 5 mile run:),50mins,,

Can you reduce your posts to just one per week? I'm going to miss that barmaid when your log rolls onto the next page.

• Advertisement

Oxford is still on my mind and am still bullin over it:mad:,,have decided to start from scratch again,leg seems to be gettin looser but still some pain in morning
    sunday ,,, Baseline H/r test on track ,,will use this in 4/5 weeks to measure increase in fitness level fitness..4 miles
    monday 3 miles 1,wu,1 fast,1 wd..3
    tue..am,.20k cycle...
    rtd..162
    mtd,,1519
    tof..255:20

Advertisement