Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Normality of Madness"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

sat,,Eoi marathon in killegh ,planned doin 18 miles,few gains made:) and a dnf:)..18
    rtd...194
    mtd..1757
    tof..292:40

sun..easi reco run with slight hangover,,,,4.5
    rtd..195
    tof..293:20
    mtd..1761

monday..5 miles in sallins...5
    tue...0
    wed..35 min turbo rockin out to frogstomp...
    rtd..196
    tof..294
    mtd..1766

thurs,,,planned 3hr run,was hangin at 7 miles so cut losses and hobbled for home...12
    rtd,,197
    tof,,296
    mtd,,1778

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

ultraman1 wrote: »
    thurs,,,planned 3hr run,was hangin at 7 miles so cut losses and hobbled for home...12
    rtd,,197
    tof,,296
    mtd,,1778

What do you reckon happened there?

• Advertisement

Aimman wrote: »
    What do you reckon happened there?

I must be over doin it:)......juzt one of those days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

I must be over doin it:)......juzt one of those days

Interesting to see that someone with your big mileage gets 'one of those days' too. Thought it was just us lesser mortals. Anyway of avoiding that or is it just random ? Happened to me at DCM and wondered if there was something I could have done about it.

Good luck in sixmilebridge.

kit3 wrote: »
    Happened to me at DCM and wondered if there was something I could have done about it.

Good luck in sixmilebridge.
    a couple of mandfcukuptabletsusually does d trick;),am not even fit enuf to do the 6mb half mara and i have to wrk,on me birthday an all:mad: ,i havent done any big milage in a few months,so i have to start again,one thing u cant call on is endurance,u have to be constantly banking it,and topping it up

fri,,,easy 2 mile w/u on the coast followed by steady 5k on the malahide parkrun route and 3+ mile w/d followed by some couscous...8+
    rtd..198
    tof..297:10
    mtd..1786

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

a couple of mandfcukuptabletsusually does d trick;),am not even fit enuf to do the 6mb half mara and i have to wrk,on me birthday an all:mad: ,i havent done any big milage in a few months,so i have to start again,one thing u cant call on is endurance,u have to be constantly banking it,and topping it up

fri,,,easy 2 mile w/u on the coast followed by steady 5k on the malahide parkrun route and 3+ mile w/d followed by some couscous...8+
    rtd..198
    tof..297:10
    mtd..1786

Those mandfcukuptablets crossed my mind all right. Would have taken them
    if it had been a half but was afraid they would floor me completely for the full ! Will just have to work on being mote consistent I think. Happy birthday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Birthday?? Did someone say birthday??? Happy birthday then!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Sat. Nice wet 5+miles inc 2mile eyeballs out.....5...

sun..1 bottle of Dungarvan copper Ale:)
    monday....1 mile w/u,3 mile hard,1 mile w/d..5
    tue...1 mile w/u,6 mile hard,1 mile w/d....8
    rtd,,201
    tof..1789
    mtd..1804

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

sun..1 bottle of Dungarvan copper Ale:)
    monday....1 mile w/u,3 mile hard,1 mile w/d..5
    tue...1 mile w/u,6 mile hard,1 mile w/d....8
    rtd,,201
    tof..1789
    mtd..1804

I'd have thought with your recent low mileage all your miles are now hard...:pac:

wednesday..easyish recovery run with jb-ski around the badlands of leixlip,st caterines park and the canal ,with a visit to the rye river waterfall and romanesque baths. really enjoyable run..9+
    rtd..202
    tof..1790.50
    mtd,,1813

Wed...pm...proper recovery run with brother.its cnutin freezin out there....5

thurs..am..nice run up around tirbradden with ms,aquagirl,jap and tom,,nice chill in air....6
    pm.. hard 3.5 miles b4 dinner seeing dat i still had runnin gear on....3.5
    rtd..205
    tof..1793
    mtd..1829.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

thurs..am..nice run up around tirbradden with ms,aquagirl,jap and tom,,nice chill in air....6
    pm.. hard 3.5 miles b4 dinner seeing dat i still had runnin gear on....3.5
    rtd..205
    tof..1793
    mtd..1829.5

really enjoyed it, thanks:)

Fri....easy 3+ miles pre lsr loosener upper ..effin freezin,gonna be a cold one in d mornin..3

sat am...v easi longishshortish run with company,one of dem had stomach trouble and cut short....11
    mtd 1843..
    tof,,1795
    rtd..207

sunday am...steady 6+,,would of liked to have gone a bit longer but,mite get out tonite,..6.5
    rtd..208
    tof..1796
    mtd..1849

• Advertisement

monday am 17km cycle
    pm..5 mile easy run in sallins
    tuesday..nice run wit Belcarra and Tom around the badlands of ballymum,and a nice trip down memory lane as we passed mobi road ,the scene of many a hidin dished out to the home farm boys....12km(seeing dat bc is european)..will u send d garmini linki
    rtd,,210
    tof..1798
    mtd..1861

wed,,1m/u...4 miles eyeballs out,,1/2 mile w/d...5.5
    rtd..211

mtd,,1866.5
    tof..1798:40

tuesday..nice run wit Belcarra and Tom around the badlands of ballymum,and a nice trip down memory lane as we passed mobi road ,the scene of many a hidin dished out to the home farm boys....12km(seeing dat bc is european)..will u send d garmini linki
    rtd,,210
    tof..1798
    mtd..1861

Here ya go Anto

Giz a shout next time you're looking for a run in the area!

Thur..am...marley yo kilmashogue,to 3rock,down d other side,back up by the mtb trails to 3 rock,up to fairy castle,over to burial mound on tirbraden,back up to fairy castle,and back through kilmashogue to marley,,coulnt see a thing with the cloud cover ..
    .13+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Trampas

Thur..am...marley yo kilmashogue,to 3rock,down d other side,back up by the mtb trails to 3 rock,up to fairy castle,over to burial mound on tirbraden,back up to fairy castle,and back through kilmashogue to marley,,coulnt see a thing with the cloud cover ..
    .13+

So how do you know you went to all them places?

Trampas wrote: »
    So how do you know you went to all them places?

Cud see lots of tings apart from mourne mts...

frid..am..ran around lexlip and celbridge with jb-ski,bit tired/stiff from yesterdays run....9+
    pm..was a bit short of miwadiesque wine ,so pop over to eammo's and did 4+ around d badlands of lucan..4
    rtd..214
    tof,,
    mtd..1867

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

frid..am..ran around lexlip and celbridge with jb-ski,bit tired/stiff from yesterdays run....9+
    pm..was a bit short of miwadiesque wine ,so pop over to eammo's and did 4+ around d badlands of lucan..4
    rtd..214
    tof,,
    mtd..1867

If I knew you were doing cold turkey, I'd have happlily doubled the distance and let you go home with two bottles of hooch! :-)

Sat...long dau at wrk,so stuck for time,,,1w/u,2 hard,1 w/d..lookn forward to tomoros long run with b.c..4

• Advertisement

Sat...long dau at wrk,so stuck for time,,,1w/u,2 hard,1 w/d..lookn forward to tomoros long run with b.c..4

Tonight's run.

Advertisement