Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Running Scared

• 10-11-2009 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Well-guess who's back :)

finally decided to get off the couch after a long break and get back to some running-if you could call it that. Motivation is at a low level but today I bought some runners and running tights and got myself out since the weather was fine. Some niggles again in the plantar fascia after going on a 6 mile hike a couple of weeks ago but didn't feel it too much today.

Went for a 3 miler, going well at the start-felt like I could run away at that pace forever but was a struggle after a while and ended up walking about .5 of the 3 miles :eek: Fitness-in as much as I could have called myself fit-disappears fast!! Took me 34 minutes 28 sec!!! but then I did walk some (Heart rate hitting 183-what is that about?). Have a chesty cough as well at the moment so hopefully will see an improvement in the short term as that clears up.

Felt good to get out anyway.

So I suppose I should set some goals again....since I bombed the last time I'll be hoping to at least meet these ones.
    1) Would like to run the full marathon in Connemara in April....this is a long shot I suppose but all going well with training that's my goal.
    2) Should I be ill-prepared for the full I will definately be running the Connemara Half.
    3) To help with training I would be interested in a few of the shorter runs over the next few months so if anyone has any suggestions let me know, as I have not developed a proper plan yet.

So here I go again......old purple face :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭beamgirl

Welcome back, you should def do Athenry 10k on Stephens Day

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Hi Beamgirl,
    thanks for the idea but unfortunately I'll probably be in Clare for the Christmas holidays so I might find something local for the day that's in it...think my mother is working so I'l be on dinner duty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Welcome back :)

If you can get to Dublin, the Raheny 5 at the end of January is good fun.

Advertisement