Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

Options
  • 10-11-2009 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Just a quick note to say goodbye to all my Irish poker friends. I really enjoyed my 3 years in Ireland and I'm quite sad to go. I'm particularly grateful to all the TD's out there that make Irish poker scene the amazing experience it is. A big thanks to Denise, Luke, Stephen, Neill, Larry, Connie, John, Alex and especially JP. Keep up the good work!

I'll be landing somewhere in Nevada, so perhaps we'll cross paths again. Good luck everyone!

-Oz-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

dont go Oz, your the only person that I regularly suck out on.

Best of luck mate, your always a pleasure to play with and a hell of a player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

all the best Oz. It was always an absolute pleasure to be in your company. I hope everything goes well for you back in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Bad fold against Colette.
    Take care big guy. 'twas always a pleasure. I NEVER suck out on anyone, mathematicians avoid me at parties I run so badly it embarassess them. However agianst OZ, I cracked KK one time. so no wonder you are going to live in the Desert.

Willie

Listen to this guy non the Plane. (stolen from my BBV post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Goodluck and goodbye Oz. Always the gent and very pleasurable to play with and learn from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

It was a pleasure to chat to you oz, and to get some advise on hands.

A gent always...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Good luck oz, make sure to pop in and talk to us from the states as I believe the US internet is compatible with the Irish internet.

I always enjoyed playing with you, but I wish you didn't get retribution on me in the last EOM in the Fitz. All the best over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Gent to play with and sad to see you leave. Best of luck back home and glad you enjoyed the irish scene....you going back as a total fish now...

Oliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Hindsight

Hi Oz

So long buddy.

Thanks for all the hand discussion and advice. Your are an inspiration.

I hope to see you in the desert sometime.

All the best

Colum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Best of luck Oz. Been a pleasure sharing the tables over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Best of luck Oz, always a pleasure to be on the same table with you

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

very best of luck OZ from the family. Pleasure to have played with you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Good luck with the move to the US.
    It was always a pleasure and a learning experience to be at the table with you and while I'll miss that I won't miss that feeling of being completely perplexed at knowing you've been outplayed but not really sure how that was the usual result of table time with you.

Hopefully you'll keep on dropping in here, it would be a huge loss if you deserted us completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Best of luck Oz,
    Always a pleasure to have at the table, (although I rarely, if ever let you know that I knew you from boards)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Best of luck Oz! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Best of luck Oz

You'll be missed.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Take Care Oz! you give americans a good name!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

who is Noel Hayes going to talk omaha theory with........Cant believe you went without telling me REALLY what your hold cards where........ good luck, hope to see you in Vegas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Good Luck Oz,

Always a pleasure having you at my events. A true gent of the game.
    I'm sure we will be in contact over the next few months as we discuss the Irish rules.

Safe journey home.

NO!!

I still owe you one for that miracle call with K high you made against me. Still makes my stomach turn thinking about it.

Good luck with everything Oz, always a pleasure to have at the table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

keep in touch oz. I enjoyed our battles at the table. A great player and a great guy! best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

I never really got that much table time playing against you but your input here on boards and when chatting at the break of events etc was always welcome. I hope you pop your browser onto boards wherever you are in the future.

All the best

Olly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I will always remember the time you got it in with AA vs JJ on an AJx flop and lost

you took it like a true gentleman, good luck back home where the buffalo roam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

all the best Oz, always a gent at the tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

Gl Oz, always found it a great challenge when you were at my table.

Great player and good banter.

Meeting you a a rave in sligo when you were wearing your world of warcraft costume was the highlight of my summer!

gl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

Best of Luck Oz,it's been emotional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

So long Oz, glad you enjoyed your time here, safe trip buddy.

Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Best of luck with whatever you had planned for the future, always a pleasure to chat with you, your poker theory is truly impecable, dont forget about boards make sure you stick you head in from time to time.

Make sure you school Katkin back in Vegas teach him an expensive lesson :D

Wishing you all the best, Danny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

Best of luck Oz. Always a pleasure watching you play. If you're back in Vegas try not to clean Jon out too often. Bet you'll miss the weather.

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Best of luck Oz, hope to see you in Vegas sometime soon and please do keep possting here (especially in the rulings forum).

Stephen.

Advertisement