Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tools and Dampness

Options
  • 10-11-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

My first post here in the DIY forum and I thought I'd ask a question someone might have the answer for me well here goes,

For the last few months Iv been storing my power tools (cordless drills etc) in my wooden garden shed and now that its getting cold out and the wooden shed isnt that warm now would it affect my tools in anyway like damage the batteries, motor of the drill??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

jonon9 wrote: »
    My first post here in the DIY forum and I thought I'd ask a question someone might have the answer for me well here goes,

For the last few months Iv been storing my power tools (cordless drills etc) in my wooden garden shed and now that its getting cold out and the wooden shed isnt that warm now would it affect my tools in anyway like damage the batteries, motor of the drill??

As long as its not wet in there you should be grand... never had any issue with any of the stuff in my garage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Given our wierd climate of warm wet days and freezing cold nights, in theory moisture in the air from the daytime in the shed should condense on the tools in the night and cause corrosion and electrical damage. However, I have to say that I have long stored all of my powered garden tools in an unlined wooden shed and have never had a problem in years. I'd go with DD on this.

Advertisement