Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Property Prices...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

darter wrote: »
    It's time for everyone, and I do mean everyone, to take off their jackets and roll up there sleeves and get this country back on its feet.

What does this really mean though? Easy to say those words, but what do they actually mean? Give me some examples...!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

I think it's metaphorical for stop whinging, talking everything down, celebrating price decreases in property,etc. Start spending again. If you still have a job, you are probably not as badly off as you imagine. ''Sleeves up approach''. Example of what could be meant here. A coastal walkway should exist between Greystones and Wicklow Head. Unemployed engineers, chippies, labourers could be put on such projects to build them resorcefully and cheaply. However whats the bets if it was suggested at any level? The usual red tape, council, public liability blah blah would shout it down. Just my interpretation, but I accept that many people are just so far up their own asses right now that it's hard to see any daylight.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Have to say that if this place is not to be doomed to going the way of Script, it needs the good people of Charlesland to support it. Otherwise the not so good people will come and will come through our estate to get to it. I'm not really pleased that this place is opening. I hope I'm wrong.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

drag0n79 wrote: »
    What does this really mean though? Easy to say those words, but what do they actually mean? Give me some examples...!

He was probably gazing up at his portrait of Margaret Thatcher while he typed it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

ciaran67 wrote: »
    He was probably gazing up at his portrait of Margaret Thatcher while he typed it. :eek:

Aaarrrrgghh!!! You know how to insult! And why do you think I am male?

It means we must all do what we can to the extent that we can, and not forever looking for scapegoats for the fix we are all in.

Specifically, it means for one thing not going on bloody strike! Hardly likely to help the economy and Ireland's international reputation.

... and, before public servants start to lay in defensively about how they are misunderstood and underappreciated, I am one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Play the ball not the poster. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Aaarrrrgghh!!! You know how to insult! And why do you think I am male?

It means we must all do what we can to the extent that we can, and not forever looking for scapegoats for the fix we are all in.

Specifically, it means for one thing not going on bloody strike! Hardly likely to help the economy and Ireland's international reputation.

... and, before public servants start to lay in defensively about how they are misunderstood and underappreciated, I am one...

I was thinking that after i sent it. I would be more insulted by the Thatcher bit myself :D

Sorry lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

You are saying a lot and saying nothing - you can't just say something like "we all have to roll up out sleeves and get the country back on its feet", and not give an example. "Not striking" is hardly an example of being proactive. So let me know if you can think of any real examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Politics Forum
    Irish Economy forum

and if (like most of the country) you're fed up of politics and the economy, there's always the Mustard forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement