Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating costs

Options
  • 10-11-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi, could anyone advise on the heating costs (3 bed semi);

-single glazed windows and oil heating
    -single glazed windows and gas heating
    -double glazed windows and gas heating

My question is what may be the difference between these three options? I know that there may be other things important for heating costs but I don't worry about that at this stage.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Kinda how long is a piece of string but I'd go double glazing and gas.

insulation-heatloss.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lo0kash

center15 wrote: »
    Kinda how long is a piece of string but I'd go double glazing and gas.

Yeh I know....
    I also know that double glazing + gas i best but I'm just trying to figure out how much more would heating cost me in a house with single glazing and oil heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lo0kash

Different thing, Now we are living in a new-ish house with two separate heating circuits so we can turn heating on/off separately for upstairs and downstairs.
    We are moving to a house without that feature, I wonder what people normally do to keep heating costs low? Are they turning off each radiator downstairs while going sleep and turning off each radiator upstairs in the morning? Or usually don't care and heat all the house day and night? :)

Thanks

Advertisement